Humble Bundle Games

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

dingo13and7

Humble Bundle Games

Postby dingo13and7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the Humble Bundle program before, so here's a brief synopsis: Humble Bundle, Inc. is a company that puts out game bundles for Windows where buyers choose to donate any amount of money to recieve the games in the bundle. That money is then divided between the Child's Play Charity (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/), the Red Cross, and sometimes other charities, with a small percentage going towards both HB Inc and whatever company contributed games. This is a great thing in that we as consumers can get awesome video games for cheap prices, and then money is going towards not one but several good causes.

Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning this is that Humble Bundle has put out a new bundle with some awesome games, including:
-Company of Heroes and its expansions
-Darksiders
-Metro 2033
-Red Faction: Armaggedon
-and a bonus buy Saint's Row: The Third (to get this you have to spend more than the average amount, which for this bundle is currently about $5.35 USD).

Here's a link: http://www.humblebundle.com/

Enjoy! :D

-Dingo
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
Then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
-Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
Ice-Man

Re: Humble Bundle Games

Postby Ice-Man » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah, I've been supporting this for quite some time. But it has been a problem for some time, when people were buying the bundles for 0.01$ and selling them for much more. That's why HIB decided to set minimum for 1$, which is still low
ImageImage
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah, I was really glad when they set that limit, though I agree. I think the minimum should be a bit higher, maybe three or something. *Shrugs* Meh, I also go over whatever the average is anyway.
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
Then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
-Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:17 pm

If you have bought them and been out of the loop, check your code page.

More games were added.

It was cool. Metro is free on thq's facebook page as well.
kaloryfer

Postby kaloryfer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

it should be set to at least 10 dollars, that's supporting charity, damn...
makes me wonder what kind of world do we live in, if people don't want to shell 10 dollars for poor children :( :( :(

and anyone who bought for less should rethink their behaviour
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 pm

kaloryfer wrote:it should be set to at least 10 dollars, that's supporting charity, damn...
makes me wonder what kind of world do we live in, if people don't want to shell 10 dollars for poor children :( :( :(

and anyone who bought for less should rethink their behaviour

to be honest I was given my keys by my cousin who paid for the saint's row as a christmas present, and I'm unable to pay myself (As in, I don't have a credit or debit card) but yeah.

Shame about thq though.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”