Other games similar to CANTR?

This forum is for discussion and advertising of games not related to Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re:

Postby SekoETC » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 am

lordcooper wrote:lol, no luck.

Worse still, I got a kindred. I mean wtf, I only wanted to play cause it was fantasy...

There is a thread on FTO forums for swapping accounts. I'm sure there are many people who would rather play a kindred than some weird creature.
Not-so-sad panda
nitefyre

Re: Other games similar to CANTR?

Postby nitefyre » Thu May 06, 2010 11:33 pm

redRob

Postby redRob » Sat May 15, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm going to give FTO another try but....Getting tired of having characters killed off after 3-4 days of inactivity...I really think FTO's just a hangout for people with infanticide obsessions.

Seriously, you can only "bond" so much with parental characters through emoting "waa waa waa" and jibberish eighteen times a day...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat May 15, 2010 9:08 pm

You do know how to emote, right...? Babytalk doesn't convey much character but I had a baby once that sucked on her fists when she was hungry, and she talked very little, and one time when we were sad, she stood up and took her first steps and that was so cute because she seemed so determined in my imagination, but then she unfortunately fell asleep and died. That was very sad. Anyway, you can emote with asterisks just as long as there's no speech on the same line because that makes the whole line get filtered.
Not-so-sad panda
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am

OMG this post is still busy hehehehe I have returned to fto, my first try went nowhere. this time the game is much busier!
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed May 19, 2010 10:46 am

I never played fto, I was going to many months ago. But I already spend too much time on Cantr.
There is no rule that says I can't post as much I want. I asked my lawyer.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed May 19, 2010 12:16 pm

On FTO, somehow I still have the first character I created and ended up with a mate and 7 children. My first 30 years consisted mostly of building a road and making enough food. You actually have to be active in order to make food efficiently.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:On FTO, somehow I still have the first character I created and ended up with a mate and 7 children. My first 30 years consisted mostly of building a road and making enough food. You actually have to be active in order to make food efficiently.

How active do you have to be to make food efficiently? Just once a day or more often?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed May 19, 2010 12:44 pm

When I played, you need to be awake when your project finishes, or your food will either be stolen by your family or rot by time to log in again. One of the many, many reasons I quit.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Wed May 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Doug R. wrote:When I played, you need to be awake when your project finishes, or your food will either be stolen by your family or rot by time to log in again. One of the many, many reasons I quit.

That sucks... I was going to play but I read certain things on the forum of that site about things in the game and I didn't like the sound of that. Besides Cantr is already enough to do for me.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed May 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Nowadays if you start a project, the outcome will also end up in your inventory. It will only end up on the ground if someone else started it, and you could just disassemble it and start a new project to make it your project. (Disassembling returns the resources on the ground.) They say a fire lasts half a day but I have trouble keeping it going. I wish there was a way to queue things up to a real life day. In the past it was possible to cook food even though you didn't have a fire as long as there had been a fire when you started it, but a few days back my project said it's not making any progress so I guess they fixed the exploit.
Not-so-sad panda
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Thu May 20, 2010 5:10 am

with cantr down again I am glad i have FTO :)
anyone know how long it will be down for this time?
Taralyn

Postby Taralyn » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:58 am

right, well fto is not filling nearly enough of the space, time to look back through this thread and try out all the suggestions :)))
Oob

Postby Oob » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm enjoying Dawntide sort of a 3D graphic version of Cantr plus a bit of fantasy+magic. Lacking the serious RPing element of Cantr but fun none the less.
oddedd

Postby oddedd » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:08 am

Have I sinned? Cantr and FTO Down? I mean c'mon!

Return to “Non-Forum Games”