Aeryth Online: A Virtual World

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

araviette

Aeryth Online: A Virtual World

Postby araviette » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 am

Hello, everyone~

I’d like to present you guys with a new game my friends and i are trying to create. I’m a previous FTO player, and a dissatisfied one at that. So, what is the solution you come to when you can’t seem to find satisfaction with a game that’s one of its kind? Why, attempt to create a new one, of course.

It’s my pleasure to let you guys in on our new project. We want to create a game that’s for the players. We want your input. We yearn to know what you desire in a text-based game based of a virtual world. We want to implement game mechanics that make the community happy. And we want your suggestions.

I know, we’re a bit in over our heads for a bunch of young adults sitting in a basement. :P

In the words of our concept designer:

Welcome to your new reality. I hope you like it here- after all, it’s a world of your own creation. Feel free to make it into everything you have ever desired and more. That is, after all, the point of this, to create and destroy, change and manipulate, grow- I want to take two steps forward and five steps back with you as we discover other races and learn new languages. We’ll climb mountains, blaze trails, and bend the elements to our will. We’ll laugh, fight and cry our way through bloody tragedies and grand achievements. We will, above all, live.

Aeryth Online is being created in order to meet the human psyche’s need to create and live outside of one’s self. It starts with the beginning of the world, with each race having its own ‘Adam’ and ‘Eve,’ so to speak. Each race is formed by and in the image of their very own patron god or goddess, bored supernatural beings who came together to make a new world and watch as it fills itself with strife, chaos, and fantastic feats of heroism.

We invite you to be born as one of the firsts and populate this world as you learn how to survive and thrive in various environments and climates. Become a legend, and remember...

Enjoy Your Journey,
Rissa

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. If you find us interesting (and we hope you do) swing by and join our brainstorming efforts. Our forum at the moment is aerythonline.createaforum.com.

Love,
Elly
Bleacher

Re: Aeryth Online: A Virtual World

Postby Bleacher » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 am

Wow.. You guys here too! :D This is Cren from BattleMaster.
The Storm is coming!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 am

How does it differ from FTO?
Not-so-sad panda
Bleacher

Postby Bleacher » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 am

Well.. We are working to change the queue system, instead people would be in limbo and can interact a bit with the world before getting born. . . Original races and creatures, more RP possibilities, the list will go on.
The Storm is coming!
araviette

Postby araviette » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:39 am

Hello, Cren~

That's a very good question, Seko-- I'm glad that you asked.

To be completely honest, it will have a lot of familiar aspects. On the other hand, we're very open to suggestions. We're at the stage where we're taking ideas on how the gameplay itself will work. Being more focused on the players themselves is one of our main goals. We're brainstorming ways to shorten the length of any "Queue" that we might have to a few hours, or to throw it out entirely. The concept designer is a very impatient person, and would rather not wait months to play her own game. :P

We'd like to create a more realistic world entirely; a world that actually immerses its players. We believe that there should never be a dull moment. We want the story aspects of the game to be its heart. We want the sky to be the limit-- there should be absolutely nothing that is out of the player's grasp. And, we'd also like to create a constantly evolving game. We won't make the mistake of taking our player's for granted.

We know that you guys have awesome ideas-- and we'd be honored if you'd use our game as an outlet for those.

I'm not sure if that answers the question as completely as I'd like. Is there any specific game mechanic that you're concerned about?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:55 pm

If you had separate queues for each race, people could spawn faster into least popular races while more popular races would have a longer waiting list. You could also have shorter pregnancy times for "ugly races" like orcs and longer ones for ones like elves. Unfortunately there are many players who are biased about playing characters who don't meet human beauty standards and might leave a character off to die if it was born too ugly.
Not-so-sad panda
araviette

Postby araviette » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 pm

That's true, we could. But, I always liked the realism of being born into a race at random. That was part of FTO's charm, at least in my opinion. We were thinking of perhaps incorporating a reincarnation system, where in the after-life the players a put in to a sort of soul pool (or an area where they could commune with one another, and the Gods). We also thought of including a sort of tutorial 'limbo' world for player's to get the gist of the game before actually being given a character. That way, it would insure that while people are waiting in line, they are also learning game rules and the like.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 pm

A hangout for souls is a good idea.

One race you could have is ocelot people. A lot of games have cat people so that's nothing new, but ocelot people would have more awesome patterns.
Not-so-sad panda
araviette

Postby araviette » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I've thought a bit about instead of having a race set to one particular species of animal, having a race that is born humanoid but at a certain age develops the traits of a beast in a sort of 'coming of age' ceremony. The designated beast would be random, or even gifted by the Gods based on the characters personality. That way, you could have more diversity within the same race. Of course, this is just an idea at the moment. But it's something I'd really like to try and implement.
Andu

Postby Andu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 am

That way, you could have more diversity within the same race.
Or you could create races with unique stages of life, like insect-inspired Pupa/Metamorphosis before adulthood, old age ending with growing root and becoming plants, possibility for virgin birth for some (with weaker spanglings as tradeoff)...
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
araviette

Postby araviette » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Wow, that's a really neat idea~
Failproofmidget

Postby Failproofmidget » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 am

Is this game ready yet?
When you dont know whats under the bed....look.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”