Cantr Stories - Lets write history!

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Re: Cantr Stories - Lets write history!

Postby Snickie » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:21 am

I wish I remembered more about the thing that happened with the leadership in Aragon when someone accused the leader of Aragon of attacking them needlessly or something like that, and went around spreading notes about how awful a place Aragon was and how the leaders were murderers. Narrator got involved, which means it's somewhere in my turn reports but I don't feel like reading 300+ emails to find it. I think it'd be an interesting story though. :mrgreen:
destinysWalrus

Postby destinysWalrus » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:39 am

I'm really hoping I have a chance to be on my computer for a while instead of my phone, because I have one story to add to and another to start - both with dead characters so I can write up the whole thing.

I have another character who has a complicated life story, but I don't think it's fair to type it up for the cantr stories until she's worked up the nerve to tell someone in-game, herself.
hyrle

Postby hyrle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:44 pm

I wrote up the life story of a recently dead character. I'm going to post it but I've got to wait for the 4 day rule and a PD investigation before I'm clear to tell his story in full. Actually, it's been 7 days... so I can reveal his identify: Milo Fabron.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Over the weekend, I will be transferring servers so the site will be experiencing some downtime while things are moved. There will be no solid ETA but it will be completed by Monday. I will post back once it has all been done.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Cdls wrote:Over the weekend, I will be transferring servers so the site will be experiencing some downtime while things are moved. There will be no solid ETA but it will be completed by Monday. I will post back once it has all been done.

Did you really mean to post that here? :P
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Marian

Postby Marian » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:57 am

Bmot wrote:
Cdls wrote:Over the weekend, I will be transferring servers so the site will be experiencing some downtime while things are moved. There will be no solid ETA but it will be completed by Monday. I will post back once it has all been done.

Did you really mean to post that here? :P

I think he means the story site, not the Cantr one.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:41 pm

I posted in another thread how nice it would be to submit random quotes of interest to a sort of anonymous database. What would interest me more however is a place to submit room and object descriptions (like the famous rat cloak) for others to be inspired. I'm finally getting around to curtains, but now I'm stuck on descriptions and it would help a lot if I could see how others described theirs. I always have trouble with furniture as well.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:53 am

*Wiro wrote:I posted in another thread how nice it would be to submit random quotes of interest to a sort of anonymous database. What would interest me more however is a place to submit room and object descriptions (like the famous rat cloak) for others to be inspired. I'm finally getting around to curtains, but now I'm stuck on descriptions and it would help a lot if I could see how others described theirs. I always have trouble with furniture as well.

Just bumping this thread again to remind people the site exists and could really use some new stories. :)

And I wish we could have a place to submit quotes anonymously. Right now we just have the funny quotes thread, which so rarely gets used as it is. But there's so many just plain interesting ones that don't qualify for that.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:12 am

I have been backed up with real life events, but I do plan on creating something for those types of entries.

Also planned is setting up a way to easily export the stories you write.
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:53 pm

Is this still online? My browser gets just error of that site is unavailable
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Yeah this is happening for me too. Is the site just gone? :/
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Hello everyone,

Yes the site is down for now. Long story short - I hired someone to handle server side stuff while I took care of some personal problems. They took some additional liberties with the access they were given and used the server for their own projects. Right now I am in communications with the company I hired from as well as the server host to get things back up and running as they were. There is no ETA on this and I will post back once I get more information on how this will be resolved.
iavatus

Postby iavatus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:48 am

Damn, sorry to hear about that. It's a great little resource, lots of fun reading others stories. Hope it's resolved as best it can be.
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:21 am

Any luck talking to the company? I really wish this were up right now. 'No ETA' is not encouraging though...
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:00 pm

Luck is the furthest thing I am having with this situation.

Getting the site back up isn't the problem, I would just need to upload the code to a server. The hurdle I am facing is getting the old data restored. As it is, if I relaunched it right now, it would be starting from a blank slate.

Return to “General Discussion”