Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

frenchfisher

Postby frenchfisher » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:20 pm

SekoETC wrote:Gee, wasn't that mailing list going to send a message when registration opens? Well it didn't, at least not for me. Anyway, I registered now. The registration system seems good but I wonder how long I'll have to wait for my character to be born.

I think there's a queue position slot.

Recently, though, the first two people had sextuplets, so maybe there will be more of those ;)
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm

He posted on the forum that he decided to give the forum-members a chance to register first. A small gift, I guess. I hope I can play soon. ^^
Read about my characters by following this link.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 pm

I signed up for it.... Though I'm pretty worried at what I see so far.

I signed up because I thought it'd be awesome to roleplay in a fantasy world, as if it was a reality.

Going by the bits I've seen on the forums, anyone who's signed up for FTO that hasn't has a Cantr background seems almost completely against strictly in-game knowledge for RP purposes.

I hope this isn't the case, but it seems like it'll turn out to be just another online MMO, just with a couple extra features and a family tree.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Well I think it's pretty cool. It's quite different from Cantr. Although I still don't know how long a month of game time will take in real time. Hopefully not too long. It could be made faster.
Not-so-sad panda
Mr. Black
Location: Fighting bandanna-wearing AK-47 firing pickles in Zimbabwe

Postby Mr. Black » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Ok, this is actually looking interesting. I registered, and am signing up for the forums under my usual handle;

<-
PLAYER STATS

NAME: Mr. Black
LIKES: Hard rock, metal, playing both, Cantr, the internet, and whiskey.
HATES: His apartment, lizards, snakes, being told what to do.
STR: -2
AGI: -10
INT: +10
RCK: >9000
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:55 pm

You might want to have that incubator link to your profile so that people can visit it without having to type the url.

Edit: What-the? I could swear I posted this message in the Dragon cave topic. :?

Edit2: Oh, now I realized what happened, never mind.
Last edited by SekoETC on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not-so-sad panda
lordcooper

Postby lordcooper » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Signed up for FTO and on the forums.

Going under the name lc
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Signed up because I ran out of minutes. I'm currently #133 in the birth queue. How long do I have to wait?
Pretty in pink.
Andu

Postby Andu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Propably a month.

At least.
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Nah, I'd say a week (maybe two) if the speeding up Lumin talked about will occur soon.
Read about my characters by following this link.
BarbaricAvatar

Postby BarbaricAvatar » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:15 pm

I find it quite funny that with all the problems Cantr's having at the moment, FTO could benefit greatly. Except it's hindered with an incredibly dumb spawning system that forces you to wait 4 months after signup until you can actually play.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 pm

Well currently the game isn't quite finished yet so the characters (at least in my location) rely on divine intervention just to avoid starving to death. If there were more settlements, the goddess couldn't look after all of them and people might end up dying due to lack of resources or lack of knowledge where to find them. Wouldn't you rather wait that the current population develops a culture that can support life?
Not-so-sad panda
Andu

Postby Andu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:46 am

Okay, I found a way to supply my location with food but seko is right, it is half-finished, and that's why he calls it a beta... :o

First day I logged in on FTO more often/spend more time n FTO than cantr(partly cause of the lag :? )
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
chase02

Postby chase02 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 am

SekoETC wrote:characters (at least in my location) rely on divine intervention just to avoid starving to death.

Wow. I am stunned he's put it in beta if that is the case! Premature, much?

I also think that 4 month estimate isn't far off. I'm well down the queue and have only moved 3 places in as many weeks. Ouch.
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:13 am

chase02 wrote:
SekoETC wrote:characters (at least in my location) rely on divine intervention just to avoid starving to death.

Wow. I am stunned he's put it in beta if that is the case! Premature, much?

I also think that 4 month estimate isn't far off. I'm well down the queue and have only moved 3 places in as many weeks. Ouch.

There were some errors with the sight.

And the reason it's going slow at the moment is because there are only two couples giving birth... it'll speed up once more people are in the game and grown up.

Return to “Non-Forum Games”