Marosia

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

LittleSoul

Re: Marosia

Postby LittleSoul » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:10 pm

The family system is techincally optional. You can spawn your first character if you dont want to be born. It's perfect if you don't like the family system.

Don't let FTO ruin any game with a family system for you. Then FTO wins.

You should check out the marosia forums if you really want to read about some details that I can't put here, since there's so much. It'd flood my own topic.

Lumin is a huge reason I wanted to create my own game. He's such a horrible admin to his own game, that I wanted to try to do better. I don't have a job, I'm home all the time, so when Marosia launches this will -be- my job.
I want people to have as much freedom as possible, with -support-, because I actually care about my work. I'm not making this game for me. I'm making it for everyone who wants to play a game that's balanced, has life to it, is never stagnant, and has its creator at its back at all times.

Nathan, trust me I know what you're talking about. There will be no power playing, because I'll swiftly be taking those characters out if that should happen. There is spawning too, so you don't have to deal with families at all if you don't want to.
It's very possible in my game to do all the things you can in cantr, with all the good things you find in FTO.
Hopefully, you can play it soon enough and see for yourself.

I agree Seko. I see it too much in FTO where people just kill children and say some excuse without any explanation, when they really could have roleplayed it out in at least an interesting way if they had put in some effort. They could have done -something-. I know that some people aren't very good at RPing children, but that's what the spawn feature is for. In FTO there are too many people waiting to play a game that they hardly know about, then they are born and just want to explore. Some aren't trolls, they're just new players who've never played a text game before.

I'll be doing my best to keep things like this from happening, and answering all problem reports. This game is like my child, and I want it to succeed, and that means making sure players are having fun instead of worrying about trolls, or power players.

Nathan, when I first played cantr I was very very confused. It took me a day to figure out the controls with some help from other players, just saying.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

in vitro, I don't really know what to say to that lol.
Last edited by LittleSoul on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

Oops, double post.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:33 pm

LittleSoul wrote:Oops, double post.

Actually....triple post :lol:

Sounds like an interesting game, and should I have the time, I will certainly check it out!

EDIT: The constant winking in your signature is quite interestingly odd.
Nathan89

Postby Nathan89 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:41 pm

I am not saying cantr was easy to learn but the controls and how to build was. Its the world aspect that was hard. Hell my first ever character spawned in the middle of a battle.
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Sounds promising (:
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 pm

I just can't wait for it to be ready! :D
lulkoek

Postby lulkoek » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:24 am

I'm certainly going to check this one out.

And Nathan, if you didn't like a game, good for you, but stop trying to bash it. It's not because you had a mostly bad experience with it that it is bad for everyone. It's not because you can't handle a feature that the feature is bad.
And above all, this thread is about Marosia, not any other game.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm just excited that everyone else is so excited (:
I'm nearly done with the database foundations (for those that know the technical aspects, i have over 4000 rows and counting.)

All that's left after that is relatively simple, it just takes time. I still need to make the interface and everything as well.

Thanks for the interest everyone. I really want to make it great for you.
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Do you think you could make a post on here when it's all ready to go? :D I want to jump right in!
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm

I absolutely will~! (;
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:19 am

Just as an update, the database has been finished, and we've started RP in the forums that is set in the past of Marosia (before the actual game's setting), so everyone's playing out the history that will actually be used in storylines of the game.
(;
Nathan89

Postby Nathan89 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:26 pm

why not let game make its own history?
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:54 pm

It will of course.
That's not something I can stop once the game starts, logically, and really isnt connected to what I'm talking about, because we're talking about a past that will never be accessible in another way. This way everyone doesn't have to wait just feel like they are adding to the game. (:

But, playing the era before Marosia gives everyone the chance to:
1) play before the game is finished
2) be part of the game in a new and different way
3) influence the story lines that will have to do with the past (events)
4) be part of a small growing RP community

And, it looks like they're having fun, so. (;
It was just a heads up.
Andu

Postby Andu » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Do you still play Cantr, or abandoned all for developing Marosia?(also, I'm the newest on the forum atm)
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."

Return to “Non-Forum Games”