(things to watch out for)

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Wed May 24, 2006 12:15 pm

I'll do it, I jsut found the program I used to use:

NJ Star Communicator.

Works excellently. It has Korean and Japanese enter methods alongside for free!

www.njstar.com for those interested.

I'll write the guide up some time soon.

Otherwise, in reply to the suggestion about XP settings... My version of XP is downloaded... Shh! :twisted:
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Fri May 26, 2006 2:01 am

Because I learned Chinese the traditional way, we have the so call 'pingying' using the chinese alphabet. I actually found input method on the web that allows people like me to use the Chinese alphabet to type the simplified characters.... I think that will be a big help for people like me... :)

Also, I found that on the browser, if you set the encoding to western language when you type Chinese, generally others will be able to view what you type with out problem.... does anyone has similar finding with this?

John
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:24 am

wichita wrote:Windows XP has chinese input mode for the keyboard ready to be enabled.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options

You can set input modes under the Languages tab by clicking on the Details button. Dig around and you should be able to find the Chinese Microsoft PinYin IME. That is what I have been using, and it seems to work most everywhere except for the people who don't have UTF-8 enabled in the IRC.

For other operating systems, I am not sure yet. Maybe we should write up a tutorial to post here in the forum for newcomers with the same problem. :)

我不知道用你的个方法, 同电脑好难用 especially xps.

但是我用
http://www.minmm.com/minc/webime/py.html
但是, 拼音好难读! 我说广东话 (不用拼音)
我的妈妈 用"双桥" (twinbridge)
Also Its really hard to write and read in simplify.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:52 am

Lychee,

feel free to use the traditional characters if that's easier for you...

另外, 這也是個好機會來學簡體字.... :o

this might be a good place to find how to input 中文...

http://www.cccl.com.hk/ccclnew/cccllee/fczw.html#FC-7

我好像是從這裡找到如何以繁體的注音來輸入簡體字....
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:27 am

johntsai wrote:Lychee,

feel free to use the traditional characters if that's easier for you...

另外, 這也是個好機會來學簡體字.... :o

this might be a good place to find how to input 中文...

http://www.cccl.com.hk/ccclnew/cccllee/fczw.html#FC-7

我好像是從這裡找到如何以繁體的注音來輸入簡體字....

Thanks John!
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:59 pm

I am still seeing text like this from one character in my town. Any advice on how to fix my computer to display it properly?

`ÕâÊÇʲôµØ·½ÄØ£¿`
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:06 pm

wichita wrote:I am still seeing text like this from one character in my town. Any advice on how to fix my computer to display it properly?

`ÕâÊÇʲôµØ·½ÄØ£¿`

Wichita, to fix that, I think set your encoding on your browser to 'simplified Chinese' then it should display properly.

however, if everyone who is in Chinese region can check their browser encoding, and set it to 'western' or 'western european', and still type in Chinese (which I am able to), then anyone who is playing in the Chinese region will be able to read what you are typing.

John
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:58 am

I'm using western (ISO-8859-1)
and I'm able to type chinese characters.

but I was using simplified this morning, finally got a charrie slot and able to play now in the zhong wen region! well the thing was, I wasn't able to see certain characters, so when I changed to simplified encoding i was able to see them, but it was only 2 or 3 characters, I'll use western in the future though, just to make things easier for everyone.

wichita wrote:I am still seeing text like this from one character in my town. Any advice on how to fix my computer to display it properly?

`ÕâÊÇʲôµØ·½ÄØ£¿`

i'm able to read in western or simplified encoding, oh and that's not me by the way :)
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:25 am

I believe if using 'western' encoding to type Chinese, anyone else will be able to read it.... at least that's what I have found so far...

welcome to the region, Torkess...I know you've been waiting to get in :o
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:58 pm

Thanks john,
well my charrie died of starvation in a jail cell, they gave me 2 days worth of food! whats the point if they were going to starve me anyways >.< , well yes I was very excited when I got my charrie slot, but it's so quiet, which is good, as I slowly read through the laws :)

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”