Things that annoy or puzzle you about Cantr

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Players Department, Public Relations Department, Players Department Trainee

cutecuddlydirewolf

Re: Things that annoy or puzzle you about Cantr

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Not a big fan of players using opinions in the form of emotes, so the other player can't respond to them. i.e. "He sighs at the immature newspawn", or "she shakes her head at the woman's overdramatic behavior".
ToxikCoffee

Postby ToxikCoffee » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:22 pm

cutecuddlydirewolf wrote:Not a big fan of players using opinions in the form of emotes, so the other player can't respond to them. i.e. "He sighs at the immature newspawn", or "she shakes her head at the woman's overdramatic behavior".

Same, it really annoys me! :roll:
"My most traumatizing moment was being stuck in a cage without ice cream. Also I eat my hamburgers like I eat my hockey pucks."
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:28 pm

I don't see how that stops you responding? If a newspawn is being immature, or a woman behaving overdramatically, it seems to me like they'd both be quite ready to jump on someone sighing or shaking their head, whether or not it's obviously because of them? :|
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Snowdrop wrote:I don't see how that stops you responding? If a newspawn is being immature, or a woman behaving overdramatically, it seems to me like they'd both be quite ready to jump on someone sighing or shaking their head, whether or not it's obviously because of them? :|

The sighing and head-shaking is fine. I'm talking about the usage of negative adjectives in emotes, specifically. It's expressing internal thoughts as an emote at best, and one player jabbing another at the worst.
Wolfsong
Resources Dept. Member

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:37 am

You can still reply to them in emotes. It's all about the meta, ie:

*He sighs at the sight of the silly, overly dramatic young woman trying to make a knife.*

*She VERY DRAMATICALLY continues to make the knife, oblivious to the nattering sighs of that opinionated derp over there.*
PaintedbyRoses
Resources Dept. Member

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am

This is just something I'm curious about. One of the tips says, "Did you know that...only about 10% of the animals are in inhabited locations?" Does this mean that there are, or might be, some kinds of animals that have not been encountered by Cantrians yet?

Return to “General Discussion”