Marosia

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

LittleSoul

Re: Marosia

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:55 am

Just an update. I have finished the design of the new UI which has a single page layout. Buttons make up the people and actions sections which pull up modals for zero page reloads on the user end. Everything is at your fingertips, and it's also mobile friendly.

Now it's a matter of hooking everything up.
pulkownikarnold

Postby pulkownikarnold » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am

LittleSoul wrote:Just an update. I have finished the design of the new UI which has a single page layout. Buttons make up the people and actions sections which pull up modals for zero page reloads on the user end. Everything is at your fingertips, and it's also mobile friendly.
[/img]

Now it's a matter of hooking everything up.

So AJAX?
You should use js framework for single page apps, like ReactJs.

Margins are terrible.

LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Thank you for pointing out the margins, I'll fix that up later today.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:45 pm

The character information window lets you see your character's stats and skills. Each skill has a base stat, both of which are used in their relevant projects to determine how much a person contributes to it per hour. You can also change your avatar picture and your description here.

To begin a gathering project select the amount you wish to receive upon completion, and the lump sum of pay that will be distributed to participants who help you gather the resource. Zero is an acceptable number if you are only gathering for yourself or with friends. Pay is distributed automatically per hour based on the amount each person contributes. The amount a person contributes to the completion of a project is based on their skill. In other words, the higher your skill, the higher the percentage of the sum you are paid. The area information window also has a description of the area based on its natural features.

MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Regarding avatars...I'm assuming they aren't required to be the player's original creation, since not everyone knows how to do that. However, if they can be simply pulled from the web, then it is likely they will include anachronisms or other features that disrupt the sense of immersion in Marosia's environment.

I'm not concerned with copyrighting issues, as usage in Marosia would seem to fit tidily into fair usage territory. Just immersion issues.

Or will players be expected to choose between having no avatar and using their own creations only?

Edit: Naturally, a quick web search suggests that avatar creation should be fairly easy even for those with no design skills. So, I guess "no avatar" wouldn't have to be a choice.
rd1988
Location: Piękne miasto smogu, korków, dziurawych ulic i kiboli.

Postby rd1988 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:34 pm

I'm not concerned with copyrighting issues, as usage in Marosia would seem to fit tidily into fair usage territory.

Depends

Naturally, a quick web search suggests that avatar creation should be fairly easy even for those with no design skills

How so? by using avatar makers? they would be immersion breaking
Avatars are unnecessary in this type of game.
:twisted:
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:40 pm

On LittleSoul's last post, it shows an image of the character. That's what I'm refering to. Unless that is only visible to the player of that char.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:00 am

MonkeyPants4736 wrote:Regarding avatars...I'm assuming they aren't required to be the player's original creation, since not everyone knows how to do that. However, if they can be simply pulled from the web, then it is likely they will include anachronisms or other features that disrupt the sense of immersion in Marosia's environment.

I'm not concerned with copyrighting issues, as usage in Marosia would seem to fit tidily into fair usage territory. Just immersion issues.

Or will players be expected to choose between having no avatar and using their own creations only?

Edit: Naturally, a quick web search suggests that avatar creation should be fairly easy even for those with no design skills. So, I guess "no avatar" wouldn't have to be a choice.

They are not required.

What you are looking at above is the character information screen. It has everything you can change about your own character. There is a different window for viewing a person in the area (even your own character) where you see their description, avatar, what they are wearing, and are able to use various actions on them.

If you have not uploaded an avatar the layout on the person information screen will just fill in the space. It will be like you'd never noticed they could have a picture at all, instead of some empty space.

You can use any image you want. Yours, something from the internet, one of the default race images. If it's on your computer you can upload it. You just have to save it.

Images may not be necessary, but I enjoy them. If that's less immersive for any of you perhaps there can be an option to turn them off in settings. Easy enough.

EDIT:

When you click on a character who is in the same area as you, this information window allows you to set a name for a another character, view their outfit and held containers, see their avatar, and take action upon them.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Just a small update. I've opened the forums up at http://forum.marosia.com/ while I'm implementing the gathering, hunting, and taming systems. There's a debate open on that forum currently that I could definitely use some input from Cantr players on.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:02 am

Just popping in to see how this game doing?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:16 am

And how do I subscribe?
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:04 am

Sadly I suspect the author is on hiatus again. A shame when it looks so close to being opened up.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:08 am

No, I am not. I've been in the middle of moving across the country.

Apologies, I know there have been a lot of hang ups, but things are still moving. I've been making updates, but not all of them are really worthy of a whole message about it on facebook. I'm not sure everyone's interested in if I fixed a few bugs and added magic checks during the character creation process, or set up system messaging functions for more mundane events like when someone drops something on the ground.

I've been trying to keep the updates to the more interesting stuff.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:32 am

I decided to rectify this by posting an update to give everyone an idea of what's been going on lately. For those who don't have facebook, I'm posting it here as well.

Hey, everyone. I've still been working on the game, but it seems like a new update is in order. Here's what I've been working on lately:
The inventory is almost completely finished, meaning almost all actions associated with it are functional and done. That would be using items (eating, healing, equipping), dropping items, and editing items. I also spent more time making the interface for inventory much more aesthetic and practical, which I think you'll be glad about.
In addition to the better layout to the inventory, a future player had a great suggestion to have a tag by items in the inventory which have a custom description so that you can tell right away.
Some new design choices have been made for the ground menu. Since we will have dragging, we will have a checklist system so you can move a bunch of different items at once with way less clicking. This will be put in after the inventory is finished, it isn't done yet.
I've also gone through and fixed some bugs that were hiding in features that were already supposed to be finished like spawning.
I finished events being posted, so it is fully functional to send messages and to read them as your character.
I finished setting names for other characters - when you first meet someone you see them as their age, race, and gender but you can rename them once they introduce themselves. This is done by clicking on their name in messages when they post an event, or you can name them through their people screen.
The only thing left for inventory to be completely finished is to code how you open containers, which I am currently working on.
Here are some shots of some of the things I've spoken of above. Note that the main UI might get some big changes in layout a little later depending on what's practical.
Thanks for the continued support.

I hope that fills in some gaps.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 am

Sneak peek before the Friday update.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”