fossil is uncovered...

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Appleide

fossil is uncovered...

Postby Appleide » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:24 am

I am cantonese who was playing cantr over a year ago (same join date as sekoetc). I just noticed there is a chinese forum so I thought to make a post here.
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:49 am

It's great that you found us :) I hope you're playing in the chinese region :D We are very primitive though. :(
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Very primitive. Some of us can hardly talk. :( We need to recruit more native speakers to help out, I think.

Actually, I am not familiar with written Cantonese. I have heard it is possible for Cantonese speakers to make some sense of written Mandarin and vice versa. Is that at all or at least partially true? Could we all get along in Cantr, or could there be a chance that we could two groups of ethnic Chinese in the Cantr world bickering with each other or getting along quite happily? :)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:40 am

Cantonese won't make sense in written chinese. Like 好鍾意 means I like much or 乜嘢呀 means what and theres wierd Hong Kong chatspeak like hea and kakit.

wichita wrote:
Actually, I am not familiar with written Cantonese. I have heard it is possible for Cantonese speakers to make some sense of written Mandarin and vice versa. Is that at all or at least partially true?

Cantonese speakers learn written Mandarin. We learn 的 but when we talk we use 个.

I swore alot in front of wichi's charrie in Cantonese but since he didn't understand I stopped speaking cantonese becuase no one understood and i was sad.
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:23 am

It'd be interesting to learn Hong Kong chatspeak or Chinese chatspeak, not to use in game but something to learn/understand about the chinese culture.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:26 am

Lychee wrote:I swore alot in front of wichi's charrie in Cantonese but since he didn't understand I stopped speaking cantonese becuase no one understood and i was sad.
Awwww :( If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't have understood if you were swearing in Mandarin either. ;) It would be nice to see some conversations taking off between other characters. I am struggling to keep it interesting enough until we can start to have more growth. :(
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Appleide

Postby Appleide » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:59 am

ahem... as in I stopped playing over a year ago... sorry guys... cantr ate too much into my time, which is now spent making money. (I still go to high school and have to work to get money myself...) I use only trad. chinese, which is unreadable to most simp.chinese people. I can understand 70% of the simplified characters corresponding to the traditional chinese I know. Keep in mind that my chinese is only Year 6 level. But its still almost a thousand characters.
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:50 am

Awwe.. that's too bad Appleide :(, but it's good that your time is speant going to an education and making money :)

Lychee and I are also more familiar with the chinese trad. characters. The chinese simp. characters seem to be really simple like they are lacking something but we play because we can learn simplified characters and more pinyin.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:41 am

Awwww Sad If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't have understood if you were swearing in Mandarin either. Wink It would be nice to see some conversations taking off between other characters. I am struggling to keep it interesting enough until we can start to have more growth.

Too bad peoples who can't play much.

lol we need more Chinese charries, then, my Charrie can carry out his plan and crown himself king...when he finds that Hemitite...

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”