Jos reveals himself in Karnon Forest?

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

west

Postby west » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:44 am

Well, it's just too bloody hard to say "Oh my He-who-is-without"

remember that dude from the clever "book of the beginning" note in Olip Forest?
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:46 am

What?? Now you've lost me!

Again! LMAO
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:49 pm

Sorry, I still don't agree. Jos is not generic for god in the English areas. God is the generic for god in English areas. Plus, through you argument you are pretty much saying that it would be alright for people to start saying "Oh my Unnamed Ones" even though the Unnamed Ones haven't been introduced to that given area.

Plus, I think .west.'s argument about generic names for gods only furthers the argument that Jos shouldn't be used anywhere else but where the Church of Jos exists. Did the Norsemen know about Zoarostrian and did the Persians know about Thor. Both are names for the gods that those too different people worshipped but both did not know the name of the other's god. They might have eventually through contact except the Persians were long gone before the Norsemen came to sail the seas. The generic name has to be introduced through IC reasons so Jos would need to be introduced to a given area by a person from Quillanoi or Siom or any other place that the Church of Jos has been introduced before it can become the generic name for god in that given area.

The whole Allah thing also furthers my argument as a regional and cultural name for god that has only become known elsewhere because the information traveled in one way or another to another area. People in Indochina did not suddenly started praying to Allah because they suddenly thought of it as a generic name for god before the name was even introduced to them.

I see the whole generic name thing as a lame excuse for why Jos could be used widespread for a god in other areas that it has not been introduced yet.
g1asswa1ker

PD announcement on Jos as god

Postby g1asswa1ker » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:41 pm

The PD has discussed this topic in the PD. We of the PD share Solfius' opinion. The Church of Jos in Quillanoi has been established a long time ago. But new 'Churches' or followers shouldn't refer to Jos as a God. It's not original any more, and, in fact, it's indeed a Capital Rule breach. Should it travel there by means of water or air and spread by word of mouth then it will be allowed. This will include any other location it spreads naturally too.

This a final statement on this thread from the PD
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”