What is with all this crime?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Lone Wolf

What is with all this crime?

Postby Lone Wolf » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:16 am

No matter what town my characters spawn in or travel to, there is or has been some crime. There have been wars, and blood shed. Can't we all just get along. Um...wait a minute....That would make the game boring, now wouldn't it? Or am I alone on this one?
Some are friends of the Wolf.....others are Dinner
Drew Zinkan

Postby Drew Zinkan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:34 am

Answer these questions about real life and you'll answer your own question...

Can real people get along?

Are there murders all over the place in real life?

Are there fights all over the place in real life?

Are there arguments all over the place in real life?
Gunny1723

Postby Gunny1723 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:35 am

well Blaman Mountains (south) has a spawn point and theres been no crime there YET
Sho

Postby Sho » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:41 am

In any case, I'm not sure whether a hypothetical agreement to "get along" on Cantr wouldn't be sort of against the intent of the Capital Rule. Ideally, our characters should base their judgements solely on their perspective, and not what their players think OOC, though granted, this is not always feasible.
Drew Zinkan

Postby Drew Zinkan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:48 am

Sho wrote:In any case, I'm not sure whether a hypothetical agreement to "get along" on Cantr wouldn't be sort of against the intent of the Capital Rule. Ideally, our characters should base their judgements solely on their perspective, and not what their players think OOC, though granted, this is not always feasible.

well if the game is simulating real life, and if people in real life don't get along, then that shows that there will be diversity in the game and that people will not always get along in the game.. it's a fact of business and can't be stopped..
Sho

Postby Sho » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:03 am

Right. I agree. It's just that I don't think anything we say here should affect the personalities of in-game characters.
David

Postby David » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:10 am

No... no... I mean yes, I can see crime, but basing it on mimicing reality isn't correct. This is supposed to be a society sim, with certain "laws of the physics of social interaction inegrated) but not just play-acted in because it happens to be a certain way in reality. Many aspects of real life may appear, but you don't just say, well this how it is in RL so we have to make it so in Cantr... (except with respect to the actual neccesities of interaction) I mean the potential for crime and violence is there, but you really have to base it on your characters, not just making it so because it happens to be that way IRL.

Of course this is the ideal, I mean who are you going to base your characters on? RL to some degree obviously.

It really is more than just a question of semantics, I promise. :wink:
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:41 pm

I am wondering why we have two practically similar topics by practically the same person on practically the first page.

Anyways; this as explained, is just another figment that makes Cantr similar to IRL. 8)
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:11 am

...people in RL don't always get along, so I see no need to try and go against that rule of nature in Cantr...
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson

Return to “General Discussion”