Animals/动物

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Animals/动物

Postby Doug R. » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:13 am

Greetings! I'm the new Resource Department Shepherd, charged with keeping watch over the animals in Cantr. I'm starting this thread so I can get feedback from all the language groups about the animal situations on their islands. Your feedback is appreciated, even if (especially if) everything is perfect (if it's not broke, don't fix it).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:13 am

I killed two rhinos with a bone spear so far. :) I had one character that got gored by rhinos a couple of times, and scarabs also found him to be quite tasty. I think the scarabs are probably only out of control animal in the region.

The lack of any animals that yield sinew has been an interesting thing, in terms of cultural development. :) It really limits the technology in certain ways, giving the Chinese region a little character, in my opinion.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:42 am

I agree with Wichi...in that scarab are out of control... I also notice that in some of the locations in the Chinese region, the rhinos also seems to be out of control as well.... while most of the 'nicer' animals have a fairly low population.

Sinew...geez..... what a sore point for the region... I finally have a character who actually killed off animal that had sinew...I think... but it was the only time I've seen those animals.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 pm

I guess then your need to discuss among yourselves whether or not you want the sinew issue addressed. I'll keep it off my list until then.
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:59 am

I agree with wichi that the lack of sinew gives our region some uniqueness. :)
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:17 pm

Did the Chinese region change? I see that there are Buffalo in all locations marked as Chinese language, which means you have sinew...
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:28 pm

^__^ Yes, we have sinew and now we can make clothes. haha and of course other things.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:32 pm

May I ask how that happened? Did they just migrate in over time? Do you want the sinew? I can remove it if you want your area's unique character back.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:23 am

I believe they just appeared around when the animals were re-done, Doug... since it appeared in many location all at once.

Sinew is good... although the few Zebra was already providing sinew back then. (can't say lack of sinew is a uniqueness, as it made life really hard... but that's what was different) I would say let the Buffalo stay... :)
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:29 am

Yeah, I'm fine with them. It is still taking some work to get the sinew, and it is a necessary resource in the long run, so things are just fine in Cantrian China.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:21 pm

I haven't redone the animals in the Chinese area ;-)

That's why I was so surprised.

The island that the Chinese are on is huge, so it's possible that the new overcrowding measures that were implemented forced them into new parts of the island. It was inevitable, I suppose. I just can't believe it took this long.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:18 am

I've seen that the Chinese are pretty spread out. Are all the locations permanently settled, or do you have an explorer about?
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:19 am

Doug R. wrote:I've seen that the Chinese are pretty spread out. Are all the locations permanently settled, or do you have an explorer about?

I think there are a few settlers and some explorers about.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm starting to do your new fauna. Do you want Pandas? I understand that there could be some distaste in being able to attack them.
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:36 am

Doug R. wrote:I'm starting to do your new fauna. Do you want Pandas? I understand that there could be some distaste in being able to attack them.

More like being attacked from them :shock:

Places can always set up laws to prevent certain animals from being attacked. And my charries don't have a problem in attacking sheep and rabbits :p

But I can see what you mean; the cultural aspect of pandas. I don't think there is a problem, like I said above, people can always make hunting laws.

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”