Reveri.es

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

chase02

Postby chase02 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm

theguy wrote:lol opps sorry, I was excited at the idea of sci-fi style bio-domes with airlocks which help support life when the climate outside is bad lol. I never even heard of a movie, I was playing a game with em in lol :P

Anyway.... yeah putting aside my stupidity (I blame my eye sight, I read words as other words which are similar or words that are close by that word) What is the technology level like?

LOL at biodomes.. maybe we'll need them after I let you lot into the world to start raeping and pillaging the resources ;)

Tech level starts at the basics for closed beta - stone age. Where people are in time for open beta depends on how much they have developed. You don't have full access to the tech tree (it is based on experience) and as such I'm not stating the upper limit at this time.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:15 am

I've a question: Biome specific technology to help "that area" advance without hindrance but at the same time is, generally, un-helpful otherwise?

Snow shoes for... well the snow and other "cold stuff" etc for the north while the desert has stuff to protect from desert winds and open buildings rather then shut/closed ones?

I'm loosely thinking.. but the general thought intrigues me as a GREAT culture building game mechanic. :D
Gran

Postby Gran » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:28 am

Reveri.es reminds me of the many times I complained about cantr and thought of making my own game. :lol: But as Chase seems to be working hard on a consistent project for the new matrix, I'll take my claim off the matter and suspend my own non-consistent projects. :)

Now, I do question myself of how technology is developed. Does it progresses or all things are just there to be made, in a object list. Is there knowledge trees and such?

Also, if objects can be designed, or if is there some support for that (as was said to be in 'Generations' :) ).

Edit: I dislike emoticons, but pardon those. I'm really interested in this, and it is hard to put it down on paper without long sentences of "LIEK OMG OMG".
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
chase02

Postby chase02 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:23 am

There is a knowledge tree which does grow and decay based on time spent making that category of item, plus extra branches of items can be enabled by observing new things (eg Billy Bob comes into town carrying a crossbow, when you'd only just discovered slingshots).

There are initial bonuses to your knowledge tree at birth in certain biomes (eg those born in forests will make better carpenters, due to the assumed familiarity with the materials). My hope was that this, combined with the basic genetics/inheritable traits, would lead to some places breeding far better carpenters (or whatever) than others.

There is no freeform item creation, but I've been very keen to implement this, so it may be on the cards later on. Most of the infrastructure is actually in place for this, as all resources have detailed properties already.

Gran, please don't give up on your projects because of Reveries, the more the merrier when it comes to virtual worlds! :)
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 am

This sounds very cool, chase. I do hope it runs as well as it sounds. :D
Razorlance

Postby Razorlance » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:00 pm

chase02 wrote:Tech level starts at the basics for closed beta - stone age. Where people are in time for open beta depends on how much they have developed. You don't have full access to the tech tree (it is based on experience) and as such I'm not stating the upper limit at this time.

chase02 wrote:There is a knowledge tree which does grow and decay based on time spent making that category of item, plus extra branches of items can be enabled by observing new things (eg Billy Bob comes into town carrying a crossbow, when you'd only just discovered slingshots).

:D

On another note:

FiziKz wrote:Like, If you leave trees for wood and etc. there, without gathering them, will they replenish normally or what?

Chase02 wrote:Yeah, as long as there is some vegetation of that type left, it will regrow.

Copypasta from FTO forums:

chase wrote:
Vegetation grows and decays - and can become completely depleted (which currently has no effect on climate). Some vegetation does also attempt to spread. The idea being that the world will attempt to keep itself in balance, but character actions on the world could lead to great imbalance.

Why does the quote from the FTO forums apply to this game?

Oh, wait, you mean you were explaining how Reveri.es works there too?
chase02

Postby chase02 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Indeed Razor, there is a long and winding thread on the FTO forums regarding reveries that I daresay is a little more interesting than this one. :)
Razorlance

Postby Razorlance » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Wow, quick reply, I might just take a wander over later then.
lulkoek

Postby lulkoek » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

I don't read the FTO forums!!!

And from what I heard about that game on these forums, it's not likely I will ever go there, :P
Andu

Postby Andu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Don't listen too much to Dudel. :)
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Andu wrote:Don't listen too much to Dudel. :)

WHOA WHOA WHOA! :x

I ain't the only guy/gal wid issues, a'ight? I jud be one o' da few wid da issues be stickn' round and splainn'em.

:P Its not a horrible game though, really. I do 100% think this game of chase's will be better as it seems to address the problems I have with Cantr while not making new ones. AKA: Fixing the things that is broke and leavn' da rest ALONE. :lol:
Andu

Postby Andu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Dudel wrote:
Andu wrote:Don't listen too much to Dudel. :)

WHOA WHOA WHOA! :x

I ain't the only guy/gal wid issues, a'ight? I jud be one o' da few wid da issues be stickn' round and splainn'em.

:P Its not a horrible game though, really. I do 100% think this game of chase's will be better as it seems to address the problems I have with Cantr while not making new ones. AKA: Fixing the things that is broke and leavn' da rest ALONE. :lol:

I agree with you that reveries will be better than FTO and Cantr.
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't think it's an issue of any of them being better.
Litchin_flip

Postby Litchin_flip » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Well I think I will just stick to all three and see what happens with them all, then I will tell you what I think.
SIMMONS--SNOWWIS--hmmm interesting don't you think
chase02

Postby chase02 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:08 am

Andu wrote:I agree with you that reveries will be better than FTO and Cantr.

Wow, Andu. Those are fighting words! And you know I love a good fight. ;)

Return to “Non-Forum Games”