Translation Issues

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

johntsai

Translation Issues

Postby johntsai » Wed May 31, 2006 1:59 am

I just want to ask those who have been playing in Chinese regions, has anyone noticed anything that might have been translated incorrectly or something?

I'm still working on translating the materials, so I'll be getting to that...

somethings that can not be translated at this time are the animals, and the project names you see on your character event page....

John
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:17 pm

The only problems I saw so far are these:

1551-3.31: Farming to get potatoes计划完成.

1552-0.05: 你看见一位二十几岁的男人拿起some 马铃薯.

Thanks for your help!
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:06 pm

In johntsai's defence, those things cannot be translated at all yet do to programming limits. As soon as ProgD gives access, I am sure it will be taken care of. I have to say, the Chinese area was translated amazingly quickly and thoroughly. It is very impressive. :D
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:59 am

thanks, fatamorgana and Wichita

I think I can translate 'some'.... I'll have to find it among what's left there...

and as Wichita mentioned, the 'action part' like 'farming to get potatoes' things like that, needs to wait until ProgD can figure out how to do it... I believe it's the same in all language area. (same goes for the animals)

and thanks Wichita! :o

John
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:35 am

so any other players in the Chinese regions, please continue to let me know what you see that can be improve or changed.... thanks!

(keep in mind that animals, and project names are unable to be translated at this moment...)

John
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:06 pm

before I asked in the General Support section...

has anyone else done any traveling in the Chinese region yet? I noticed that when I travel in between towns (both of which I have been to, and have names for them), I do not see the % travel on the character page, but I do see it on the player page.

I do not have this problem with my English characters... has anyone else noticed this?

(sorry, it's easier to type this in English.... :P )
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:48 pm

My character has done some exploring in the Chinese area and some of the towns have names too! But I don't think there are any very developed towns yet, everything's very quiet.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:09 pm

I am very excited to play in a fresh new region. :D I appreciate the quiet, since I am still learning the language! :lol: It is off to a good start, and my chinese character is my favorite to play at the moment.

I hope that we can all manage to put together a fresh and unique "culture" in the chinese region. I think that is part of the appeal to me at the moment, with everything completely blank, ready for a new world to be born on it. :D
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:25 am

Another little error: 泥小屋 (little mud house) should preferably be written as 小泥屋. Thanks a lot!
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks, Fatamorgana,

I'll change that in a day or so when I get the chance....

John
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:34 am

"用旧的 骨头刀" (used bone knife in English, translated as 'using an old bone knife' in Chinese) should be "损坏的骨头刀" ('damaged/worn bone knife' in Chinese). The exact translation, "被用过的骨头刀" ('used bone knife' in Chinese) sounds weird in Chinese.

Haha sorry for the multiple parentheses!

Oh, and the title of this thread could be changed to "Chinese Translation Errors in Cantr" or something more accurate...I took quite a while to relocate it.

EDIT - Done - thread title changed by Chris Johnson
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:49 am

actually, it might also be depending on where you are.... 用舊的xxx or 用過的xxx does not sound that strange to me....

how about '小损的xxx'? because '损坏' sounds like it's almost broken, but it's technically only the middle level with in the game. (there are still 'often-used', 'old' and 'crumbling' ) So it shouldn't sounded so broken at this stage.

Chris, can you confirm that this is the right phase?

brand new - new - used - often used - old - crumbling?

John
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:03 am

Yes these are correct
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:43 pm

johntsai wrote:actually, it might also be depending on where you are.... 用舊的xxx or 用過的xxx does not sound that strange to me....

how about '小损的xxx'? because '损坏' sounds like it's almost broken, but it's technically only the middle level with in the game. (there are still 'often-used', 'old' and 'crumbling' ) So it shouldn't sounded so broken at this stage.

Hmm 用過的xxx sounds okay to me! Yup I think it's regional differences.
Even though I've never heard the phrase 小损 in real life, 小损的xxx is good too for the purposes of the different levels of wear and tear.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:00 pm

I've justed translated fruit saland into 水果沙拉

Salad=沙拉

沙拉 (Sa Lat) is Salad in Hong Kong Cantonese (which is borrow from a english word) but is in Manderin they use 沙拉 as Salad or something else? Because I know some english borrowed chinese words are same in cantonese and manderin but some aren''t so I am not sure.

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”