In-Game Religions

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Do you think Religion in Cantr is a good idea?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 110
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:09 am

Poster Bob wrote:
|west| wrote:
Jimothy wrote:. I think KF only problem is Rick, i think he is too soft for the world that they life in, you have to be tough and strike hard all the time in the island, it would be the only chance to survive. If KF gets steel, they will know Hailey's weaknesses, and maybe set an invasion, but the only problem with that would be rick, say this and that, and everyone will bend to him, life's to hard to be doing that, you say your going to do something, do it. Now the crowbar, if they were to get a crow bar that would be cool, especially for one of my chars :) Anyway, a crowbar would litterally make KF invinsible, the other regions are to slack to think about making tools like crowbars they are too set on making sabres. But if KF or anyone was to make a crow bar i think things could change dramatically on that island.

The biggest problem with Karnon Forest, the one that has cost me the most sleep, is HvyThg and Austin Powers. New player, perhaps not a firm grip on the capital rule; power hungry to the very last, and entirely irritating.
Rick's the only reason KF hasn't fractured into either warring factions, or stayed under Imperial control. Or whatever HvyThg would have done to keep himself in power.

The worst thing to happen to KF? Hardly.

Do you really think? I have not any chars round that region recently but i'm not too sure. Maybe we can just wait and see. I think the most unsuspecting people will strike first. Like Kirrin (LOL!) you never know. Everyone could have steel?

:| Has anyone stopped to think that maybe there WONT be a war?
kroner

Postby kroner » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:16 pm

umm.. check the post dates on those please.
DOOM!
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:35 pm

Ah, of course.
Halley

Postby Halley » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:47 am

I can just imagine some cult rising up somewhere, where they sacrifice newspawns to appease the gods....
Agar

Postby Agar » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:10 am

Halley wrote:I can just imagine some cult rising up somewhere, where they sacrifice newspawns to appease the gods....

Oooo Ooooo!!! Can I join! I'll just take my newspawn ...

Uhmmm, Nevermind. :D

Besides, what do you call most employers? "Come work inside my shop, make yourself into a machine, alone with no interaction, only labor at the same thing over and over. I'll feed you so I don't have to drag your carcass out, and consider the room and board your pay."

:twisted:
Reality was never my strong point.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:34 am

Agar wrote: Besides, what do you call most employers? "Come work inside my shop, make yourself into a machine, alone with no interaction, only labor at the same thing over and over. I'll feed you so I don't have to drag your carcass out, and consider the room and board your pay."

:twisted:

Hmmmm sounds way too familiar :roll: ......... But I will be good and not use the words that I use for that employer :twisted:

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:10 am

Hey! Religion topic!

*grabs topic and spins it in the right direction*

I'm really happy with the way things are going in Kwor. The Order of the Holy Father has started to have a bit of a following outside of its own initiates. The openness of the people there, along with casual expressions of a common faith, really are starting to give the place a unique identity, not to mention some interesting RPing when one of the faithless expresses doubt in the Father. :wink:

Not that we Kwori have a problem with that. :)

~AoM
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:05 am

I have a Kwori, a quite active one at that, and they love it there.
Jetlag

Postby Jetlag » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:58 pm

I have one follower of the Holy Father, and one who is developing her own belief system on the basis of what she observes.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:57 pm

My character's not particularly a believer, but is well aware of the importance of the church to Kwor, so just doesn't say anything - but she smiles to herself when she sees the members of the church discuss things with non-believers...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:39 pm

One of my characters has discovered to rid himself of emotions and that way he will become very powerful.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Surly

Postby Surly » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:36 pm

I have to say that I'm quite proud of what the 'Monks of Karnon' turned into. Which is to say, the Order of the Holy Father. Although I don't really have an active role anymore, it was started by one of my characters. It is quite gratifying that it has even a few followers, considering my failures with religion elsewhere.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:45 pm

Surly, were you Lopan?
Surly

Postby Surly » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:47 pm

Er... possibly.

Well, yes. And I still am, although he is now blind, confused and slightly bitter.
:evil:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:51 pm

Wow, he's still alive? Didn't know that...

Return to “General Discussion”