Godville

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Armulus Satchula

Godville

Postby Armulus Satchula » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 pm

It's and Idle RPG. You are a god and follow a Hero that is on a quests. His ultimate goal is to get gold bricks to build a temple. You have little to no control over this. It's sort of a game that plays it self. What you do have control of listed here: Voice of God

Guilds provide some bonuses to characters. Guilds provide even more bonuses when when they have at least 1% influence in a town. The game is comical. I like leaving it up on my screen, watching what happens.

If you decide to join, you can add me as a friend by adding "Besieged". I have told my hero to make a guild, but this could take several days to create. I'll update this post if it does get made. Joining my group would help a ton. I believe once you get 5 people in your guild, random adventurers who have not picked a guild will randomly switch guilds.

http://godvillegame.com/

How to join my guild. Eeden
You must be level 12 before you can join one. I think that should take about a week. Typing the voice command to your hero will cause him to cancel whatever quest he is on and replace it with the guild joining quest. That means, if you are towards the end of a quest, you should probably hold off until its done. Heroes can be stubborn too. I actually had to submit the guild create command eight times in a row before my hero did as commanded. You'll know if your hero is joining the guild because your current quest should change to something like "Joining the Eeden Guild".

join the "Eeden" guild

Heroes will randomly attempt to leave guilds until your rank becomes Cardinal. There are 8 ranks before that, which are determined by the number of days you have been in the guild. You become a Cardinal at 135 days. If your hero attempts to leave. Spam this:

Cancel Quest

You'll know when he's given up the quest when he says something about not finishing it, plus your current quest will have "(cancelled)" after it. Your hero still has to return to town to get a new quest.

Including my wife and friend, who do not play Cantr, we will be at 6 people once everyone reaches level 12 and joins. That means we'll start to gain random people in the guild and gain influence in towns.

Guild Page: http://godvillegame.com/stats/guild/Eeden
Guild Wiki Page: http://wiki.godvillegame.com/index.php/Eeden
Guild Topic on Forums: http://godvillegame.com/forums/show_topic/1710

Our guild:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
Miri

Re: Godville

Postby Miri » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:53 pm

So... is it like a pet 'training' game...? From your desc it reminds me a bit of Black and White, with the hero as your familiar.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:52 pm

I guess you could say similar, but it has nothing to do with page views or clicks.
Miri

Postby Miri » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:33 pm

I do hope so :P I meant that the hero has his own 'will', but you make him do 'what's best for him' and shape him with... a bit of suggestion here and there?

Edit:
ok started it...
my GOD it's better than KoL! XD
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:13 am

I've updated the topic for how to join my guild.
Majix

Postby Majix » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:12 pm

You have to log in via Facebook? That's no good.
Miri

Postby Miri » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:40 pm

I think so too, but luckily I've got a 'fake' (and the only one I own) facebook account for things like that :P
Seriously, that's one of those things in facebook that annoy me most - if you're not with us, you don't exist. A bit like apple, elitist ladydogs.
Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:47 pm

What is the point of punishing your hero (apart from sadism)? Encouraging your hero is pretty straightforward and makes sense. Does a hero do naughty things, and punishment sets him or her back on the path of righteousness?
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:41 pm

On the site you might need to register with facebook, but if you have an android phone or an iphone you can create a character through the app without linking it to facebook. I think punishing you hero causes their personality more towards evil. When they are in combat, it is more likely to cause the hero to damage enemy. This holds true in the arena too. As far as I can tell, encouragement has only ever healed me.
Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc

Postby Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:07 am

Facebook is the bane of human existence as we know it... *searches the android market*
Image Image Image Image
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:39 am

Miri

Postby Miri » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:25 pm

1. How do you make those fancy stat boxes?

2. Are your 'heroes' such hopeless ogrebrains are mine?

3. How do you cope with that? :x
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Miri wrote:1. How do you make those fancy stat boxes?

Click on Profile on the top menu. On that page there will be a second menu, where you click Informers.

2. Are your 'heroes' such hopeless ogrebrains are mine?

3. How do you cope with that? :x

I am guessing that they are all idiots. I don't think you can change that, only adjust your own attitude to be amused at their folly.
Miri

Postby Miri » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 pm

ok, I think that works :) thanks!

EDit: Adam, do you think you could put our little party / future guild together in the first post?
Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Armulus Satchula wrote:You must be level 12 before you can join one. I think that should take about a week.

I think that when the hero's page is open and the Internet connection active, the hero is more active and levels more quickly.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”