Reap the Stars - single player Cantr-like text game [WIP]

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Reap the Stars - single player Cantr-like text game [WIP]

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Little text game my cousin and I have been working on, in nowhere near a playable state yet but just thought you guys might find a screenshot amusing:

The general idea behind it started out as sort of 'text based Dwarf Fortress' then it morphed into a sci-fi colonization thing. It was only when we were adding in the smelting process that I realized 'holy crap, this is basically single player Cantr'. :shock:

When it's done you should be able to play dress up with your newspawns, assign them to any job you like, they never run off or fall asleep and the only payment they require is food. :D

Oh and you can build a spaceship too.
computaertist

Re: Reap the Stars - single player Cantr-like text game [WIP

Postby computaertist » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:40 pm

Do you need a tester? :D
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:33 am

I'm sure I will post the beta here eventually, but this things only been in the works since Thanksgiving so give us time. :D

TBH the mining droids in that screen were cheated in, they're end game content...basically portable, super efficient automatic harvesters...and all the infrastructure needed to produce them hasn't been set up yet.

The original idea was too include rival factions too but that mind wind up being more complicated than expected. Right now there are just a handful of 'native' villages, the descendents of the people who originally terraformed the planet gone primitive that you can recruit workers from to build new towns and factories and work on projects you set up. Or you can occasionally find a genetically enhanced clone...a man in his twenties with no memory of his past :lol:...who works twice as effectively in one of the drop pods scattered across the planet.
llcoolj11
Game Mechanics/Programming Dept. (Asp)

Postby llcoolj11 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:14 am

So how's it coming along?

Return to “Non-Forum Games”