Huge Capital Rules Breach

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Schme

Postby Schme » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:28 pm

Schme wrote:It's unfortunate alot of your towns died due to cheating. You should report it as I've done.

Sabsi wrote:Of course the town is able to keep things locked but because this is an OOC event it isn't part of the responsibility of the citizens.

Nicely put.

Phalynx wrote:
So are you offering your services as a translator?

I would have thought it rather obvious that I am not.

I never said anything to imply that I was.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:04 pm

I'm kind of curious as to why Nick had all the doors wide open in the first place. I've seen towns be severely inconvenienced by sleeping leaders before, but usually the problem is that no one can access the buildings, not that everyone can. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I never left a door open for more than five minutes and tended to drag workers in and out rather than risk a thief while waiting for them to wake up on their own.
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:26 am

They weren't open. He was banned, killing his character, who dropped everything he had on the ground, keys and all.

It's also rather maddening that one of the two crowbars in France is in the possession of a cheater whose character has no goals other than to disrupt and destroy without reason.

I mean, sure, that's fun, but you have to play your character right. You build up to these things. There are no criminally insane infants.

Joseph Stalin
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:43 am

Schme wrote:
I mean, sure, that's fun, but you have to play your character right. You build up to these things. There are no criminally insane infants.

A spurious argument, infants cannot gather carrots or hunt, we are spwaned as full blown adulties (twenty years old) and as such character traits and flaws can be expressed immediately... One of the key things about criminal intent is that it remains hidden until the act... And as has been said the opportunity of easy crime can turn a previously honest person without warning to others...

Sure its unfair that the leader character was killed by outside influences but it is the nature of the game that people die unexpectedly from time to time... Thats life IRL or CANTR.

Sorry but get over it!
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:07 am

No.

Joseph Stalin
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:09 am

What I was saying, and what I've said several times earlier in this here thing, is that seeing as he was newly born and barely conversed at all, he could not possibly understand that stealing these things could be of any use to him, as he stole things that presumably he would spend. However, he can't, from what he knows, spend anything now, as he's left the only place where there are people (of which he knows.)

So his character cannot see what he has done as a profitable criminal act rather than a suicidal and pointless endevour.

Joseph Stalin
Sho

Postby Sho » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:17 am

By your argument, wouldn't the first characters to sail off their islands of spawning (e.g. the discoverers of the Olip-Kiii sea route) have been breaking the CR? They had no IC way of knowing that there was anything to be gained by sailing away from land. They knew of no land, let alone civilization, away from their islands.

I certainly wouldn't defend this guy as a courageous explorer, but he'd hardly be the first person, in Cantr or real life, to go far outside the boundaries of his known world. Neither would he be the first Cantr character to speak less than he thinks. You don't have to be a chatterbox to be a properly played character - I could give page-long profiles of the thoughts and emotions of each of my characters, most of which were never visible in the least in their speech.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”