Does anyone still enjoy the game?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

MattWithoos

Re: Does anyone still enjoy the game?

Postby MattWithoos » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:31 pm

It doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both. A new world and the old. A new smaller map and the old. Two servers like a lot of MMOs.
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:57 am

Simple answer to the question at hand ... No.
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 am

I guess what Tiamo and I suggest is adding new challenges to the existing world. No one would lose their characters and there would be something interesting to do again.
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 pm

MattWithoos wrote:It doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both. A new world and the old. A new smaller map and the old. Two servers like a lot of MMOs.

I loves the game, and came back just to renew my CANTReality fix.

*gathers a bunch of Obsidian*
*Builds Nether portal and Steps sideways to LongCantr West 1*. ;)
I mean, it does require a Potato, which is as iconic to cantr as I can think of!

*cheers for those who get the mixed references there*

I would dislike a restart, but would be fine with decay of some resources or building deconstructon or anything to present a non-static nature to this Persistant world. I play for the RP anyway, not so much for the mechanics, so am happy with some of my characters who could technically just stay in their empty towns gathering food for decades, needing nothing else. As long as there's folks to talk to, or hear from periodically . The rest is details.

I
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:35 am

I think I'm enjoying the game more now than I did all but a few days of my first two accounts.

Instead of getting bogged down in goals based on game mechanics (worlds biggest bus fleet! wooo!) I'm setting societal goals where the obstacles are created by other players. Instead of trying to create interesting characters for other people's stories, I'm trying to create interesting stories for other peoples characters.

In essence I've converted from a role playing first player to a strategic first player, and the change has made the game new to me. Hopefully as my characters get older and their plans progress (or in some cases take form) the world will become a more interesting place. Not that I don't RP or have directionless socialites, but the characters with world changing goals are the most compelling.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]

Return to “General Discussion”