Zhongwen Media

中文玩家-角色外讨论区

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Torkess_theCommie

Zhongwen Media

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:04 pm

This is where we can share some of the 中文media we've seen or heard. (ie. music, movies, pictures, podcasts, audio lessons, visual lessons)

I guess I'll make a list of some chinese media, some will be cantonese stuff. If I ever do find a download link or something I'll add that too. Please feel free to share what you've found :)

老鼠爱大米 - Pretty good song, is available in both mandarin and cantonese. Pretty repetative, so good to listen to if trying to learn like 3 words :p
http://www.qwlove.com/upfile/mp3/200512728729485.mp3

少林足球 - Shaolin Soccer, I'm pretty sure most of you guys have watched this. Can be dubbed into english or manderin, if you have a SVCD or DVD.
http://lib.verycd.com/2003/12/01/0000001268.html
Note: you need to use EMULE file sharing to get this.

功夫 - Kung Fu Hustle, yet another Stephen Chow movie, also can be found in mandarin dubbed edition.

Here's a list of chinese search engines I use, can't remember some, but here they are:

http://www.baidu.com - Like a regular search engine
http://www.verycd.com - searches up downloads available on EMULE
http://www.asianload.com - Asian movies, the site is in english, also uses EMULE.

---

UPDATE - October 20th, 2006.

Okies, I remembered that my aunt from Hong Kong had sent us these Mandarin childrens song CDs and I went to look for them and decided to put this one song up. It's the bpmf chinese pinyin alphabet. I thought it was kinda cute, so I'm putting it up here. Funny thing is that, this time I actually know what the CDs are about, because she sent them to us about 5 years ago when we knew of mandarin but had no clue about it.

Last edited by Torkess_theCommie on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
johntsai

Postby johntsai » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:42 am

I like both of those movies.... pretty funny stuff....

It's strange how so many Asian kids (sorry for using the term kids :p ) listens to Asian musics while they grew up in the western culture, while me, although I've only moved back to Asia for a few years, still am not used to the kind of musics here..... :p
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:36 pm

I personally don't listen to much asian music, just the odd one I hear on fairchild TV and decide it sounds good.

Andy Lau's music tends to be pretty good. My parents like Hacken Lee's older songs. But yea, kinda really depends on your cultural interest.

---

EDIT:
I guess it doesn't bump when you make edits to first post?
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:29 am

Torkess_theCommie wrote:
EDIT:
I guess it doesn't bump when you make edits to first post?

I guess not..
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:37 am

Who are your favourite Chinese/Taiwanese/Hong Kong/Singaporean(?) singers?
I listen more to these Taiwanese singers: Jay Chou (周杰伦), Zhang Hui-mei (Amei) (张惠妹) Angela Zhang (张韶翰) and Nanquan Mama (南拳妈妈).

I also like these Singaporean singers: Lin Jun Jie (林俊杰), Stefanie Sun Yanzi (孙燕姿), Tanya Chua (蔡健雅) [Stefanie and Tanya are good friends] and newcomer Kaira Gong (龚诗嘉) :) I think all of them sing well, except for Nanquan Mama who are improving- there are many other Taiwanese and Singaporean bubblegum C-pop singers whom I don't like but have a rabid following in both countries, ergh. ^_^"

All of them can be found on Youtube of course, if you want a sampling :)
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:48 am

Thanks fatamorgana :D, I'll look them up sometime this weekend.

Well I'm not much into the chinese music culture, but I probably like the Hong Kong singers most. I don't listen to the pop singers now, but I like the singers from a long time ago. My favorite is Sam Hui, he sings awsome political like music. The last pop singer I listened to was Ella Kwun, but it was really random. I'm more of heavy metal, classical guitar person, but I don't see any that I like that are chinese.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:41 am

I think HK singers are amazingly wierdness because they are, they all commit suicide because they think they not famous enough .
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:31 am

http://shan3.com/3works/index3/xwz/home.htm

This is "The Little Prince" or "Le Petit Prince" in 中文!

小王子

It's all online, in the browser, so no downloading needed =)
fatamorgana

Postby fatamorgana » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:15 am

Lychee wrote:I think HK singers are amazingly wierdness because they are, they all commit suicide because they think they not famous enough .

Okay, isn't that generalising? All of them commit suicide?

And that's not very respectful to the memory of Leslie Cheung (张国荣) either.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:56 am

fatamorgana wrote:
Lychee wrote:I think HK singers are amazingly wierdness because they are, they all commit suicide because they think they not famous enough .

Okay, isn't that generalising? All of them commit suicide?

And that's not very respectful to the memory of Leslie Cheung (张国荣) either.

Sorry if I generalized or it offended you.

Anyways does anyone watch any TVB ? or ATV? though I think they both are based in H ong Kong but most of their series are translated.
Torkess_theCommie

Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:37 am

I found the "Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese" lessons and tried the first one and it was great! These are really good lessons and IMO the one I tried did help improve my pronunciation.

I'll update this post whenever I can upload more lessons. =)

Full Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese 1 Lesson. 1-30
"Pimsleur Mandarin I.zip" (280.33 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PW8XX4KI

~ UPDATE MARCH 25th 2007 ~

Deleted the single lessons and replaced them because I don't think the links work anymore. They're now replaced with lessons in groups of 5.

You'll also notice that the file sizes differ by alot, this is because I downloaded these by bittorrent and the torrent had some lessons missing so I had to find these missing pieces from different sources and compiled them together as one full set.

Last edited by Torkess_theCommie on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lychee

Re: Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese

Postby Lychee » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:26 am

Torkess_theCommie wrote:I found the "Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese" lessons and tried the first one and it was great! These are really good lessons and IMO the one I tried did help improve my pronunciation.

I'll update this post whenever I can upload more lessons. =)

is it only for mandarin, or there other languages too? like frenchs?
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:39 am

Yes, there are many different Pimsleur lessons for different langauges such as:

Spanish, Italian, French, Russian, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, English for Cantonese Speakers and much more.
Lychee

Postby Lychee » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:44 am

http://www.mcdull.hk/download/MoonLight ... htLight.ra

The song is called 《月光光》 (yue guang guang or Yuet Gwong Gwong)
Torkess_theCommie

Postby Torkess_theCommie » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:57 am

Okies, updated the pimsleur lessons. Gahh.. I should be more active.. I should speak chinese.

Okay, here is my attempt:

我上栽新国语文件(Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese) 给你们听!^_^
我要多来一点这里!

Return to “中文玩家 (Chinese)”