Remembering Cantr

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

prometheus

Remembering Cantr

Postby prometheus » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:08 am

It didn't feel right, somehow, to put these in the dead character thread; and I've already quit, not thinking of it, and Wiro deserves standalone praise. So here's a thread for those who have unsubbed; to post deaths and more perhaps. Anyway.
Those of note. Stories will come later, as I am able.

Alexandros Kappas - he lived an idyllic life, and loved the perfect woman, in what he thought was the perfect town. He discovered a terrible secret, and it ate at him until he knew he must fix it; sadly, he did not have the time to see things through.

Inithia de Oduya - shrouded in mystery she will remain, unless others wish to come forward; some secrets are not mine to spill. She always felt angry and on the edges of everything, until she found her calling. It didn't make her any less angry, but what a wild ride.

Anne - meant to be a sleepworker, she ended up running for her life, and being rescued by people that turned out to be amazing and kind. She was the ugliest, sweetest princess there ever was.

Jimber Timber - spawned, spoke nonsense, and then thought she died. Was the most insane, wildest king poltergeist there ever was. Was gonna marry her sweetheart, BinkBink, in Zuzi, in a wild display of insane love, but her story ended too soon. She had so much wealth she wanted to distribute, but it wasn't to be.

Lagertha Rothbrok - Meant to be a viking, she ended up being more fun than anything else. She had just finally got to the place I wanted her to be; poised on the edge of great wealth, about to explore the world and return bearing many luxury gifts, when she died. Her story ended before she could find her Ragnar, but her short journey with Coventina is one I'll always remember.

Kirra Sato - she had the goal to bring true medical science to Cantr; from the day she spawned, she only wanted to help people, and she met many wonderful people along the way who aided her in that goal. I did copious research to make her theories and work as accurate as possible, but it was not to be.

Amanita Dutta - a creature of high luxury, from the day she spawned in Sring-Sri, she refused to wear animal parts and hated touching them. Falling ill, her journey took her to Klojt, where she lost her leg. Never worry, for a designing mind such as Amanita simply replaced it with a golden bejewelled prosthesis that reflected the fire of her new home, Dragonloft, where she thrived in business and learned of her desire to covort with people of class. I had hope for her to establish an aristocracy there, and for her to marry her beau in the event of the season, after taking home the grand prize at the festival for best dressed, but alas, her story was cut short.

Alaqua - Cherokee through and through, she was quiet and liked quiet. Happy with her home and her hawk, she lived a simple life that pleased us both. Had she been on a busier island she likely would have had more character development, but she liked the quiet. Still, I would have preferred her to pass in old age

Galatea - aka "Tea" aka Ocea - Originally a newspawn thief, she spawned in the worst place for it, and got away scott free, as no one bothered chasing her. I didn't know what to do with her, so she spent several years in the longboat she stole, where she turned into (someone who thought she was) a sea nymph, who's mother was Ceto/Amphitrite and who had two sisters of great beauty. Fish and her life in her longboat where all she ever wanted, besides "stars" (any jewels). She died shortly before the rest, finished before I could even see her mortally wounded. She was cannibalized and erased from history, which considering how much effort I put into her story, makes me very sad.

I'll post more later, but these are the main ones I've lost recently, and the last I will ever lose. It's been a wonderfully heady time playing with you, good and bad, and leaving was not a decision I made lightly or very willingly, but not something I can (emotionally speaking) talk about just yet.
Cheers.
"Thank my bottom and call me a biscuit."
Wolfsong

Re: Remembering Cantr

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 am

Aw, poor scabby Fish Scab.
Undine

Postby Undine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:03 am

I might actually cry.

Edit: I'm actually crying.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:43 am

I didn't realize how many I knew of those.. like Alaqua in Kwaki... And fish girl Galatea! Actually I have met almost all of those, wow.

Such a loss to see you go.. But take care in the life
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:24 am

I met all except Anne and Jimber and heard them on the radio. Galatea was cute. Lagertha was a riot. Dros was kinda creepy. Inithia was like an evil princess and when her death was first announced, nobody was sad. She was well played though. Sometimes you need characters you love to hate.
Not-so-sad panda
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:24 am

I knew five of yours. They were all distinct so that I wouldn't have suspected them of being from the same player. It's hard to post anything here that won't out my characters, so I'll just leave this one edited line here:

4949-2: Lagertha says: "*holds out a hand, a crushing motion* Life--balls. Do it."
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:20 am

I knew a few of yours. Lived shoulder to shoulder with a couple, had more that a small dispute with one. Thanks for bringing something unique to the game.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:14 am

I've been trying to think of how to give you public praise while also being discrete. Let's try this: One of your characters has propagated what I believe to be the most epic story arc in the game currently. It would absolutely make a fantastic RL book or movie on its own. It is riveting and terrifying. Thank you :D
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:28 am

Your character notes on medical conditions far surpassed anything I have seen anyone do in game so far, others are but simple lists of flowers but yours are almost real medical documents with such detail and careful thought the quality I doubt we shall see again.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:23 am

Best of luck and fortune to you in the future Prometheus.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:19 pm

prometheus, my chars knew three of yours, and one met Lagertha briefly (didn't like her very much, sorry :P) and I knew of others from the radio, and seeing that list I'm seriously in awe of the range of characters you played. Anne was so pathetic, and gross, and hilarious, and Kirra had such drive and so many plans. Jimber and her partner gave me many laughs on the radio and well...darn, I guess I know why Kappas kept putting off that visit now? :lol: (Just what the heck happened there in SG, anyway? The last broadcasts I heard about it were getting a little crazy. :shock: )

I know I told you this when Inithia died but I'd suspected you were her after a post you made, but finding out you were Kirra too? :D Again, seriously impressed. My character that knew them both was bemused/amused by Kirra's choice of profession but couldn't help but respect the enthusiasm. While Inithia was...eesh. Mine had such mixed up feelings about her. Remembering how she'd been in the beginning, it was tragic seeing what she'd been turned into, and the bitterness eating her up. Angry and disappointed about the way she left, but it was saddening hearing of her death and knowing there would never be a chance for healing there.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm glad to remember many of these characters either fondly or bitterly. Amanita Dutta was my favourite and I'm sad to see you go. As for Inithia de Oduya, there's books to be written about her and her interactions with both Aubergine and Elyos... but it won't beat the stories she wrote with Rune Tadmallow. Those two were a power priestess couple I'm not likely to forget, nor the way she destroyed that innocent little alchemist's mind to the point of either madness or genius... who can tell these days anymore.

The stories surrounding Alexandros Kappas were an emotional whirlwind for all parties involved. It was strangely magical.
Read about my characters by following this link.

Return to “General Discussion”