Reporting in-game notes written Out of Character

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:18 am

My character in Dhung just picked up a note which says "Wow santa came in here guys you missed him" in the title and is not editable. I guess Santa Clause does not exist in Cantr...
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:12 pm

The character Patapum, in Kartsjantankin, has droped some notes called "-cultura cantriana-" with OOC information (the contents of another recent note written in a distant place, and a copy of the Treefeather map, absolutly unknown in the German-Spanish area.
I'm afraid this note can be in other places too.

I've warned the player about the CRB and he seems regretful and willing to rectify (it seems he hasn't read the CR).
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Sicofonte wrote:and a copy of the Treefeather map, absolutly unknown in the German-Spanish area.

That's not true. The Treefeather map was carried to the German-Spanish island by an English sailor woman (or at least a woman speaking English), around day 1550 or so. One of my characters even received a copy of it (plus some cooked meat, yummy).
♫ bling! ♫
Wilmer Bordonado

Postby Wilmer Bordonado » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:28 am

Arlequin wrote:
Sicofonte wrote:and a copy of the Treefeather map, absolutly unknown in the German-Spanish area.

That's not true. The Treefeather map was carried to the German-Spanish island by an English sailor woman (or at least a woman speaking English), around day 1550 or so. One of my characters even received a copy of it (plus some cooked meat, yummy).

While actually the Threefeather map has arrived to the Spanish island (an that even I have no seen it included in the note referred by Sicofonte), the note itself has a lot of information about events which has ocurred in different sites of the island that couldn't be still known where the note was writen.
A typical case of character's sharing, I mean.

Wilmer B.
SI A LA VIDA, NO A LAS PAPELERAS!
http://www.noalapapelera.com.ar
YES TO LIFE, NO TO PULP MILLS!
http://chrislang.blogspot.com/2006_08_31_chrislang_archive.html
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:41 pm

The person with the Santa note in Dhung did it again. The character´s name is Jack and he note bombs us with notes titled "help" and "ROBS A MURDERER AND THATS A FACT!" and some of his notes like the one titled "everybody attention" contain OOC stuff like "don't waste you time playing your charectars here" and "Rob and Willy are the same person". My character picked up a few notes and deleted the OOC text but there are too many.
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:35 am

I wrote a note a while ago. can't remember the name of it. My character Iris Eye wrote it claiming he invented the game checkers. You should take a look at it to see if it falls into a category of something that shouldn't be done. Sorry if it did but I didn't really know at the time. Still don't know now but I am questioning it a bit.
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Mon May 14, 2007 10:59 pm

Could someone please please tell the player of Jack (currently in Dhung Prison) that it is not a good idea to play a thief and then write a note containing "/O.O.C/ This char is named after my grandfather believe me he's not a thief", and setting this note uneditable? This is the third time this character dropped uneditable OOC notes in Dhung, see my posts from 28th December and 3rd January. Thank you.
rconley

Postby rconley » Tue May 15, 2007 2:52 am

Will take care of it.
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Fri May 18, 2007 12:35 pm

Thank you, that would be very nice. Since my last post he dropped another OOC note about his grandfather and note bombed us a bit later (uneditable notes but at least not OOC this time).
Dust Puppy

Postby Dust Puppy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:59 pm

A character named Leo dropped an envelope in Doryiskom, titled
-((ooc:its a song you dont have to read it just leave there i dont care))-
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:39 pm

This is being dealt with. (Not by me, I hasten to add.)
I_am

Postby I_am » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Recently, one of my characters was handed an OOC note but I'd rather not say who, when, where, what, and why in the forum. Who can I PM with the info so the note can be Mission Impossibled? :)
rconley

Postby rconley » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Contact me via pm here and I'll work on it.
<Viktor> someone asks my career my answer is "full time cantriian"
chase02

Postby chase02 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:34 am

Just came across a VERY inflammatory and OOC note while cleaning up a town.

Title of the note is "READ!", if you need more details let me know.
Relegalize

Postby Relegalize » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:27 am

There is a note in Mirovash labeled "Test" which the author says was written "to check up on my html skillz."

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”