Dawn 2055

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

hyrle

Dawn 2055

Postby hyrle » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 am

Along with Cantr, I tend to play a variety of games, but I typically don't like to discuss other games unless they're fairly similar. One of the other games I am currently playing is a PBBG called Dawn 2055. It's a post-apocalyptic RPG set in California and Nevada, with a game map based on the physical topography of those US states. Players start essentially as a survivor of a nuclear apocalypse that still irradiates parts of the land. Like Cantr, it features open-PVP, city-building, and an extensive crafting system. It does have more graphics than Cantr, but still has quite a text focus. The community is significantly smaller than Cantr's, but seems to be pretty decent. If you want to check it out, the URL is http://www.dawn2055.com/ - and give it a shot. It's free with some upgrade options, but nothing that's game-breaking, so it's definitely not pay-2-win. I've also posted about Cantr 2 there to make it fair. :)
Failproofmidget

Re: Dawn 2055

Postby Failproofmidget » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi hyrle
When you dont know whats under the bed....look.
hyrle

Postby hyrle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 pm

How's it going, FPM? Good to see you decided to come check out Cantr. For everyone else's benefit: FPM also plays Dawn 2055 with me, and is one of their players who I invited here.
jesperyang

Postby jesperyang » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm

I played that game along with cantr back then.

It was really fun. And the in game history is really interesting.
Something like a gang call vault101 messing everything up and being everywhere. :lol:
The community is friendly.. Well most are.

Just... don't run into any wasteland's raiders, or some project ghost something and... project omega...

(Personally ran into and killed by project omega like... 8 times? like in 3 days..)
hyrle wrote:Some days it feels like not enough characters, and some days it feels like too many. I'm such a Cantrholic.

Imagine one day there would be.. hemp loin clothes, bras, and socks. Only the true hardcore would wear them and feel "comfortable".
hyrle

Postby hyrle » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:22 pm

I so hate those things! :D In any case, I'm not familiar with a vault101 gang anymore... the big gangs now are Elite Defense Force, Phoenix Coalition and The Cartel. Their game seems to be in decline, though, with a far smaller community than Cantr at this point. In any case, since both games are web-based, crafting-centric and kinda fun to me, I figured I'd share. I will admit I'm far more addicted to Cantr, though.
jesperyang

Postby jesperyang » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:04 am

Phoenix Coalition and EDF have always been powerhouse. The Cartel is a reformation of a gang called "Regulators", if I'm not mistaken. It was reform like quite a number of times. I'd say both games are great. The only difference is that dawn2055 have more action.

I remember I walked all the way down south from new hope to a town at the most southern edge of the global map when I was only level 15 and had crappy gears. All just cause I was heading there to help build a town for a gang called "Legion of Tech"

painful, full of death, kills, and misery... but worth it.
hyrle wrote:Some days it feels like not enough characters, and some days it feels like too many. I'm such a Cantrholic.

Imagine one day there would be.. hemp loin clothes, bras, and socks. Only the true hardcore would wear them and feel "comfortable".
jesperyang

Postby jesperyang » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 am

So i made a new account, as the old one seems to have been automatically delete due to being inactive. What a waste.

So I started playing it again. And I guess this time round I'll role play a little :D
Just finish writing up my bio.

jesperyang

Postby jesperyang » Sat May 31, 2014 8:43 am

Bumping this.

this would be a nice time to try dawn2055 out. As things are heating up. (soon)
Some of the gangs are planning things and some others are already doing things to take over the wastelands. I see a war coming :D

jesperyang

Postby jesperyang » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:09 am

hyrle are you still on this game? :|

hyrle

Postby hyrle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:35 pm

No - I admit, I quit it a while back. Just wasn't holding my interest.
jesperyang

Postby jesperyang » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:19 pm

was going to coax you in going back the game, and the Cartel :lol:
but nvm.... the new owner of the game doesn't seems like it's paying much attention to it.

they didn't renew or forgot to renew the domain, and the domain name expired right when we are going on a mass strike against the other gang. some great gamebreaker xD

vamking12

Postby vamking12 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:37 pm

DAWN IS DYING PLEASE SAVE IT

Return to “Non-Forum Games”