Reporting in-game notes written Out of Character

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:49 pm

1) In Second Blojt (on the ground): A note titled "Reisegeschichte", containing the text "Ich komme von Blojt Forest, gehe nach Blojt und suche Salz, hier falscher Weg, aber Salz in Pok Habour, Olip West, Try Moku South oder Dorian?", which is clearly German and to my knowledge the English haven't had any contact with the German.

2) The 24 notes titled Oops in the Jail in Kiii, the building is originally called Empire of Zuzi Outpost -Kiii but my character calls it Jail. I complained about those notes earlier but maybe you've been busy.
Last edited by SekoETC on Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not-so-sad panda
Schme

Postby Schme » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:34 am

I hate to ask again, but I'm afraid I've made a mistake in writting a note. See, I was putting what I'd written onto a note, which I'd planned to have temporary, so that I could see what it looked like. However, I accidentally made it permanant. The note is called "GhettoFabulousness". See, I plan to write another note with the completed and revised text with the same name, and that note had not been meant to be the final one.

If you could delete that note for me, it would be very helpful. It is in the inventory of my character who is traveling to Bljolt forest on the road. If you could delete it, that would be great. Thanks.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:48 am

Schme, I have reset the note to be editable, Your character can now delete its contents if they wish
Schme

Postby Schme » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:47 pm

Oh. Thank you very much.

And I must say, that was very quick.

Again, much thanks.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."

Joseph Stalin
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:38 pm

Am I missing something? Fair enough to report these things, but can't the chars just dump the notes in a "trash" envelope, which most places seem to have.
Sho

Postby Sho » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:53 pm

Yes, but we're perfectionists about this. Also, these notes are CR breaches of a sort, so PD wants to know about them.
Amlin

illegal translations

Postby Amlin » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:39 am

In lithuanian area appeared Note -Translations to English- :) It contains translations from lithuanian to english and nederlands. And we for sure had no contact with characters speaking this languages. Currently my character named Jadvyga holds that note, it is editable so i will erase it. Just wanted to ask to remove copies of it if present. I dont see in events window note names, but i suspect that character whom i named Mušeika made it. Some history of notes dropping i think related to this note:
1407-6: Tu pamatei, kad Tomas numetė note.
1407-6: Tu pamatei, kad Tomas paėmė note.
1407-5: Tu pamatei, kad Mušeika numetė note.
(In english:
1407-6: You see Tomas drop note.
1407-6: You see Tomas take note.
1407-5: You see Mušeika drop note.)
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:46 am

We have a new spawn in Karnon at the moment who has dropped a note containing his political beliefs in collectivism.

The note is essentially the opening text of Marx and Engels "Manifesto of the Communist Party" with the word collectivism used in place of communism .

Edit: the note is entitled -=A Call to Order of Collectivism=-
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:01 am

I think it is Shambon...there is a note on the ground... Labled...
a Note -OOC NOTE: Way to make red font, or any other color, and size-

Should this be removed?

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:02 pm

Ok, this prophet has gone too far! He's clearly giving OOC instructions to the newbie players InGame. I would guess that he's no more than a newbie himself as well and should be corrected if not done so already.

This note is situated in Quillanoi South, and there's also another note containing the rules. So someone else must've written them first and he's just including them in his scriptures, but that's just... wrong. That's not even funny. There must be a line between OOC and IC, and allowing notes like this blurs that line from the newbies.

Proof of the Gods!

I, Deegan Quillanoi, haven taken my name from the land in which I was spawned, do
wish to share this irrefutable proof of the existence of the cruel Gods of which I
have written! In Quillanoi South, where I was spawned, I found the note that led to
my revelation about the truth of our world and the enlightenment which I encourage
all beings to seek! Those who doubt me may travel to that quiet spot for themselves
and read “cantr guidelines”. For those too busy or too weak to make the journey, I
shall copy it here in its entirety:

1)speaking in OOC outloud is looked down on by others. it`s best not to do it unless
you have to.

2) read the capital rule. to find it, go to cantr home page and click on "new
user".

3) your not going to learn how to make everything, not even i know how. i`m still
confused on how to make clothes and how to process steel.

4) don`t use IM chat slang. people hate that. use complete sentences. and if you
make a typo don`t point it out. most people can figure out what the typo is.

5) the capital rule is a little vague on certain things. if you have a question, ask
me.

6) your characters should have "personality`s ". for example, a village idiot, or
pretend to be insane. it`s actually kind of funny to see others reactions. you can
also be a scientist, or a cartographer. just use your imagination.

7) if you need to know more just ask. you can ask anyone. i`m sure they would like
to help.

i hope this helps.

O Cruel God, it does help! This is the proof that you and your sadistic brethren
exist that will bring our souls to salvation and freedom now that we are aware of
your activities! There can be no question now as to what the Gods think of we,
their playthings. They encourage our ignorance (3), they limit our language and
mock speech impediments (4), and they laugh at our livelihoods (6)! They also
indicate that there are willing puppets among us (7) who further their foul
schemes!

Seek Salvation, O Brothers and Sisters! Take on one of the four Sacred Statuses,
crack their odd codes of “OOC” and “IM” and remember: By the gift of the Holy
Sleeping Sickness and the power to Starve for Salvation, we shall win our war
against the Gods!

I, Deegan Quillanoi, haven taken my name from the land in which I was spawned, do
wish to share this irrefutable proof of the existence of the cruel Gods of which I
have written!
Not-so-sad panda
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:41 pm

:lol:

That is kind of funny. I wouldn't mind seeing that rewritten a bit and reposted.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:52 am

That is a new version of the one he dropped where I am (not OOC, but equally bizarre)
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:42 am

In Moku North, inside the building "North Moku Blacksmith" there's a note with a blank title (or actually there's at least three of them, but it's the second one that's the questionable one).

I'm not sure what it's supposed to do but it communicates with an off-site webpage. I tried one of the links and it didn't work. The notes with dates are from the 500's so it's likely who ever wrote it isn't even playing anymore.
Not-so-sad panda
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Interesting! I wonder why people put so much effort in making such things.
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
Elros

Postby Elros » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:08 pm

SekoETC wrote:Ok, this prophet has gone too far! He's clearly giving OOC instructions to the newbie players InGame. I would guess that he's no more than a newbie himself as well and should be corrected if not done so already.

This note is situated in Quillanoi South, and there's also another note containing the rules. So someone else must've written them first and he's just including them in his scriptures, but that's just... wrong. That's not even funny. There must be a line between OOC and IC, and allowing notes like this blurs that line from the newbies.

Proof of the Gods!

have written! In Quillanoi South, where I was spawned, I found the note that led to
my revelation about the truth of our world and the enlightenment which I encourage
all beings to seek! Those who doubt me may travel to that quiet spot for themselves
and read “cantr guidelines”. For those too busy or too weak to make the journey, I
shall copy it here in its entirety:

1)speaking in OOC outloud is looked down on by others. it`s best not to do it unless
you have to.

2) read the capital rule. to find it, go to cantr home page and click on "new
user".

3) your not going to learn how to make everything, not even i know how. i`m still
confused on how to make clothes and how to process steel.

4) don`t use IM chat slang. people hate that. use complete sentences. and if you
make a typo don`t point it out. most people can figure out what the typo is.

5) the capital rule is a little vague on certain things. if you have a question, ask
me.

6) your characters should have "personality`s ". for example, a village idiot, or
pretend to be insane. it`s actually kind of funny to see others reactions. you can
also be a scientist, or a cartographer. just use your imagination.

7) if you need to know more just ask. you can ask anyone. i`m sure they would like
to help.

i hope this helps.

O Cruel God, it does help! This is the proof that you and your sadistic brethren
exist that will bring our souls to salvation and freedom now that we are aware of
your activities! There can be no question now as to what the Gods think of we,
their playthings. They encourage our ignorance (3), they limit our language and
mock speech impediments (4), and they laugh at our livelihoods (6)! They also
indicate that there are willing puppets among us (7) who further their foul
schemes!

Seek Salvation, O Brothers and Sisters! Take on one of the four Sacred Statuses,
crack their odd codes of “OOC” and “IM” and remember: By the gift of the Holy
Sleeping Sickness and the power to Starve for Salvation, we shall win our war
against the Gods!

have written!

I met this character in game in the town of Kwaki. He gave me a note very similar to this one.
Every action has a consequence.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”