Just curious to two players. If it is two at all?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

MakeBeliever

Just curious to two players. If it is two at all?

Postby MakeBeliever » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:40 pm

I've been asked to place my question on the "wish to know the players" in this crb section by Sho. Even though i'm not even sure if it's a CRB. I was hoping by just placing my question in the "Asking who plays character thread" would be enough to settle my mind by two honest players coming forward, but it clearly isn't reading the responses there. I don't even need to know the players names just to be told it is two different players would be enough to make me happy.
So could someone from the players department please check things with ****** and ******. And pm me if this has already been investigated please. And thankyou for your time doing so.
Last edited by MakeBeliever on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent and Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Being played by the same player isn't a crime, so it is not enough justification to investigate this. Are they cooperating somehow or engaging in activity that would be against the CR if they were played by the same player?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
MakeBeliever

Postby MakeBeliever » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:11 pm

I'll pm you the reasons why i feel it warrents checking right now.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent and Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
MakeBeliever

Postby MakeBeliever » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:28 am

So far i have asked and still left in the dark here. All I'm told it's gone to GAB for investigation and i won't here the results, how does that confirm or let me move on knowing nothing.
I know you don't reveal players or comment on cases. I have reason reading again on the forums to suspect it was now an actual member of the players department.
I asked that member of GAB who contacted me to give me the clear rules on having characters work closely together and still nothing has been sent or spoken to me and all the secrecy and being kept in the dark is not fair to other players who don't use two to get ahead in Cantr.
I give Cantr a whole lot of my time. If it's one rule for us and one for the players department please tell me.
All i ever asked to be comfirmed or not confirmed if it was one player playing both. I think thats more then a reasonable question to be asking. So once again i am placing that question here for the second time till something is explained to me on either way..
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:18 pm

The rules for the players and for the playes department are the same. No one gets special treatment.
wietse

Postby wietse » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:40 pm

lets get rid of this silly capital rule and stop these accusations and such for always....
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:45 pm

wietse wrote:lets get rid of this silly capital rule and stop these accusations and such for always....

That looks like a better solution.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:44 pm

Makebeliever, I'm not sure if it's me who you're referring to when you say GAB member, but a question like this would hardly go to the GAB. (I'm also a PD member, so one of us may be confused. I've been away for a couple of weeks, and don't see a pm from or to you, so maybe you didn't mean me at all *shrugs*) I don't know the two characters in question, so cannot check it for you.

When you wish something like this to be checked, the best method to go about asking, so you can mention the names of the characters and location, is to email the PD at players@cantr.net. If this issue is still unresolved, please do so, so that it can be looked at.
MakeBeliever

Postby MakeBeliever » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:01 pm

Thankyou Oasis.
I also felt it could have been answered by the players department. But i was told by a member of players department it was going to GAB and i wouldn't even hear the results. Then i was contacted by a member of GAB.and still await to hear on anything, even if it's just to say it was one player and will be looked into. Or it's not one player taking advantage and nothing to be checked into. I've seen similar questions here answered in quick time, i didn't see it being the trouble that this question i asked would turn out to be.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:08 pm

MakeBeliever,

My mistake was telling you anything at all. I should have thanked you for the report and ended it at that. It was a noob mistake of mine when I was an aspirant, and I think this demonstrates exactly why the PD needs to preserve player's privacy, since the divulsion of one piece of information, accidental or intentional, can drag something exceedingly simple like this out over several months.

To answer your question, yes, the characters were played by the same player. No, there was no CRB that I am aware of. I ask you to please accept this answer, since I am not even certain I am allowed to tell you that.
MakeBeliever

Postby MakeBeliever » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:29 pm

There was no capital rule break there are you serious. That is just laughable. :shock:

The player played both the sheriff and the person comittting a crime and didn't lock the car let them escape down a road which only the other character could have seen because you can't see roads taken by people while sat in a car. That player let their own escape when they were wanted for murder. You get characters killed for note stealing let alone murder in most towns. The player also gained the position of sheriff while having their other character play the old sheriff's girlfriend. Are you sure thats not playing characters too close. Being a sheriff may not be an organisation but playing a lover and a deputy under the sheriff seems like it could have been used to gain ahead in Cantr.

So no, i don't accept the answer you gave. But it looks like your telling me i have to here. Even though they are your own crb rules everyone is supposed to follow.
Spider

Postby Spider » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:31 pm

Makebeliever, were you on the car? Did you see the character open the door? Better yet, did you know the lock was broken and needed replacing? Is it possible it wasn't built yet? Possible it wasn't locked yet? Were you inside with the couple? How do you know they didn't talk of an escape plan? Might there have been a backup incase it failed?

I don't understand, how does playing a sheriff's girlfriend get you to be sheriff....if you didn't realize, Sheriffs are APPOINTED. By who you ask? Perhaps the TOWN LEADER. That sheriff left for his own reasons and of course needed replacing and one of the few people aware and awake enough to work was appointed. I don't know how it could have been used to gain ahead when it was two different characters. The original Sheriff was the one that wanted to leave.

One more question, was the player even on staff when this happen?
MakeBeliever

Postby MakeBeliever » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:05 am

In answer to your questions Spider

No my character wasn't in the car, the door lock had been broken and replaced, the Sheriff commented on it that the lock wasn't locked how careless of them. Yes my character spent quite a few hours of time in the room talking with the girlfriend and old sheriff. What i mentioned was just a few examples.

The town leader at the time was the sheriff in a partnership with one of the characters and his old ex wife. So yes the position of Sheriff came from the old Sheriff and their other character was the deputy to be promoted.
With holding the new position as sheriff, it gave the old sheriff and their other girlfriend character free run from Murder stealing and lockbreaking so they gained the life of their characters..It also gave them town leadership for the taking when the old ex died. So a perfect set up really.

Yes the original sheriff went to leave to turn crook and steal and kill with one of the player in questions characters. To be let free to go onto to kill again by thwe Shariff he promtoted R.I.P KING.***** ******. That character in question also had got another deputy to help drag while breaking in the castle. That Deputy captured who helped then went on to intend to marry the lady Sheriff. Strange how the sheriff would want to marrry her own prisonar.The same prisonar being allowed to keep his title as deputy even though they participated in murder with the players other character. Yet that sheriff gladly kills others held in prison for the same crimes of murder.

Ask me what you like, but i'm not the one you should be asking the questions too... but the player who took advantage here with two characters..

If the rules apply to all it doesn't matter if their staff or not.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 am

Locking this thread. We do not discuss cases.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”