Facebook games

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Facebook games

Postby SekoETC » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 pm

The games I've played on FB so far are Farmville 2, Chefville, Coasterville, Bubble Witch Saga, Candy Crush Saga and Bubble Safari. Currently I only play Candy Crush Saga and even that only occasionally.

Does anyone know a game that would be like Farmville2 but wouldn't force you to spend real money or ask friends for stuff? Those two are what drove me away from the game. And also constantly having to build stuff with limited space that forces you to store existing stuff because there's simply not enough space. I understand that game developers have to make money somehow, but it annoys me how every FB game requires bugging your friends or adding strangers. At least there are some games where you only need three active friends to unlock new areas, like Bubble Witch Saga and Candy Crush saga. I played all the regular levels in Bubble Witch Saga but didn't mess with the shadow world because I found the shadow element annoying. Also on the eternal isles, there's some level that's a total roadblock because it's completely up to luck if you're going to get enough points or not, and it requires running expensive boosters.

I used to play Bubble Safari but it got so weird that it was too challenging to pass levels, and suddenly it started requiring that you get three stars on certain levels in order to unlock the next set of levels. The vines were totally annoying because if you get stuck, you have to get a fireball to burn the vines and then they will just grow right back.

I also initially liked the concept in Chefville, but the fact that they have to release a new stove with new recipes that's usually related to a set of time limited quests just burned me out. Sometimes I've been thinking what I'd do differently if I was to design a game about running a restaurant. One thing is that it's not enough to have just one waitress, you need a whole bunch of different staff, at least once the business grows. No one ever takes into account that someone has to do the dishes too.
Not-so-sad panda
Rugila

Re: Facebook games

Postby Rugila » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:02 pm

SekoETC wrote:The games I've played on FB so far are Farmville 2, Chefville, Coasterville, Bubble Witch Saga, Candy Crush Saga and Bubble Safari. Currently I only play Candy Crush Saga and even that only occasionally.

Does anyone know a game that would be like Farmville2 but wouldn't force you to spend real money or ask friends for stuff? Those two are what drove me away from the game. And also constantly having to build stuff with limited space that forces you to store existing stuff because there's simply not enough space. I understand that game developers have to make money somehow, but it annoys me how every FB game requires bugging your friends or adding strangers. At least there are some games where you only need three active friends to unlock new areas, like Bubble Witch Saga and Candy Crush saga. I played all the regular levels in Bubble Witch Saga but didn't mess with the shadow world because I found the shadow element annoying. Also on the eternal isles, there's some level that's a total roadblock because it's completely up to luck if you're going to get enough points or not, and it requires running expensive boosters.

I used to play Bubble Safari but it got so weird that it was too challenging to pass levels, and suddenly it started requiring that you get three stars on certain levels in order to unlock the next set of levels. The vines were totally annoying because if you get stuck, you have to get a fireball to burn the vines and then they will just grow right back.

I also initially liked the concept in Chefville, but the fact that they have to release a new stove with new recipes that's usually related to a set of time limited quests just burned me out. Sometimes I've been thinking what I'd do differently if I was to design a game about running a restaurant. One thing is that it's not enough to have just one waitress, you need a whole bunch of different staff, at least once the business grows. No one ever takes into account that someone has to do the dishes too.

Anno online.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”