D&D / Pathfinder Summer Game?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Undine

D&D / Pathfinder Summer Game?

Postby Undine » Sun May 22, 2016 12:14 am

Hello, everyone! This summer is an especially quiet one for me, and I'm craving a game of D&D. I was wondering, would anyone be interested in starting a weekly campaign? It would be during the weekends, and probably either Friday or Saturday nights. We would be using the Roll20 virtual tabletop. Anyone interested? :)

I'm using Eastern Standard Time. Even if we're on opposite ends of the world, though, the times still might work!
returner

Re: D&D / Pathfinder Summer Game?

Postby returner » Sun May 22, 2016 1:00 am

Yeah, sure! I'll give it a try. Need timezone to line up though...
This account is no longer active - please send any PMs to my new one.
FiziKx

Postby FiziKx » Sun May 22, 2016 1:01 am

Sure.
http://arcanot.myminicity.com/
http://fizikx.mybrute.com

Undine

Postby Undine » Sun May 22, 2016 1:03 am

Awesome! :D I guess I'll mention the timezone in the first post...
returner

Postby returner » Sun May 22, 2016 1:13 am

It may be possible but it's hard to tell with the time converters... Basically your 7pm Friday would be my 9am Saturday. Hm!!
Undine

Postby Undine » Sun May 22, 2016 1:16 am

returner wrote:It may be possible but it's hard to tell with the time converters... Basically your 7pm Friday would be my 9am Saturday. Hm!!

Do you think playing early on a Saturday would be inconvenient? We can also move it up to five hours later depending on how late everyone wants to stay up. And alternatively, we could start earlier in the morning if that's more convenient. Once more people are interested I can make a doodle poll on potential times!
returner

Postby returner » Sun May 22, 2016 1:48 am

As it stands, that time is probably fine with me!
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Wed May 25, 2016 10:25 am

I have no idea how to play but I'd love to learn. If you guys like noobs, that is.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed May 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Rebma wrote:I have no idea how to play but I'd love to learn. If you guys like noobs, that is.

Noobs are perfect! A few of the others playing are also beginners, so that's fine :) Right now we're thinking about 9:00 EST on friday nights, does that sound good to you?
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Wed May 25, 2016 8:33 pm

I'll have to check my work schedule for next month when I come in tonight, if it's up, but this past month I only worked one Friday night, so preemptively, sounds good.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Wed May 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Woo hoo! This is exciting.

One heads up is that you will want to be able to commit to the game. It's not impossible to play without a player one week, but if it happens often it becomes really difficult because we will all have experience and loot, and will have RP experience as well - so you'd be jumping into the next match awkwardly "hi guys sorry I fell asleep in the tunnel back there! What's going on? Oh you just killed the Mage King?".

Once you play the first match you'll understand :)

This isn't directed at you Rebma, it was a general comment I was wanting to make.
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed May 25, 2016 11:10 pm

MattWithoos wrote:One heads up is that you will want to be able to commit to the game. It's not impossible to play without a player one week, but if it happens often it becomes really difficult because we will all have experience and loot, and will have RP experience as well - so you'd be jumping into the next match awkwardly "hi guys sorry I fell asleep in the tunnel back there! What's going on? Oh you just killed the Mage King?".

Yeah I probably should have mentioned this as well LOL For the games that I've played, the typical amount of time we spend per session is usually 3 to 4 hours. There are groups that even spend a whole day or weekend playing.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Wed May 25, 2016 11:22 pm

It's called the cone of silence. It's possible to manage, but you'll basically just be a NPC who sometimes talks.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”