Animals

Off-game–keskustelupalsta suomenkielisille pelaajille

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Animals

Postby Doug R. » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 am

Greetings! I'm the new Resource Department Shepherd, charged with keeping watch over the animals in Cantr. I'm starting this thread so I can get feedback from all the language groups about the animal situations on their islands. Your feedback is appreciated, even if (especially if) everything is perfect (if it's not broke, don't fix it).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:39 am

Translation wrote:Doug R sanoo: "Tervehdys! Minä olen uusi Resurssiosaston Paimen joka pitää huolta Cantrin eläimistä. Aloitan tämän ketjun jotta voisin saada palautetta kaikilta kieliryhmiltä heidän omien saartensa eläintilanteesta. Palautettasi arvostetaan, myös siinä tapauksessa (erityisesti silloin) kun kaikki on hyvin (jos missään ei ole vikaa niin ei tarvitse korjata)."

According to my experience, the animals are behaving very nicely on the Finnish region. I've only seen one animal attack so far, and it was by some less dangerous animal (maybe a moose). We have bears and rhinos but so far those have been totally calm. Also there tends to be no more than 1-2 per location. Other animals there are plenty of.
Not-so-sad panda
Yömyssy

Postby Yömyssy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:00 pm

I've seen a rhino attack once, but thats it. I think the Finnish region is fine.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:10 am

Agreed. Plentiful and peaceful. If anything, I think we should poke the karhu a little bit more for some adventure. ;)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 pm

All, this is very preliminary, but I wanted to put it out there in advance.

My efforts at individualizing each island are speeding up, and the island you are on is going to get much "colder". I've had specific requests for reindeer and hedgehogs, but the problem is, I have no idea where you folks live. Your island is huge, and while I can see where characters are on it, I can't see -who- they are. Do you have in-game maps of your region that I could attempt to match up with my animal map tool? If so, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Also, if there are any animals currently that you are particularly attached to, let me know now before I take them away.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:08 am

Wichi said he's attached to the cows but I'm not sure if he was being serious.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:00 am

Do the Fins do much traveling around their region, or do you tend to stay put? Are there areas far away from your core settlements that you frequent regularly? How often do you go wandering in the swamps? Do you sail on the water?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:29 pm

At least my two characters travel a lot. I don't know about the other people, there used to be some traveling around Välipelto (one of the spawn places), mainly in the forests around it, while Parikkala (the other spawn location, the one with cucumbers) was pretty dead.

One of my charries made a longboat on a lake, but I'm not sure if it makes much sense since even though it's a big lake, a lake is still a lake. I don't think other people have boats but this is just my guess.

Swamps are not a pleasant place with the lack of resources. Generally my characters move as soon as they notice there are no resources. But finding a rabbit and a pelican totally saved my butt on one swamp, was three days away from starving to death. So more swamp animals might be a good idea, seeing that those places are utterly useless otherwise. Cranes would be nice. Also I still think it would be fitting to replace rabbits with hares, especially if the climate is gonna swap to cold.
Not-so-sad panda
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:15 pm

Uskon nyt että kaikki suomalaiset ovat matkustajat. :?

I believe now that all Finns are travellers.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Matkustaja is more like passenger, vaeltaja (wanderer) would be better. :)
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:46 pm

wichita wrote:
I believe now that all Finns are travellers.

That makes placing animals problematic :(

Return to “Suomalaiset Pelaajat (Finnish)”