Faery Tale Online (FTO)

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm

The thing is Dudel's style of writing can be taken as hostile by people who don't know him. He's sometimes putting words in all caps for emphasis and using a lot of exclamation marks and emoticons. That can put people in defense mode.
Not-so-sad panda
Litchin_flip

Postby Litchin_flip » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:54 pm

That is very true. :wink: That's why like I've said a few other times I've just learned to skim most of his long messages for what's important and then move on instead of dwelling on the little things.
SIMMONS--SNOWWIS--hmmm interesting don't you think
Gran

Postby Gran » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Dudel isn't rude in anyway. He might be overly sincere. But he does not mean to offend, he wants to express himself. :)

Now, I think that if those people got pissed off because of a little sarcasm, I think they would bomb my house if I even got near those forums in those days that I get a bit ranty - or even - have their heads blown, Scanners' style, by certain users that flow through suggestions topics who use sarcasm to a even greater extent. :lol:

Anyway this talks of elitism - which I think it is more of a generic trait of text roleplayers, because hell we rant a lot about "sucky roleplayers" and "bad spelling" (but of course, this is different from being offended by criticism) - has renewed my interest in FTO once again, for some reason.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Ryaga

Postby Ryaga » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 pm

I completely agree with Gran.
chase02

Postby chase02 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Hey, I get ranty all the time. Just depends how you say it. ;)
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:14 am

However, I'll admit that I did get slightly "aggressive" to some of its members at one point on the sheer grounds of "Piss in my cereal will ya?"

Dudel does NOT like pissy cereal! X|

Originally there was no intent to annoy/attack/bother/etc/whatever but that changed after some um... "indiscretions".

I'll say that if you bite your tongue and just kinda take their noise then the community isn't bad.... but that's kinda like saying "Hey this is dog shit but I put ketchup on it so it tastes better now" soooo...... Iuno.

Yeah overly sincere... I don't see a point to lying but nothing says I've to say the entire truth. :lol:

I found something random out in game on FTO though... which speed does, indeed, more too slow at first then BOOM.

That first week of being a baby was kinda "meh whatever" but now my character is already two and with limited active characters around him... I'm afraid for his speech. I'm getting a little tired of my own "gimmicky stick" of the "funny talking quirky... dude."
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 am

You could make him Autistic.
Not-so-sad panda
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

My character had barely any proper speech until she was about ten and spent all/most her time with her brother.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Autism would work provided I kept his on going "curiosity" about the world and not its people... moving.

Only problem with that is I see players getting mad at me.... again. :(

Right now the guy talks like a couple of my Cantr characters smushed together. Broken speech (short sentences) with childlike thought and/or pause while not "grasping" things. For being two, that makes sense but I just don't want that to be going on when he's freaking 20!

But the the game down, who cares? :lol:
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Birth Count: 126

Getting closer... :roll:
Every action has a consequence.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 pm

Eh.. I finally quit FTO so everyone there can be "happy now".

No more Dudel troll, HUZZAH!

Once people start agreeing with Rigel and/or Rigel is on "their side" I know the game is utterly FUCKED.

Not to mention that when direct reports of the game are said and I'm highly contradicted but... whatever.

No more FTO, yay!

Play the game... avoid the forum, it'll make you not wanna play.. TRUST ME. Be a "part of the group" or your fun is faulty.

<insert FTO players who play Cantr telling me I wasn't "playing the same game" or "playing it right" or some other such BS that shouldn't be valid for an OPEN WORLD GAME, but whatever.>

FTO's slogan: Play how we want you to play or PISS OFF DAMN IT!
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:48 pm

lol
Read about my characters by following this link.
catpurr

Postby catpurr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:49 pm

I always thought FTO means

Fock Tho Shot Op.
Caesar
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, Our Galaxy, Time & Space

Postby Caesar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Dudel wrote:Once people start agreeing with Rigel and/or Rigel is on "their side" I know the game is utterly FUCKED.

Agree with Rigel..?
What world were you in?
Rigeltopia?
- Every person lost in war is two too many.
- Respect comes from two sides and must be earned. Nobody has the right to it because of a title, sex, age, race or birth.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
- I believe in True Love, do you?
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 pm

It's This this where R's been making actual sense lately. It's got everyone boggled. Seriously
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in

Return to “Non-Forum Games”