Reporting Sabotage/Building Messages

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Farbrorn

Postby Farbrorn » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:07 pm

This thread is about sabotage and building messages, and it seems like the definition of sabotage corresponds to the things you have done; started a lot of projects with no intent of finishing them.

I agree about the rules, just one capital rule is not enough, it's just the same for building messages, nothing against that in the rules, but still it's not allowed. Nothing in the rules about interaction between your own characters either, but it's not allowed.

And you never answered my example, it might be bit extreme, but it's about the same thing. Should you be able to start 100 000 non-deletable projects, just to make things harder for the town?

But obviously this is a rule breach, since they are looking into this matter. So I won't discuss this further with you.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:10 pm

There are a lot of things said about interaction of your own characters in the CR...

The game engine permits starting of lots of projects. The rules say nothing about it, but if this thread describes the unwritten/unknown rules, maybe it should be disallowed. But then the game engine should prevent it.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:31 pm

Farbrorn wrote:Murdering/kidnapping is a part of the roleplaying aspect of the game, starting huge projects which locks upp machines are not. Not in my eyes at least.

I'm not sure which one of the pirates is your character, but one of them just started a 3840 gram scrambled egg project (on someone elses machine) and added 1g of egg to it. It would be rather hilarious if this was your character.
wietse

Postby wietse » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:02 pm

We got a case of suicidal agressive newspawn in Sil woods north, the dutch island.

Het picked up all messages and deleted the contents...

could such a player be removed?
Agar

Postby Agar » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:35 am

wietse wrote:We got a case of suicidal agressive newspawn in Sil woods north, the dutch island.

This should be in he Suicial new spawn thread, and should be delt with. I hate to think of idoits causing trouble in the lower populated languages. They have enough hardships with out morons coming there too.
Reality was never my strong point.
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:41 pm

Agar wrote:
wietse wrote:We got a case of suicidal agressive newspawn in Sil woods north, the dutch island.

This should be in he Suicial new spawn thread, and should be delt with. I hate to think of idoits causing trouble in the lower populated languages. They have enough hardships with out morons coming there too.

The problem with the dutch islands is is that everyone acts like a gathering/working zombie...

Now if only they would say "Braaaaiiinsss!"

Postby 15454 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:44 am

I think this is an ancient sabatoge but someone made a project of 500,000grams of charcoal which needs over 1 million grams of wood. and only one gram was put on. day was 800-900 in Reniov Forest West (Headquarters)

Could this be removed or reduced? I accually need to use the kiln for once.

PS. All the Jail projects were sabatage ( if you can remove those please too). I think you can tell by what it says in there.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:48 am

Someone is building a McDonalds in a location my char know as Dimmornas Dal... :roll:
Agar

Postby Agar » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:07 pm

There's an entire building in Aki Jahlido Sover that is sabatoge. It was part of a Sucidal Newspawns agitation to get killed. He was just "lucky" enough to be able to swipe enough wood to build a whole house, but if read his actions, you'll see he was just mouthing off, wanting to die, and had no intention of building the place.

Please remove PROJECT: Building -Gargean Residence- (cottage)
Reality was never my strong point.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Yeah that guy really pissed me off. He actually makes the regular suicidal people who just run around hitting everyone look good.

But if that's breaking the rules would be able to get the wood back? What if someone's already started workign on the cottage, because that's what some of the others are talking about doing.

Anyway, how come we can't just cancel projects ourselves, as long as no work has been done one it? It seems like that would solve a lot of the problems in this thread without having to bother someone on the forum about it.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:22 pm

This project will not be removed

Building projects are currently only removed if the name is
totally unacceptable in the game (i.e. significant OOC references or extremely offensive).

There is a ProgD development project to allow characters to cancel projects such as these. As to when that will be finished I don't know at this stage. If work is done on the project however, it is less likely that any resources will be recoverable when this is implemented.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:00 pm

Darn. :(

Will you at least talk to the guy though, to keep him from screwing over anymore towns with other characters? I mean, just because talking and generally being obnoxious while he was doing all that might count as RP it doesn't make him any less suicidal.
herkamer

Postby herkamer » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:03 am

I am glad that I am incredibly bored and wandering around in the forums to have found this thread. I knew that sabotage was dirty, but I didn't know it it was a big no-no. Sorry. My character wanted to raze Blaman Forest and sabotage was the closest thing to destruction that I could think of. Several of the houses at that location have unattainable projects in them. I will refrain from this activity in the future, however, please consider some way of allowing highly destructive characters to vent their frustrations beyond roleplaying.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:19 am

Well, if herkamer plays the person I think she does I'd say that at the very least she had a good IC reason to do what she did. I've always felt like there's a big difference between sabotage for RP reasons and sabotage because somebody was bored and felt like seeing how badly their newspawn could screw over a town. (Take that for what it's worth, though since the PD doesn't seem to agree I guess it's worth absolutely zilch...)

Of course I realize it'd be a pain to examine each individual case, so just flat-out disallowing it may be the easiest way to go for now. Nonetheless, I agree with herkamer and the others who've requested that there should be a 'legal' way to jam-up machinery in-game.

In Suggestions someone mentioned an actual 'sabotage' project that a character could perform, and...well, actually, the rest of this probably belongs over there. *cuts and pastes*
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:58 am

Three ancient sabotage projects in the 'Estates Armory' sub-building of the DoUrden Estates, in Brinks Forest:

Manufacturing charcoal
Manufacturing charcoal
Manufacturing steel

All of them are enormous projects with a single gram of material on them.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”