Variation in Government Styles

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:58 pm

No. I think he is talking about pioneers who lived by no law or religion (hunters, trappers). You are thinking of the Puritans who lived Masschusetts.

He is talkng about the men and women who lived on the fringes of the world at that ime where there was no established law and they lived off the land. Most of these people weren't religious nor could they considered part of a system other than a bartering system. They traded furs to European colonies for food or other essential they needed to survive on and keep hunting or trapping their animals. Sort of like cowboys of the Old West during the late 1600s to early 1800s.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:11 pm

Camino wrote:Is there anywhere which has no government at all yet several people just hanging around doing there own thing and helping out their neighbour?

Vrayllnuet Hills South - just a bunch of people helping each other, but no government of any kind. It works real well. Everyone gets along great, though there is not tons of development.
Darth Tiberius

Postby Darth Tiberius » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:32 pm

Four of my characters are leaders or at keast co-leaders/vice leaders of certain areas in the world of Cantr. We all have a Empire. Some more draconian than others. That is the funnest way to run things I think.
All hail his Purple Majesty!!!
Camino

Postby Camino » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:41 pm

JherodJ, I think you completely missed what I was saying, just because a group of people decide to live outside of a highly structured community does not mean they are anarchists, rklenseth had it right on the mark. I am not so naieve as to belive the New World was a wonderful place with lots of happy fun things going on all the time because I know it was different.

As for this place Vrayllnuet Hills South I may to get a character over there one day to see it for myself becuase it sounds great.
What do you mean the funnest way to rule? Do you mean because your in charge or at least very nearly the top person? Or do you mean it's fun because you get the best of everything around?
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:46 pm

It could be both, I enjoy being in charge of powerful groups, but also it's good to be kitted out well, even if you aren't at the top.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:07 pm

Camino wrote:JherodJ, I think you completely missed what I was saying, just because a group of people decide to live outside of a highly structured community does not mean they are anarchists, rklenseth had it right on the mark. I am not so naieve as to belive the New World was a wonderful place with lots of happy fun things going on all the time because I know it was different.

As for this place Vrayllnuet Hills South I may to get a character over there one day to see it for myself becuase it sounds great.
What do you mean the funnest way to rule? Do you mean because your in charge or at least very nearly the top person? Or do you mean it's fun because you get the best of everything around?

I know I am right. I live in the areas that those people use to live in. Hell, we still have a few of them living here and there. :lol:
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:09 pm

In Aki Medsiaron (very tiny place) the eight of us came together with no buoldings or nothing, elected my char as Mayor for writing out a republic-democratic constitution which is working quite well.... Letze how long we las since my char is sending out teams to get sources
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:46 pm

I wouldn't really say the Cult has a wide influence. I suppose it could try to influence things, but it's kinda gone in a dfferent direction to that.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:41 am

I'm a bit of an outsider, but it seems to me that the Rangers mostly hold power for as long as they don't try to exercise it. I can just see all the little ranger bits if they tried to be pushy in Seatown Forest. :twisted:
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:49 am

There spread pretty thin though, and all work independently. As long as the local gvts ablige, then they do have a bit of power. The problem is, if one ranger goes down, sometimes no one will ever know... hehe
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:52 am

I think what happens in one part of that region will eventually reach the ears of another part. So eventually the slaying of a Ranger would reach the ears of someone important. The thing is whether or not that important person will care.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:56 am

Ah yes, but I meant on the roads that mine is always travelling... but she always tells the local village if she;ll be back and where she;s headed, but then again, like they wud care if my char died :C, but I bet they wud, she's been a nice char most of the time, and treats everyone good with respect.
west

Postby west » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:43 am

is Sarah the Ranger still asleep in D hills S?
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:03 pm

I wouldnt know, my char went to that region as a ranger, but left a while back.
west

Postby west » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:03 am

Meh...just arrived in DHS and found out for meself.

...there must be Rangers around that my Rangers don't know...because I was almost certain that the only other girl Ranger (besides Sarah) was Seven.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.

Return to “General Discussion”