Minecraft

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Cdls

Minecraft

Postby Cdls » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:27 am

Anyone playing this?

For those who know what it is, I am looking at creating a virtualized world in which there will be towns and an economy as well as other things. With the ability to go PVP, this can easily become sort of like a live action Cantr type world (crafting/resource collection/psychotic animals/buildings) and may be an interesting experiment.

The server I am running it on can supposedly hold 50-70 people at once. Anyone interested in seeing how this can play out can send me a PM to request admittance. As the server is currently in beta testing, I will only be accepting those who are serious about helping out. Once the server is ready to go live, I will make the connection information public.
Tripkan

Re: Minecraft

Postby Tripkan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:12 am

I play, but only piddling around in my single-player worlds. Many Cantr events have been abandoned by my chars as player attempts to untangle wiring issues or resolve low output on a mob grinder.

I will be interested when you're looking for people who are casual about helping out. :P
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 am

Yeah, that's why I threw in the "sort of like..." disclaimer. There is no way to make a live real time Cantr world without coding it from the ground up to be just that. This has a lot of the elements found within Cantr, but certainly lacks the depth in certain areas, while expanding on freedoms in others.

As for what I meant by 'serious' is those who aren't looking to be given full admin powers to go around making things explode. If you are interested in some casual exploration atm, then send me a PM and we can talk more :)
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:33 am

Cdls wrote:Anyone playing this?

For those who know what it is, I am looking at creating a virtualized world in which there will be towns and an economy as well as other things. With the ability to go PVP, this can easily become sort of like a live action Cantr type world (crafting/resource collection/psychotic animals/buildings) and may be an interesting experiment.

The server I am running it on can supposedly hold 50-70 people at once. Anyone interested in seeing how this can play out can send me a PM to request admittance. As the server is currently in beta testing, I will only be accepting those who are serious about helping out. Once the server is ready to go live, I will make the connection information public.

There are quite a few servers like that already re: economy, player built towns, clan systems, crafting, currency, etc., but I'm not too sure about how good the mods are, as they're unauthorized for the most part. The only problem I've seen on SMP is that after a point, you have to stop generating the world because it lags too much.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm

A lot of that depends on the server you are hosting with as well. It took me a few tries to find a decent server capable of handling what I want to throw at it, and their support has been on the ball at delivering what they promise.

As for using mods, I am quite skilled in configuring and deploying the mods that will be used within the server world. Before pushing them into a live environment, we test them on private servers to see what issues, if any, the may have and look at ways of mitigating or even eliminating them so that they can be used.

One thing to remember, Minecraft is Beta atm, and will contain many, many bugs and issues, server loads and reqs change with each release and will probably continue to do so until final product.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:01 pm

[[random reload....that was weird. Anyway.]]

I love Minecraft, and I have an account on the website, but we haven't paid for the game, so I don't have a server. :( But I'd love to join as soon as I do buy it.
One of my RL friends who plays Cantr tried to build Klojt in a single-player world. He ended up deleting it because he couldn't find enough stone to build the entire Terra Complex without depleting half of his natural cave system.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 am

Snickie wrote:[[random reload....that was weird. Anyway.]]

I love Minecraft, and I have an account on the website, but we haven't paid for the game, so I don't have a server. :( But I'd love to join as soon as I do buy it.
One of my RL friends who plays Cantr tried to build Klojt in a single-player world. He ended up deleting it because he couldn't find enough stone to build the entire Terra Complex without depleting half of his natural cave system.

He should've made himself OP. He could have given himself stone easy.

We have a little server right now, but it's a bit private and I'm not sure my room mates would appreciate it if I threw the IP around for everyone to play on, but it's pretty entertaining. I keep running into the world hole glitch, while they keep building railroads in the sky.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:02 am

Update: Server gonna be upgraded soon and will be able to hold over 100 players at once!

World PVP combat
Home building
Full city with public housing/warehouse/kitchen
Arena
More to come!

**Server still in Beta testing**

PM if interested in joining!
Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc

Postby Slyder_Glyder_Ryder_etc » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Apparently I'm months behind on this, but I play Minecraft a little too much. I have a channel on YouTube with commentary, channel name is Glyder78, but don't watch it, it's boring, and soon I'm going to make another commentary series focused on progression.. since there is now an "End" to the game.

ANYWAY, I am interested in checking out your server, but don't have time at the moment, I'll pm you when I do have more time to help out.
Image Image Image Image
dingo13and7

Postby dingo13and7 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm behind on this too, but I'm also an avid player. I'd be interested in getting in on this world! :)
"Shadow heard himself laugh, over the sound of the music. He was happy...He was going around and around and around again...
Then the lights went out, and Shadow saw the gods."
-Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 pm

I'll be getting my own server soon. I'm tired of hosting them myself. Everytime I do this, at some point the maps get currupted. So I am just going to pay a company to manage mine. They do back ups and installed any mods I want. I don't think I can beat a 5 person server for 5 dollars. I just need to find a good seed. The best i found so far was "zergrush".
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:52 am

What does it mean to "seed", anyway?
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:37 pm

I've been playing Minecraft all day, building a fortress, a canal, and best of all a giant zombie made out of different-colored wool surrounded by glowstone and plate glass (so we can admire its awesomeness at all hours of the day--if you take the boat ;)).

Anyway, with all the staring-down I've been doing (I've gotta build the walls, you know), I now feel disoriented when I stare at solid-color images/websites/whatever, like I should be looking down at it and the fact that I'm not is strange. lol
ebenezer

Postby ebenezer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 am

Armulus Satchula wrote:I'll be getting my own server soon. I'm tired of hosting them myself. Everytime I do this, at some point the maps get currupted. So I am just going to pay a company to manage mine. They do back ups and installed any mods I want. I don't think I can beat a 5 person server for 5 dollars. I just need to find a good seed. The best i found so far was "zergrush".

Might I suggest a program called MCEdit? You can create a flat land for spawn area then fill it up with that program. It allows importing and exporting of buildings and many other things. Way better than building everything by hand for situations like this.

And this website has lots of resources for this, you might like it.
http://www.mcschematics.com/

If you setup the server please share the adress with us and if you will use a white list I'd like you to add reandorkerem. I'd like to stop by and play in your server.
Estaar

Postby Estaar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am

Armulus Satchula wrote:I'll be getting my own server soon. I'm tired of hosting them myself. Everytime I do this, at some point the maps get currupted. So I am just going to pay a company to manage mine. They do back ups and installed any mods I want. I don't think I can beat a 5 person server for 5 dollars. I just need to find a good seed. The best i found so far was "zergrush".

So would I, Armulus! MC username is the same as here, i.e. Estaar.
Stranger in a strange land.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”