BattleMaster is a light- weight game that can be played alongside your other activities. Although you can delve deeply into it and spend more time on it, about 15 minutes per day are enough for regular play, and 5 will do if you are in a hurry.
BattleMaster is also a game under active development. New features are being added and gameplay and balance are constantly tweaked to improve the game further. You can talk directly to the developers at the forum.
The game is played entirely through your browser, and many events happen turn-based. There are two turns every day, one called sunrise and one called sunset. Travel, battles, tax collection, elections and many other things happen at the turns. The time inbetween is for giving orders and doing many smaller actions, such as training or recruiting more soldiers. There is an intense and important political aspect to the game. Inside a realm, players struggle for power and promotion, such as becoming one of the few dukes of the realm. Realms, in turn, fight wars and build alliances, in an effort to survive and grow.
Some key points that make BattleMaster different from most other games, both browser-based and not:
- you are a member of a team from the start, and don't have to start out on your own
- no boring grind
- interaction with other players is a core element of the game, not an add-on.
- playable on many levels, from order- following noble to the global politics playing king.
- we dislike cheaters and abusers, and players and GameMasters cooperate on removing them.
- no advertisement, and no game elements that exist only so you have to check back often.