The Death Sense - CR issue?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Bah... yet more rewriting I have to do due to ProgD changes. :roll:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:30 pm

One thing bad though... I just realized about not having it white... Is that if you're travelling with someone and they die while you're walking with them... You won't know.. not until you get where you're going, realize they aren't coming, then you turn around to go back and find their body... If no one has buried it... I think if you're walking with someone, you'd notice if they had a heart attack and died... :|

Now you'll just never know what happened to them (if they were buried and no one knew who they were)... even though they were right there...
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:42 pm

Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
viktor

Postby viktor » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:54 pm

dynamic corpse names, glad to see it, cuz if you visit tombs you should be able to learn the names of bodies, :lol:
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:24 pm

It doesn't help with that. If you didn't have them named before they died, you won't see their real name suddenly. And I found you cannot name a dead body, even with their name still being dynamic. It just sends you back to the people list.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:38 pm

Oasis wrote:It doesn't help with that. If you didn't have them named before they died, you won't see their real name suddenly. And I found you cannot name a dead body, even with their name still being dynamic. It just sends you back to the people list.

ProgD are aware of this - We will look further into implementing this but we may have to just turn off the dynamic naming when viewing a body
Maelstrom

Postby Maelstrom » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:23 pm

Chris Johnson wrote:
Oasis wrote:It doesn't help with that. If you didn't have them named before they died, you won't see their real name suddenly. And I found you cannot name a dead body, even with their name still being dynamic. It just sends you back to the people list.

ProgD are aware of this - We will look further into implementing this but we may have to just turn off the dynamic naming when viewing a body

Have to agree it'd be nice to name the dead though. For locations with vaults, crypts, mausoleums, etc, this would be very handy.

-Mael
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:05 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
Chris Johnson wrote:

Have to agree it'd be nice to name the dead though. For locations with vaults, crypts, mausoleums, etc, this would be very handy.

-Mael

You can now rename people after death - Clicking on the dynamic name of a body (or a burial project) leads to the dynamic naming screen.
Age of body and cause of death are also visible on this screen up until the body is buried - then you can only rename them ... (not that that is such a useful thing after they are buried - but we've got to have more feature creep haven't we :roll: )

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”