Skyrim

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Armulus Satchula

Skyrim

Postby Armulus Satchula » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 pm

It's going to be awesome. 4 People + Me are going to set up at my house and play from Friday morning until Sunday evening. No wife interruptions allowed and they are all crashing my house.

I've done a pretty good job not seeing anything that the game has to offer. Only the screenshots on steam and the very first trailer that provided minimal to no footage.
Comy

Re: Skyrim

Postby Comy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 am

I forced my brother to preorder at the same store I did, so I'm dragging him off to the midnight release and then he's going to stay for a couple days. Preordered the boyfriend's online, but he won't be joining in the festivities as he has to work. And I'm going to make some version of these because I'm a dork.

I've also been avoiding any very detailed information about the game because I'm excited to just jump in and see what happens. I usually have this horrible problem with looking up lots of information on games if it's available when I start playing them.
Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:37 pm

I would prepare to take over Cantr this weekend while everyone is busy playing Skyrim, but I just got an email that my copy has been shipped. Wonder if it's too late to tell my out-of-town friend not to visit. She's totally not into gaming and won't understand.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I have no idea what skyrim is, and I just sharpened my steel battle axe, so good luck! ;)
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 pm

:P Ruining all my fun, EchoMan. Maybe I'll just take over all the places except for where your chars are located! I better hurry up and spawn more chars. I don't think I can manage a(n almost) total take over with just 10. I'll definitely need 15.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 pm

What!? I already have 35 chars! Dangit, I have no moer time! ;)
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Everyone going to play Skyrim better have donated to cantr within the last three months or else I;m afraid Iwill have to tax you to pay 10 dollars to cantr for having so much money.

I've been spending way too much money this month lol and not sure how much time I will have to play other games now with Cantr back in my life.
There is no rule that says I can't post as much I want. I asked my lawyer.
Kev Milsom

Postby Kev Milsom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Bought Skyrim today.
It looks great, plays wonderfully and I can already see it's going to be seriously, seriously addictive.
"Stwrike him Centurion! Vewwy Wuffly!"
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:59 pm

RANT!! My copy arrived yesterday but I couldn't really play. Had company still, which was only a slight problem but distracting to the point that I didn't really get to enjoy that first look at Skyrim. It also runs maddeningly slow even on the lowest graphic settings. My computer exceeds all the specs for the game so I don't know what the deal is. Tonight I'm going to pull the better graphic card out of my old pc and see if that helps.

Edit: KVM switch + gaming = fail. :oops: Oh, well. By time it hit me that the KVM switch was the problem, I'd already set my mind on -finally- moving my graphics card to the new machine. Went ahead and moved over the better PSU, too, so now Skyrim runs perfectly at high graphics. Now I just need more time to play!
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Unfortunately I don't think my laptop can handle Skyrim a shame but maybe in the future I can play it lol
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:50 pm

I put 39.2 hours into Skyrim from Friday morning to Sunday night. I had 3 other friends over and we clocked a total of 137.9 hours of gameplay that weekend. This game is too damn good. I'm also quite surprised at how serious the game feels. Oblivion and Morrowing were more silly. Everything in this seems like it needs done right the fuck now. I guess the Nords are a pretty serious race.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 pm

A few of my school friends were talking about it at school today, and I saw the game guide in one of their backpacks. That thing is the size of a small textbook.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:31 pm

I though Oblivion was a bit better than morrowind with regards to sillyness but that's it's much better with it being serious I'm tempted to buy a new laptop that can handle it lol
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:56 am

What character builds are you using?
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 am

Well I couldn't resist and got Skyrim after all, I certainly hope it will work on my laptop lol

Return to “Non-Forum Games”