Marosia

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Hommer

Re: Marosia

Postby Hommer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:49 pm

Yeah so it dosent work for me
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 pm

The game isn't currently out if you were trying to register.

If that's not what you're talking about, a little more detail would be appreciated.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:17 pm

I sent a more detailed msg threw the fb page
(\__/)

Hommer

Postby Hommer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:24 pm

When will it be back up again?
(\__/)

LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:33 am

It was never up in the first place. It's still being developed.
rd1988
Location: Piękne miasto smogu, korków, dziurawych ulic i kiboli.

Postby rd1988 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:41 am

Where's my beta? ;)
:twisted:
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:06 am

Coming! :D
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 am

The latest.

I've also decided to change up the process of starting a child character.
You will not be born as a newborn. Once a mate request is accepted, the character next in that line will 'spawn' as five year old child.
That way we can skip a lot of the boring parts of childhood, and get to the part that's more exciting to play while still being a vulnerable and impressionable. You'll be able to learn skills, and talk right away. Family ties will still exist and parent stats will still have an impact on the stats of the children.

I'm also debating letting parents choose how many children they want to spawn, up to a limit.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:28 pm

I had a recent question about magic that prompted me to share the answer.

1. The magical character will know whether they have magic or not immediately.
2. Other characters will not be able to identify a magical character by looking at them.
3. Children will be able to use their magic right away.

The list of magic so far goes something like this:
Keep in mind it is somewhat tentative and the details about how some will work have not been completely worked out, but this is what is planned.

-Telepathy. Characters with this magic can initiate an unseen unheard discussion that the recipient can reply to.
-Invisibility. Basically this takes them off the list of visible people in the area when activated, but if they interact with objects those events will still fire (i.e, you can still see a door open even though you don't see the person walking through it).
-Teleportation. This one may have a cooldown for a year or so, I haven't decided yet, but they can instantly go to another location.
-Phasing. This allows a character to pass through objects in an ethereal form, which includes locked doors. May possibly have a use in combat.
-Enchanting. The ability to imbue magical properties into an object (depending on the type). This has a connection to the lore of how Artifacts were create in the Old World (the time of civilization before the one Marosia is placed in).
-Healing. Can heal wounds, and may be able to place buffs on other characters for increased production on projects as well as defense in combat.
-Shape Shifting. Can appear as an animal with increased strength for the purpose of combat, or increased speed/dexterity for travel. They won't be able to use weapons when this is activated for combat, though.
-Medium. They have a two way connection with the gods where they are able to directly speak and be spoken to with whichever god they choose, though you can imagine it is potentially dangerous, and they may not always get the answers they are looking for. They also have precognition which allows them to receive visions. Always, they will get a cryptic vision of the future before an Arc begins (a planned major plot in the game), but they can also receive them for smaller more local events in their area. It may be an oncoming disease, a natural disaster, or even just a subtle indication a visitor may be coming.

Additionally I have finished some new updates, and am now working on the main game window (seen through your current character). I have been writing up drafts of the UI, but I am thinking about sending out a form on here to get some feedback on what the best way is for design (for desktop, currently - mobile will have to have its own design because there's so much content).

Character creation is functional and working. Though the other side of born characters still has to be done, (mating requests and ticks), the set up is finished.

MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Would it be possible for a form of stasis that lasts...
Until: the child char is logged into?

The child would not be on-location or detectable in any way, and they would not be subject to age/hunger ticks until the first time the player logs in after they were born from the que.

That way, parents aren't staring at an inanimate still-spawn when the child's player might be on vacation or something. The parents wouldn't even know the child had been "born" until the child is active. It would also ensure a player doesn't log in to see that their child char has aged before they had a chance to make those first critical interactions with family.

Meanwhile, the birthing que would not be held up. The que thinks the child was properly delivered, wipes its hands clean of the ordeal, and moves on to the next in the que for the next couple.

I guess that would mean it is possible that one couple mating a little before the neighboring couple mated might worry the gods don't favor them since the neighbors got their child first. But I guess that could just be some mystery to them.

Oh, I guess there could be something like "in labor" if it was desired for the process to be visible. It would let the parents know that the next-in-line birth has already been matched to them and that (hopefully) they'll be interacting with their new child very soon. OOCly, it would help the parents be ready to interact, hopefully reducing situations where a child is born and ignored.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Would it be possible for a form of stasis that lasts...
Until: the child char is logged into?

The child would not be on-location or detectable in any way, and they would not be subject to age/hunger ticks until the first time the player logs in after they were born from the que.

That way, parents aren't staring at an inanimate still-spawn when the child's player might be on vacation or something. The parents wouldn't even know the child had been "born" until the child is active. It would also ensure a player doesn't log in to see that their child char has aged before they had a chance to make those first critical interactions with family.

Meanwhile, the birthing que would not be held up. The que thinks the child was properly delivered, wipes its hands clean of the ordeal, and moves on to the next in the que for the next couple.

I guess that would mean it is possible that one couple mating a little before the neighboring couple mated might worry the gods don't favor them since the neighbors got their child first. But I guess that could just be some mystery to them.

Yes, this is entirely possible, and a wonderful idea, Monkey. Thank you so much for that suggestion. It solves a lot of annoying issues without too much hassle dealing with the line. I will definitely implement this.

Oh, I guess there could be something like "in labor" if it was desired for the process to be visible. It would let the parents know that the next-in-line birth has already been matched to them and that (hopefully) they'll be interacting with their new child very soon. OOCly, it would help the parents be ready to interact, hopefully reducing situations where a child is born and ignored.

Actually, I was going to have this process be immediate. There won't be any waiting mothers unless there are literally not any children in line to be born - in that case it just won't happen, and it'll be a failed attempt at having children. When a mate accepts the request from the other, the one who initiated the request will then have the ability to select the number of children, and will name them all right there. Once they've finished, it will run through to grab and assign those children right away, having them spawn instantly into the world.

Of course, with that new stasis you've suggested you may not always get the number you were hoping for (this will be limited by the way) if the child doesn't 'activate' ever. So, parents will need to prepare beforehand, and at least one will be online by design, guaranteed, when the children are spawned. So that should automatically help with children getting ignored.

And there will be a cool down for spawning kids, of course, so people can't go bonkers with it (it wouldn't be a very good idea anyway, taking care of kids is hard work!).
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:21 pm

What about an event (perhaps an event shown only to those who are Mediums), that is triggered in any case where there is 1) a child in the birthing que AND 2) there are no currently mated parents?
The medium could RP something like, "I feel the gods/nature/winds/whatever will favor new life at this time." This would be a way to know ICly that it's a great time to get a bun in the oven, and especially hint to parents that the divine favor might imply a multiple birth. OOCly, this might be attractive because the players of parents know they have a better chance of getting a wakeful child since someone just chose to create a child char.

Edit: Plus, it could add one more usage for the medium trait

Edit 2: An auto event could work the opposite way, too. The mediums get divine knowledge that there is an emptiness in nature's womb, or whatever. It becomes a legitimate in-game way for people to know that there are people wanting kids but no child spirits available.

Que balancing mechanisms that can be RPed rather than based only on OOC knowledge.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:42 am

It would probably have to be a system event as I don't think it's a feature that would be reliable if based on a rare magic type, and since it's so helpful it should probably be known to everyone when it happens.

I think it's a good idea, it would just have to be implemented in a way that makes sense. Something in character, but not cryptic either.
I like it, I'll just need some time to think about how it should be done.

The first type of thing that comes to mind is horoscopes for some reason, which makes me think of stars?
Maybe a daily tick could post an even that depicts placement of stars, and depending on how they are placed indicates how blessed potential parents will be, something like that. That's a little too cryptic as well, but something that gives a daily forecast of some sort is an option.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I honestly prefer the idea that Mediums take that role, but if Mediums are rare or even sleepy, the feature won't do many people much good.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Are you having beta testers test tjis game if so i am really interested in this game
(\__/)

LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:48 am

Yes, I will have a beta testing period when the game is in a fully functioning condition.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”