World of Warcraft

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Miri

World of Warcraft

Postby Miri » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 pm

So... with the 20-lvls trial I gave it a try and I'm... hmm... let's say I'm mesmerised. Maybe not by the graphics, but surely by the playability and the huge, complex, living world.

I think I'm going to get into it after I finally get my master's degree (got a carrot! :P ) which I should do in the following year.
Up until now I've been trying it on my trash-mail account under one of my net-names. Now I've made an actual account and I'm going to be pushing my characters forward very slowly towards the lvl20 cap (just enough not to forget the taste of the carrot) and learning the game-play basics until I can start playing for real. But first I need to pick a server.

So here are my questions:
- Does anyone here plays EU version?
- What server(s) do you play on?
- Would you recommend it to me? (I'm looking for PvE type, with a nice atmosphere and a considerate amount of casuals, or just lively mid-game, so I won't feel too tempted into powergaming. I've considered role-play realms, but I'm afraid it might be too much for me, at least for now).
tomola

Re: World of Warcraft

Postby tomola » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 pm

I play WOW in global server. I recomment it to you to .
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 pm

A ton of band kids (mostly the sophomore males) are into WOW. It drives me nuts when it interferes with their practicing and you can tell during the next sectional.

I have no time for WOW. I play too much Cantr. 8)
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

I have played wow for 6 years :P For the time I play horde on Shu'halo, US server though. I have another server that I have alli on.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc

Postby Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:47 pm

I don't play games that pander to the masses. I played WoW for 5 years before I quit about 2 years ago. All I saw was the game getting easier and easier for little kids and idiots to play. It no longer takes any skill and everything is handed to you. For those that play and enjoy it, have fun, for those that don't and want someone's opinion... Play away! It's a great, easy game to kill a lot of time.
Image Image Image Image
Miri

Postby Miri » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Right now I'm slowly catching up with the game itself, it's a hell lot of content to complete - so the difficulty level is ok with me. I'm rather a casual player as well, not the 'mass-level' player as I would understand it but not a minmaxer or heavy raider either. I just want to be able to enjoy the game with loging in whenever I feel like it and doing whatever I feel like at the moment.
I mean - what's to be serious and pro about? I've got Cantr for it :P
januper

Postby januper » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I know this thread is a little old (as in very old) but I am still waiting for my game application to come through, so is anyone here still playing WoW?

I actually played until Wrath but then decided to stop because of the way the game started to go.
I also tried some private servers running some older patches which were fun too.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 am

I play WoW :)
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:23 am

januper wrote:I know this thread is a little old (as in very old) but I am still waiting for my game application to come through, so is anyone here still playing WoW?

I actually played until Wrath but then decided to stop because of the way the game started to go.
I also tried some private servers running some older patches which were fun too.

I used to play it, but stopped quite a while ago. What way (that you didn't like, obviously) has the game started to go?
Stranger in a strange land.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:39 am

I still do!

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
suchy
Location: Under your bed, waiting for you to turn off the light

Postby suchy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am

I still do, too :) On EU-Silvermoon :)
You still stood there screaming
No one caring about these words you tell
My friend, before your voice is gone
One man's fun is another's hell!

Wyjdź z domu. Może pod twoim blokiem napierdalają się magowie.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 am

I think I'm on the EU server, but not actually 100% sure how to check. It says "region EU" on my Battle.net account - is that it?

My main character is Mafvrak in the Lightbringer realm (Alliance, now lvl 35);
my main character used to be Khandril in the Ghostlands realm (Alliance, lvl 37);
I have a low level character that I kind of like and would like to bring up at some point, which is Lazhinda in the Scarshield Legion realm (Horde, lvl 7);
and then I have a whole bunch of characters that I used to play but not really anymore (I used to play for a while and then stopped for years, recently joined again):
Prock (Alliance, lvl 25) and a few other ones in the Outland realm;
Shinda (Horde, lvl 25) in the Scarshield Legion realm;
some random characters in hte Shattered Halls and Xavius realm.

It would be fun to play with others, so if you play in one of those, post it here :)
Black Canyon

Postby Black Canyon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:19 pm

I am currently on my 5 year hiatus :)
“Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Black Canyon wrote:I am currently on my 5 year hiatus :)

How far into it are you? :)
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 pm

When you change realms, there should be tabs at the top of that window that you can select for the different regions (on the website's realm status page it breaks it up as: Oceanic, U.S., Brazil and Latin America). I think several of the realms you listed, Jos, are U.S. realms. Lightbringer and Ghostlands are, for sure.

I started playing WoW again more often since Pandaria came out. :) I took about a year break, I think. One of my guildmates asked if I would be coming back for Pandaria because he missed playing the game with me.

When Wrath came out, we waited for each other to go to Northrend, then we ran all the way from one of the starting areas to Dalaran just to find out we wouldn't be able to get there until level 73 (I think). I don't know how we didn't get killed by mobs on that run.

Most of mine are on the U.S. PvP servers Bloodscalp (Horde) and Dunemaul (Alli). I have a few on the RPPvE realm Wyrmrest Accord and a smattering of characters on multiple other realms that I've started to play with other friends.

I always come back to Moreta (level 90 warlock) on Bloodscalp, though, and the other characters I play there. My guild is awesome, even if our playing time for dungeons and raids don't match up much (they're Aussie). I do have a level 3 monk on the Oceanic realm Dath'Remar to level with my friend that lured me back. Other than that one, I've not touched any characters outside of Bloodscalp since I've started playing again.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!

Return to “Non-Forum Games”