CRB`s

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Should OOC collaboration necessarily be a CRB

Yes
68%
No
22%
Not sure
11%

Total votes: 37
Mykey

CRB`s

Postby Mykey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:07 am

I am just looking for a satisfactory answer here. I never got to post much about Nick, and this relates to my own previous experience with Cantr.

Why is OOC collaboration a CRB? I have never gotten a good answer for this. If it is done to promote one group of people for ALL thier characters or if it is done solely with the intent to terrorize or leave a body count, I can agree with it, But why is planning a war with joe blow on MSN a CRB? Why is saying hey I need some help with dragging if your character is awake a bad thing? I realize thier is a fine line, but I think a Nazi hypocritical stance has always been takin, Why? I originally used the messenger method when the time limit was imposed, I never meant to become a terrorist with it, it just happened. Why? Because I was now severly limited with what could be worked out with others in a timely manner. I think it would be wiser to encourage messenger use as opposed to abuse, because honestly we all know some are allowed to do it and others arn`t thats very bad play imo.... I think if we remain true to our characters and intents this is not a CRB I know I am the only one who thinks this way, but I stand by it. And don`t give me that unfair advantage crap....99% of people have access to a messenger and if they are just to active for you that is a poor reason at best. I would really like to hear a GOOD reason. Good players drop like flies for these things.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:22 am

Did he just seriously ask that question? :shock: *looks again* Yes! He did. He asked that question. :|

I am going to wait for somebody else to come along, who has a healthier knack for stating the obvious than I do, to tell you just what an incredibly asinine .... I have a headache. I think my head is literally going to implode here. :|
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 am

:lol: Wichita, Ive heard the answers and most make little sense to me. On top of that this isnt something that can be stopped, it reminds of the USA`s war on drugs. It just feeds the urge to do this type of thing when you criminalize it anyways.... I await more intelligent responses.....
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Agar

Postby Agar » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:29 am

Bandit.

There's your good reason.

Can we get some PD members in here to talk about the Polish players some too?

OOC colaberation is a CRB because it does give an unfair advantage, not to people who do or do not have messengers, but to the clique on the messengers.

You have 15 characters spread across a land mass, one of your IM buddies spawns another and finds out he's on a coast near one of yours. So you swing by and pick him up so you can add his man power. Soon, you've got a galleon and boats stacked up because you need the room for people and heck, your friend scored some iron by looting the town just before your crew dragged him on board.

OOC colaberation is OUT OF CHARACTER. This is a slow game, GOOD players know that and accept it. People less than a day old wanting to build radios don't.

I can't understand why you can't understand that it's bad. You must not have been on the recieving end of a pirate attack. Just deal with it, it's not changing, it's been a problem far to many times and far too badly in the past.
Reality was never my strong point.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:39 am

Agar wrote:Bandit.

There's your good reason.

Can we get some PD members in here to talk about the Polish players some too?

OOC colaberation is a CRB because it does give an unfair advantage, not to people who do or do not have messengers, but to the clique on the messengers.

You have 15 characters spread across a land mass, one of your IM buddies spawns another and finds out he's on a coast near one of yours. So you swing by and pick him up so you can add his man power. Soon, you've got a galleon and boats stacked up because you need the room for people and heck, your friend scored some iron by looting the town just before your crew dragged him on board.

OOC colaberation is OUT OF CHARACTER. This is a slow game, GOOD players know that and accept it. People less than a day old wanting to build radios don't.

I can't understand why you can't understand that it's bad. You must not have been on the recieving end of a pirate attack. Just deal with it, it's not changing, it's been a problem far to many times and far too badly in the past.

OMG it creates cooperation?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?! We must destroy it!

If this was used in the manner you said that would be bad in my opinion, because the characters in question would have never met, Now my scenario, hey Cathy I spawned in Longinazy forest, Got anyone there? "Cathy" yes I do She is a religious leader. (me) Religious huh? I was thinking of making a religious character..... (perhaps we could meet up and discuss this more?

Why is this a CRB? Even if it is Why do you think it should be policed? And do you really think it is Policable? Imho one should be encouraged to follow the desires of one`s character not barred from using OOC tools to advance them. No never been hit by pirates.... I wouldn`t mind it though. Just might liven the game up, it isnt as slow for some as it is for others....

marol

Postby marol » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:45 am

Mykey wrote:Now my scenario, hey Cathy I spawned in Longinazy forest, Got anyone there? "Cathy" yes I do She is a religious leader. (me) Religious huh? I was thinking of making a religious character..... (perhaps we could meet up and discuss this more?

Why is this a CRB?
Now mine. - Hey, Cathy, I spawned in Longinazy forest, got anyone there? - Cathy: - Yes I do. She is a military leader. - (me) - Military huh? I was thinking of making a soldier... (perhaps we could meet up and make some raid over neighbour town?)

Mykey, you said there could be bad and "good" kind of OOC cooperation. Are you brave enough to draw the border line between them? And do you have any idea how to make people not passing that line?

Characters are separate, ingame individuals, and should not dependent on out of game events. This is the essence of Cantr, its root. There are plenty of games that out of game cooperation is allowed - play them. But if you want to change it in Cantr, it would be no longer Cantr.
Last edited by marol on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:50 am

[quote="marol"][quote="Mykey"]
Now mine. - Hey, Cathy, I spawned in Longinazy forest, got anyone there? - Cathy: - Yes I do. She is a military leader. - (me) - Military huh? I was thinking of making a soldier... (perhaps we could meet up and make some raid over neighbour town?)

Mykey, you said there could be bad and "good" kind of OOC cooperation. Are you brave enough to draw the border line between them? And do you have any idea how to make people not passing that line?

Characters are separate, ingame individuals. This is the essence of Cantr, its root. There are plenty of games that out of game cooperation is allowed - play them. But if you want to change it in Cantr, it would be no longer Cantr.

SO? MY god the Non-violence amazes me. IT will never cease, but I bet for most, the most FUN you will ever have will either involve violence or war. Either in the role of hero or villian, you make this last statement like its a bad thing?!?!!??!??!!??!?!?! I have no way other than saying you should always adhere to your characters intents. I believe Good OOC cooperation could be either dragging a criminal away or starting a coup.
It just depends how it is done. I believe bad OOC cooperation could happen both ways also, The ONLY difference to me between GOOD/BAD is if your staying true to your character or to yourself. That is the only line worthy of consideration. I just think this would be a better stance than dont do it! Although we cant stop you until we have investigated for years in some cases and after you are much loved and remembered.

This wasnt always against the rules, go play something else Marol, there I said it too. I still stand by my opinion.
Last edited by Mykey on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:51 am

The example you gave involved the use of OOC knowledge in game, surely you understand why that is a CRB?

As for OOC coordination, it makes sense to me that when you play a game you play within the game area, ie logged into Cantr.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:52 am

OOC colaboration is deeply unfair.

It's as simple as that.

Allowing OOC colaboration gives an advantage to people with greater OOC networks.
Getting your character forward should be about who your character knows IG, not who the player knows OOC.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:04 am

hallucinatingfarmer wrote:OOC colaboration is deeply unfair.

It's as simple as that.

Allowing OOC colaboration gives an advantage to people with greater OOC networks.
Getting your character forward should be about who your character knows IG, not who the player knows OOC.

I disagree, We have a big network right here on the forum, everyone is limtied to the size of thier network by the amount of people they can speak with. Which is equal whether that is realized or not the potential is all equal is what Im saying.

As for the getting ahead yes I kind of agree, but it cant be done without "who you know IG" So this argument is flimsy.

We assume just because collaboration exist, that it is somehow holistic in its approach for domination, I can tell you from experience it requires just as much conversation and planning as cantr, nothing is automatic.
Solfius wrote:The example you gave involved the use of OOC knowledge in game, surely you understand why that is a CRB?

As for OOC coordination, it makes sense to me that when you play a game you play within the game area, ie logged into Cantr.

I can see where it is too a degree but no more so than many other things.

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:20 am

Cantr has the Critical Rule - which is plain and simple. Do not use OOC information In-Game.

Unlike most other MOGs, this shows a respect for RP - deep RP does not have space for arrangements OOC.

If you don't like or understand that rule, then Cantr isn't for you. Go elsewere.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:26 am

I am really tired of people telling others to find something else to play. Seriously, shut the fuck up with that.
marol

Postby marol » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:33 am

Bran-Muffin wrote:I am really tired of people telling others to find something else to play. Seriously, shut the fuck up with that.
Find some other forum to make you proud of your impressive vocabulary.
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:38 am

hallucinatingfarmer wrote:Cantr has the Critical Rule - which is plain and simple. Do not use OOC information In-Game.

Unlike most other MOGs, this shows a respect for RP - deep RP does not have space for arrangements OOC.

If you don't like or understand that rule, then Cantr isn't for you. Go elsewere.

This rule has been proven to be unattianable and completely open to interpretation. We have all broken it. IT was called the capital rule way back when..... I am not posting this because I want to go play another game. I like this one, thanks. :lol: I am posting this in the hopes of stimulating conversation on the topic. IF we were all in a room with legos, this would be more understandable I suppose.

On a side note, since I know how you all feel about the matter. Which one of you crazy S.O.B.S voted with me on this? :lol: thanks....;) maybe you hit the wrong button?

I`m here to inform you, this is next to impossible to catch, if done reasonbly, done by some, even staff.......... And cannot really be stopped, So why be like america with drugs? If you enforce this, than what do you get? loss of experienced players, I would say good, but I can see that is always open to interpretation. I think, and this is just my humble opinion oh vast and numerous cantr players that when you abolish this, instead of setting responsible use for it, which Im sure the staff I ve heard of that have done this have not used. You will at the end of the day have a richer,fuller, more interesting cantr enviroment.

There that is all I got for now, and again anyone who tells me to play elsewhere, this is my piece of the sandbox, come get me Biotch!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

marol

Postby marol » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:48 am

Temporarily locked due to spam of Bran-Muffin.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”