Spawn Points

Out-of-character discussion forum for Portuguese-speaking players

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Spawn Points

Postby Doug R. » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Please list suggestions for fixed (hard-coded) spawn points here.

Can someone translate please?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Tradução:

Por favor, enumerem as sugestões de pontos fixos de nascimento (codificados) aqui.

Observação: continuemos a discutir quais os possíveis pontos em nosso tópico original, reservando este apenas para a conclusão obtida.
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Gran

Postby Gran » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Doug, can't the population spread be checked by the staff? Even with lots of suggestions, we might forget one place or another that may deserve a point. Maybe checking places where iron was made by the inhabitants (is that check-able?).
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:24 pm

We are discussing this and will post here later our decision. I'm sorry but you caught us surprised with this as we never expected (at least some of us) you'd ask where we wanted our spawn points. Although it does make sense.
We need a number, though. Can you tell us how many spawn locations you are ready to create for us? So we can distribute them the best way we can.

Thank you, Doug, by the way :)
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Of course things will be analyzed for spread, etc. We're just looking for your input at this very early stage.

It's often been the case where we appear to have overwhelming support for something, only to find that we don't when it's implemented. Could you please provide a list of account numbers of the players that are in agreement with your proposal? It would be like a petition.

And as always, don't get too excited until it's actually done.
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Well, we all wanted to do something about the spawning system. We had two options, the spawn points idea won with 60% of the votes.
We in the forum are the majority of active players, at least that's what we all see from playing the game everyday. The statistics are so strange that we hardly believe there are actually around 100 players when so few seem to play. But, in case you think a more precise "election" should go on with as much Portuguese players as possible (so including the players that don't use our forum but do play the game) then we ask you to send a message IG to them all so that we could all vote.
If you agree with this, please warn us here before so that someone can create a topic and forward the ideas with the arguments. Or else those players might come before it's all prepared and never come back.

Also, since I believe you are currently looking for a change to the spawning system, the option two we had was keeping the same system but with an attraction percentage. That means, the characters we spawn have an higher chance of spawning in our main island. That might work with the other places, since it would not cut the spawns to towns in the foreign islands but it would lower it down significantly. That would work with all the other nations too I think. We didn't vote for this one because we are not sure this can be implemented or if it is that accurate (since the current system already has a percentage to the more populated areas, yet that is not what happens most of the times).
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 am

Heard back from Jos again. He suggested allowing spawning in the 5 current biggest towns (currently having 27, 14, 16, 17, and 25 inhabitants).

What are your thoughts on this?

Forget about the "signatures." It looks like we're gonna do this, so no sense tossing down things that will slow it.
Gran

Postby Gran » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:51 am

What do you mean by "towns"? Because the most populated locations possibly won't be in the home island.

Edit: Thinking about it, the whole post is quite dumb. But by doubts stands.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:36 pm

I asked Jos to clarify. I don't understand your edit.

If the most populated towns aren't on your home island, why is that a problem? You were concerned about dilution, but these are concentrated areas that obviously have something going for them.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:54 pm

I ran some queries and the six locations with most Portuguese chars who have been active within four days are: Lusitânia, Santana, Mil Cavernas, Nohuan/Nohum, Terra Rica and Praia do Galeão/Nova Esperança.
Not-so-sad panda
Mallu
Translator-Portuguese (LD)

Postby Mallu » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:54 pm

SekoETC wrote:I ran some queries and the six locations with most Portuguese chars who have been active within four days are: Lusitânia, Santana, Mil Cavernas, Nohuan/Nohum, Terra Rica and Praia do Galeão/Nova Esperança.

Santana, Nohum e Terra Rica...

It did not please! Cities silent and asleep
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:05 pm

They do have a lot of sleepers, but they also have the most characters who have been checked lately. Towns I didn't mention have 5 or less active characters.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Can you check if the towns you named match the IDs I sent you? If so, those are the ones Jos is proposing as fixed spawn points.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:08 pm

The ids you sent me are all wrong, they're not even outside locations and they're certainly not on the Portuguese region. You're looking at something with 4-5 digits, not three.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:12 pm

:lol: Perhaps he should just make you the DB genie.

Return to “Português (Portuguese)”