Skyrim

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Armulus Satchula

Re: Skyrim

Postby Armulus Satchula » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

I've had a few crash to desktop instances. Patch 1.4 is going to help the PC by increasing the maximum ram usage from 2 gigs to 4 gigs for computers that have larger amounts of ram. My monitor is 2560x1600. I think the game was too taxing on my card at that resolution and i now have to play the game at it's non-native resolution, which makes the game look somewhat blurry, but not all that bad. My video card now reaches a temperature of 99 degree Celsius, which is totally not good.
bjourney

Postby bjourney » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 am

Skyrim has really taken a lot of buzz especially on social networking circles with that familiar "took an arrow to the knee" kind of thing and that has just helped boost the game even further.

I remember starting this game before and it was really challenging though there are those tempting moments when you already want to slide the difficulty levee to easy just so you could get past killing this dragon.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 pm

In opening scene of the game, you are a prisoner being taken to a fort in the back of a wagon. You are mixed in with some rebels that are to be beheaded. After the opening scene, you decide on your race, sex, looks, and name. The Imperial Guard behead one guy and then call you up to the blocks. You kneel down and just as the executioners axe is raised, a dragon lands on a tower to your left causing panic and chaos. This is where the actual game play starts.

I saved the game right after the wagon ride and right before the beheading so I could make new characters without watching the long intro. I made 3 characters so far. I tried to make a 4th one but the dragon would not cooperate. There I was with my head on the block, the executioners axe in the air and... the dragon never landed on the tower. He kept flying by and doing circles. I sat on my couch for 10 minutes (amused) watching this executioner hold that axe in the air and watching a dragon fly in circles. I kept thinking, okay, he is headed for the tower... no!! Come back!
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Yes, I'd done the same as far as keeping a save that was after the intro. Haven't had it happen where the dragon didn't land to stop the execution, though.

One thing that I keep questioning is why does the dragon save you in the first place if you're the one who is meant to kill all the dragons? Besides the fact that it would make for a very short game :P why not just let them lop off your head so the dragons can carry out their "evil plan" instead of interrupting the execution? If the answer to that would be a spoiler then I don't want to know. I have purposely been putting off the main quest in order to explore the world.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Kelna

Postby Kelna » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:28 pm

It IS a spoiler, but I already had it spoiled for me, thanks to Tv Tropes.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:25 am

ha, cute.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 pm

So. Ally got an Xbox 360 for Christmas, with Skyrim on it. But he doesn't play it, so anybody who might frequent this section needs to help me get him to play it. He claims it's because of football season no5 being over, but I heard him say once it was because that level was somehow unplayable. So now my mom is pissed that she spent money and he's not using it.
Spaztikko

Postby Spaztikko » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Snickie wrote:So. Ally got an Xbox 360 for Christmas, with Skyrim on it. But he doesn't play it, so anybody who might frequent this section needs to help me get him to play it. He claims it's because of football season no5 being over, but I heard him say once it was because that level was somehow unplayable. So now my mom is pissed that she spent money and he's not using it.

But like, now's pretty much the worst time to get a 360?

Honestly I last played a month ago, but this IS after I'd done like everything in vanilla and really couldn't justify playing it anymore.

What unplayable level?
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 pm

You need a good 200 hours to complete everything in skyrim. If you say something if unplayable, just search for the name of the quest on google. There are wiki's out there that tell you how to complete quests but also list known bugs, sometimes with ways to fix the bug. 360 does seem to have A LOT of bugs though.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”