Spawn Points

Out-of-character discussion forum for Portuguese-speaking players

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Players Department Trainee

Voltenion
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am
Location: "Portugalija" como dizem alguns filhos da mãe
Contact:

Postby Voltenion » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:05 pm

I ran some queries and the six locations with most Portuguese chars who have been active within four days are: Lusitânia, Santana, Mil Cavernas, Nohuan/Nohum, Terra Rica and Praia do Galeão/Nova Esperança.


Of those locations 3 are in our island and the other 3 are outside. We wanted a 60% majority at least. So, if could please take out Terra Rica, as it is not a town (it isn't, it's only a location where people keep on spawning) and substitute it with a town in our Island (where Lusitânia, Mil-Cavernas e Porto de Nova Esperança (Praia do Galeão) are.
What we want is to have more population on nearby towns of ours. Terra Rica, Santana e Nohum are not near any other Portuguese known towns, so thats why we are reluctant to chose them. We want our towns to interact with each other, so it's not really about the town or how numbered it is but how close it is to another town of ours. Was I clear or was it too confusing?

Anyway, could it be 6 spawning points instead of 5? It would be better in my opinion to have a bigger amount of towns with spawning characters. More diversity.
But still, if we could vote on what towns to chose that would be sufficient to make us happy :P Since the number of inhabitants can be inaccurate (the example being Terra Rica, which is not a town, I repeat.) our opinion as a group should be more important than the statistics.
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
User avatar
Doug R.
Posts: 14856
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Doug R. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:14 pm

You can certainly suggest 6 spawn points on your home island. I can't guarantee that they'll be chosen, but go ahead and suggest. It can't hurt. If you can, rank them in order of preference.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Voltenion
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am
Location: "Portugalija" como dizem alguns filhos da mãe
Contact:

Postby Voltenion » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Wait, you give us 6 spawn points in total, right? So we'd vote fora 4/2 (4 in our land and 2 outside).

We are voting now. I understand that, maybe, not all of them will be chosen but I would like to reassure you that we are going to chose those spawn points carefully and they are going to be well discussed. After all they are our towns and we know them better than the statistics :)
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
User avatar
SekoETC
Posts: 15501
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:07 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:06 pm

No one is forcing you to select spawn points outside the island. If most people agree that the other island (Fu Put) sucks and no one wants to live there then we can put all the spawn points on one island.

Here's what I can see from the database:

Lusitânia, 22 people
Porto de Nova Esperança, 6 people
Buffalus, 5 people
Floresta de Lusitânia, 5 people
Apolliana, 4 people
Mil-Cavernas, 4 people
Apolodoro, 3 people
Aracati/Feanor, 2 people
Floresta de Kolchak, 2 people
Vila de Moebius, 1 person
Jonasine, 1 person

It doesn't count people in buildings or vehicles or ones that are traveling. There are Lithuanians living in 7 locations and the rest are empty.
Not-so-sad panda
User avatar
Doug R.
Posts: 14856
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Doug R. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Seko, Jos is the one that is making the final decision on this. While we may favor doing what they ask, he may decide differently. That's why I want to stress that nothing is being promised.

Regardless, this is only temporary until dynamic spawning is improved, which I hope is now a top priority.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Voltenion
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am
Location: "Portugalija" como dizem alguns filhos da mãe
Contact:

Postby Voltenion » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Doug R. wrote:Regardless, this is only temporary until dynamic spawning is improved, which I hope is now a top priority.


By the way, did you read the other suggestion we were discussing here? I'd like to know if it was possible to implement (the" higher probability of spawning in an island over any other" one).
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
User avatar
Doug R.
Posts: 14856
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Doug R. » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:06 pm

You said you want 4 on your home island, and 2 off. I saw that, yes.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Voltenion
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am
Location: "Portugalija" como dizem alguns filhos da mãe
Contact:

Postby Voltenion » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

:lol: I'm glad you saw that, but here's what I wanted you to read:


Voltenion wrote:Also, since I believe you are currently looking for a change to the spawning system, the option two we had was keeping the same system but with an attraction percentage. That means, the characters we spawn have an higher chance of spawning in our main island. That might work with the other places, since it would not cut the spawns to towns in the foreign islands but it would lower it down significantly. That would work with all the other nations too I think. We didn't vote for this one because we are not sure this can be implemented or if it is that accurate (since the current system already has a percentage to the more populated areas, yet that is not what happens most of the times).
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
User avatar
Doug R.
Posts: 14856
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Doug R. » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:06 pm

I doubt something like that will be implemented.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
User avatar
viktor
Posts: 918
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:36 pm
Location: winnipeg, manitoba, canada

Postby viktor » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 pm

(is not portuguese but...)
hmm too bad looks like a great idea, i mean, with a 60% chance of spawning at an original spawnpoint for your language group and a 40% chance of spawning randomly in a non pointed town with 2+ of your language there sounds great, it ensure no one languagegets too dilute, as well it doesn't deprive certain locations newspawns they may desperatly need to get any advancement
User avatar
SekoETC
Posts: 15501
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 11:07 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Postby SekoETC » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Even in real life colonies used to rely on new people moving in from the old country. I just read about a Swedish colony in America I think in the 1600s and they were doing very good for a while, but no one wanted to move there so they only got criminals and Finns that were forced to move there, and eventually they lost to the Dutch since they didn't get enough support from the old world. So if colonies in Fu Put weren't made into spawn towns (and it seems like a reasonable suggestion if they're full of sleepers and not even considered real towns) they would deserve to die out without trade with the original Portuguese island. Most likely no one actively decided to settle there, some explorers just stopped to gather resources and accidentally made people spawn. If people were upset by the harsh conditions, they just left their characters to starve to death, giving at least 20 days for new people to spawn and get bored in the silence and inactivity. Naturally I don't know your history, but it sounds like a normal way things go in Cantr.
Edit: While if the colony was thriving despite getting any natural spawns, it could eventually be turned into a spawning location.
Not-so-sad panda
Voltenion
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am
Location: "Portugalija" como dizem alguns filhos da mãe
Contact:

Postby Voltenion » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:27 pm

These are our suggestions:

Lusitânia
Mil Cavernas
Porto Nova Esperança
Apolodoro

Brama
Vale do Sono


Thanks for the attention.

And yes Seko it's basically that and the people who ran away from the Lithuanians. They created all those separated towns in Fu Put.

hmm too bad looks like a great idea, i mean, with a 60% chance of spawning at an original spawnpoint for your language group and a 40% chance of spawning randomly in a non pointed town with 2+ of your language there sounds great, it ensure no one languagegets too dilute, as well it doesn't deprive certain locations newspawns they may desperatly need to get any advancement


It wouldn't have the spawn points. It would just be this current system with another "probability" of spawning. (this one has a lot already like the probability of spawning in an place with a lot of population or spawning in distant places from your characters) It would not be in the spawnpoints but just in your mainland ( there would have to be a way for the system to recognize a nation's island). But Doug disfavours and it's probably impossible to code.
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
User avatar
Doug R.
Posts: 14856
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Doug R. » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 am

Seko, can you get me the location IDs please? I only have half from the PM you sent me.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Voltenion
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:52 am
Location: "Portugalija" como dizem alguns filhos da mãe
Contact:

Postby Voltenion » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm

How is this going, Doug?
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
User avatar
Doug R.
Posts: 14856
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby Doug R. » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:45 am

So, it's been about a week with the fixed spawn points. Is it everything you hoped it would be?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Português (Portuguese)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests