Marosia

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Arval

Re: Marosia

Postby Arval » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 pm

So how are your holidays, LittleSoul? :)
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Arval wrote:So how are your holidays, LittleSoul? :)

A bit nuts. I know you guys are waiting on an update, I promise it's coming.

But this is our first home we have ever bought so there was a ton to do in addition to all our other obligations.

However, it's started to slow down again a little bit. We are still unpacking, and having to go find furniture, and all that, but it's not as immediate of a need anymore.

I am not finished with crafting yet, but I did get ingredients to show up properly based on requirements of the type of item you're making. I'll at least get examples of that up tomorrow.

What I am working on now is getting the little results box to automatically show the resulting item quality and usefulness for every ingredient you select. That's a little tricky.

After that, it's programming the project, and it will be finished.
Arval

Postby Arval » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 pm

LittleSoul wrote:
Arval wrote:So how are your holidays, LittleSoul? :)

A bit nuts. I know you guys are waiting on an update, I promise it's coming.

But this is our first home we have ever bought so there was a ton to do in addition to all our other obligations.

However, it's started to slow down again a little bit. We are still unpacking, and having to go find furniture, and all that, but it's not as immediate of a need anymore.

I am not finished with crafting yet, but I did get ingredients to show up properly based on requirements of the type of item you're making. I'll at least get examples of that up tomorrow.

What I am working on now is getting the little results box to automatically show the resulting item quality and usefulness for every ingredient you select. That's a little tricky.

After that, it's programming the project, and it will be finished.

Well, congratulations to you both. :) That explains why you were taking so long for what seemed to be a bit of Easter commotion. Hope you the best wishes in adjusting to your adult life.

Will see you tomorrow.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:32 am

Latest update on the process of crafting: ingredients. Ignore the quality box on the right, as it's still being developed.

You can see that available ingredients to use changes depending on the category and item you select. The first picture is an example of what it is like to craft an item with varying potency. With this screen, you can see items like potions require specific tools, but you can use any combination of ingredients. In the results box to the right, you will see the quality and usefulness of the resulting item when you click on any ingredient. The quality of the ingredient will affect the resulting item. So, potions made with powerful herbs will have powerful healing qualities. Weapons made with strong metals will be more damaging in combat, while armor will be tougher in defense. Food made with good quality ingredients will fill you up more.

The second screen shows what it looks like when you're missing an ingredient, do not have an ingredient, or do not have the right tool. It also shows the type of items you can craft that have more specific requirements, such as a specific number of a general resource like wood or stone.

The third screen shows what it looks like when an item needs only one of some general resources like wood or stone. Some screens may show additional optional ingredients you can add. Note that quality is very important for some things, and not as much for others. The quality of the house you build, currently, does not provide any penalties or benefits right now, so it's likely you will not see a quality result for that type of craft at all. Despite the intermixing between items where quality matters and items where it doesn't, I still wanted to have one, uniform, recognizable interface where everything you want to do can be done for crafting.

In addition I want to mention I plan for there to be an 'invention' type option where you will have full access to your inventory of ingredients to make an item of whatever you want. You will be able to name it and describe it - however this item will have no mechanical use. It will be for roleplay items only, and just gives those who enjoy making new things, or that cannot find items in game to make that fit their roleplay, an open platform for creativity that supports their story.

Thanks!

LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Wed May 17, 2017 6:35 am

Hey there everyone.
I won't be updating at this location any longer.
Updates will be directly on the site and the forums from now on.

Thank you.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:29 pm

For news update on this game come join the discord.

https://discord.gg/fEE3r3t
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Full detail on the latest major update:http://community.marosia.com/t/children-infertility-inbreeding-taming-travel-mounts-vehicles/156

Also please do join the discord if you want real time updates and/or early access to testing.

Thanks!
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:53 pm

A brief update for those who've been following this thread:. Alpha testing is finished and now closed beta has begun.
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Sun May 13, 2018 8:18 am

Also here is an updated discord chat link!
https://discord.gg/7vEpsjh
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 am

I'm proud to announce to you all that the game is officially in open beta.

https://marosia.com/
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Great work :)
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
LittleSoul

Postby LittleSoul » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks Sherman :D
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Congratulations!
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:33 am

Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 am

LittleSoul wrote:I'm proud to announce to you all that the game is officially in open beta.

https://marosia.com/

Interesting :-) This is the first time I see this thread. What just reading bits of the rules - interesting to see the slight twists on the capital rule, etc. Best of luck with it.

Perhaps you can also add some link to Cantr or a post about Cantr on the forum somewhere, to return the favour ;-)

Return to “Non-Forum Games”