Reveri.es

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:41 am

*kisses returner* I'm sorry honey, lets make up. :lol:
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 am

Dudel wrote:*kisses returner* I'm sorry honey, lets make up. :lol:

Oh man, I LOL'd so hard my stomache hurts.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 am

I almost puked but better... :lol:
My old banner ;)
returner

Postby returner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:39 am

Dudel wrote:It means I dislike the word. It's a poor word to describe what reveri.es as "virtual worlds" are considered by most to be nothing living but rather inhabited.

Huh? 'nothing living'? Most people consider virtual worlds as 'nothing living'? Huh???? What does that mean? I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure it out.. of course nothing is living in a virtual world, its, uh, um, virtual.

Does anyone know the legalities behind taking someone to court for inducing a headache?

Also, please don't make any reference to kissing me. I'm sure you're a great guy and everything, but with a stomach like yours, I'd prefer not to end up with vomit in my mouth.
MartialAngel

Postby MartialAngel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:06 am

returner wrote:Does anyone know the legalities behind taking someone to court for inducing a headache?

I'm not sure, but if you ever figure it out, let me know so I can sue you.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:07 am

returner wrote:
Dudel wrote:It means I dislike the word. It's a poor word to describe what reveri.es as "virtual worlds" are considered by most to be nothing living but rather inhabited.

Huh? 'nothing living'? Most people consider virtual worlds as 'nothing living'? Huh???? What does that mean? I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure it out.. of course nothing is living in a virtual world, its, uh, um, virtual.

A living world, be it virtual or otherwise, is not dependent on human interaction to survive. Further more it is a world which moves and grows without our interaction and would continue to move, grow, and act on it's own. The world is alive, hence the phrase "living world".

A virtual world is a blank world which is souly dependent on people for interaction. MMO's, Cantr, MUDs, all of these are virtual worlds. They are something that without "the players" no longer grows.

On a theoretical level, if everyone quit playing Cantr and Rev at the same time. The in game world for Cantr would become like a creepy western ghost town no matter how much time had passed while Rev would act more like our own earth. Vegetation would overgrow and animals would start to hyper populate, etc etc etc. The world is alive separate from those that inhabit it.

Thus a virtual world is usually just inhabited and not living because it is DEPENDENT on the players to keep it alive, changing, etc.

This is why "virtual world" is a bad word-phrase to use, in my opinion at least, in reference to Rev. People should take great care in their words, too.

ALSO: *sniffles at returner's words* WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE!?
Andu

Postby Andu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:56 am

*agrees with Dudel*
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
FiziKx

Postby FiziKx » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm

I don't think it is the phrase itself then :wink:

and I don't really believe that it is the action that the 'world' takes without players as... that is like saying that all imams are terrorists, all priests are pedophiles, and that all rabbis are money-hungry (obviously meaning no offense to any of those people). It is just that it has happened that the trend for virtual worlds have been that way... Reveri.es will be a Virtual World like no other... it will be revolutionary... but like they -should- have been in the first place. :)

Oh, and I kind of enjoy the squabbles between Dudel/returner etc.
http://arcanot.myminicity.com/
http://fizikx.mybrute.com

mikki

Postby mikki » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm

MartialAngel wrote:
returner wrote:Does anyone know the legalities behind taking someone to court for inducing a headache?

I'm not sure, but if you ever figure it out, let me know so I can sue you.

:lol: thanks I needed that!
returner

Postby returner » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks for clarifying, Dudel. It makes more sense now.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:10 pm

FiziKx wrote:I don't think it is the phrase itself then :wink:

and I don't really believe that it is the action that the 'world' takes without players as... that is like saying that all imams are terrorists, all priests are pedophiles, and that all rabbis are money-hungry (obviously meaning no offense to any of those people). It is just that it has happened that the trend for virtual worlds have been that way... Reveri.es will be a Virtual World like no other... it will be revolutionary... but like they -should- have been in the first place. :)

Which is why Rev should make a point, as chase is trying with "virtual world", to stand apart. Being "just another virtual world" decreases chase's wanted effect as the phrase "virtual world" goes rather hand in hand with "MMO" which is a form of game. chase does not want Rev to be thought of as a game.

I sorta explained that on the FTO forum but with Wiki links.

IN FACT: I'ma copy paste these two break downs, now, and put them on the Rev forum. :P

Oh, and I kind of enjoy the squabbles between Dudel/returner etc.

Glad I could amuse you. :lol:

And returner, you are welcome.
mikki

Postby mikki » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 am

Does it ever end? :wink:
chase02

Re: Reveri.es

Postby chase02 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:23 am

Overworked developer seeks contributors, researchers and hangers-on. Must enjoy researching upwards of 5000 items, be generally fun to have around and have endless patience. I can offer you a Rigel-free workplace, in-world privileges, a game credit and lots of ASCII smileys.

We're powering ahead, albeit slowly, with public launch date highly variable depending on how much user-contributed content is submitted. The amount of ecosystem and learning data reveries is attempting to track is on a level never before attempted to my knowledge. Be a part of one of the most detailed virtual environments ever built! And our delightful application server has been load balancing rock solid for over a month now.. :)

Rev is being developed on an iterative agile methodology, with deployments of new features every 1-2 days. As I'm now working in simulation as well, I'm making some good contacts for advice on the funkier aspects of rev - such as realtime rendering of virtual data!

I will be reopening applications to serious contributors, and current non-active alpha accounts will be purged shortly. If you're interested, drop me a short message to admin (at) reveri.es
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:01 am

Define "non-active". O.O
Andu

Postby Andu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 am

I think that mean they who haven't made a single post, or activated their accounts.
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."

Return to “Non-Forum Games”