players in the region

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

johntsai

players in the region

Postby johntsai » Sun May 21, 2006 9:08 am

我们如何知道在中文区的玩家都真的会中文, 而不是为了找新地方来玩而不会说中文?

how do we know the players in the region are actully players that can or understand Chinese, and not just players who want to start and play in a new regions?
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun May 21, 2006 9:15 am

Characters should only be created in language areas where the player has a certain level of understanding of the language in question - they don't have to be fluent but some level of ability is required.

If you feel there are characters who are non-chinese speaking then report the details to the player department (players@cantr.net) and they will take it further
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sun May 21, 2006 9:24 am

thanks Chris!

it's just that there are some characters who I still have not heard anything from, even after repeated greetings and inquiry... they just kept gathering resources..... (I've since have gave up and are now moving around checking things)
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:00 pm

I must apologize for the quietness of my character. I am not up to speed on reading characters, most of my focus as been on PinYin and spoken Mandarin, so it takes a lot of work for me to interpret and catch up. Life is really busy so not a lot of conversation out of any of my characters. :(

But I agree, many have been really quiet, though not disruptive, thankfully.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:54 am

Wichita, don't worry... just learn as you go! :) I think you are doing a great job! :o
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:46 pm

谢谢你! :)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:40 am

I only speak cantonese, my dad speaks 台山话 and cantonese, and my mom speaks cantonese and some manderin.

Im not really interested in learning in manderin, but I do want to learn, its just our teacher is wierd and all we do is b p m f d t n l g k h.....etc every class.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:54 am

Lychee,

that sounded like the teacher is teaching the 'alphabet' for the Chinese.... :o at least that's what I think it is...

once you get that down, you will be able to type using the 注音 method... :D
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:08 am

johntsai wrote:Lychee,

that sounded like the teacher is teaching the 'alphabet' for the Chinese.... :o at least that's what I think it is...

once you get that down, you will be able to type using the 注音 method... :D

注音是什么吗?
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:03 am

注音 is the type of 'alphabet' that some of us learned....is the traditional characters version of the ABC...

what you sees as:
b p m f d t n l g k h

in traditional 注音 are:

ㄅ ㄆ ㄇ ㄈ ㄉ ㄊ ㄋ ㄌ ㄍ ㄎ ㄏ 36 sounds in all..... :o
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:50 am

bpmf is what all of my chinese coworkers have told me I should focus on while I study. :)
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:11 am

johntsai wrote:注音 is the type of 'alphabet' that some of us learned....is the traditional characters version of the ABC...

what you sees as:
b p m f d t n l g k h

in traditional 注音 are:

ㄅ ㄆ ㄇ ㄈ ㄉ ㄊ ㄋ ㄌ ㄍ ㄎ ㄏ 36 sounds in all..... :o

I see. Thanks : D.

你姓什么吗?i was just wondering what it is. 我姓黄。
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:38 am

Chris Johnson wrote:Characters should only be created in language areas where the player has a certain level of understanding of the language in question - they don't have to be fluent but some level of ability is required.

If you feel there are characters who are non-chinese speaking then report the details to the player department (players@cantr.net) and they will take it further

There's this guy in a Chinese-speaking area who is killing himself, and I guess that's because he can't speak Chinese. Any way to prevent that?
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:19 am

fatamorgana wrote:There's this guy in a Chinese-speaking area who is killing himself, and I guess that's because he can't speak Chinese. Any way to prevent that?

I guess you can try to talk to the person OOC, and see what trouble is he or she having? then maybe they can contact PD about it...
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:38 am

my chinese caracter is generally pretty quiet for three resons:
1. I'm too lazy to switch the settings to chinese just to type a sentance unless it's really important
2. If I want to say something but don't know the some of the caracters and I'm to lazy to look it up
3. my character is the only character in that location :lol:
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”