Plagiarized lyrics + electric guitar on the radio

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Marian

Plagiarized lyrics + electric guitar on the radio

Postby Marian » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Is there some kind of policy against this kind of thing or do we all just have to grit our teeth and ignore how tacky and OOC it is?

4769-2.07: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Hmm...testing testing. This is [NAME REMOVED] here with music today, so I hope you enjoy and hope you hear. *Shuffle noises are heard* Hey you have that drum Nat? *more shuffling* Alright, a one, one, two, three hit it. *a electric guitar plays as drums begin to follow the rhythm, as singing is beginning to be heard* A side of temperance. An appetite for excess. I'm burning out like your cigarette. You! (You had me cornered.)You had me at goodbye(I lived to watch you)I loved to see you slip away(I enjoyed captivity)Staring at a car crash We kill at weddings and live for funerals. We're taking steps on the water just to show. We do whatever we want to. Did I forget who I was? Did I forget just where I came from? Did I just lose who I am? This is the line I stand?(A feast of apathy, a shot of angst.) I! (I brought you to safety.)I carried you away!(Taking all your blame.) I dropped you in the gutter!(Hid you and protected.) Just to watch you scream! We save with violence and lie with eloquence. We're turning wine into water with abhorrence. We'll save whoever we want to.(Oh!) Did I forget who I was! Did I forget just where I came from! Did I just lose who I am! This is the fine line I stand!I'm not so confident. I'm going to be the one who takes the next step. I'm a cyclone, passion overblown. Tied to the tides that pull me in the undertow. Where the wind blows is where my body's thrown. And I can't fight it. Maybe we should walk away from this. Take our proverbial walk into the sunset. Maybe we are destined to be different. We were designed for more resilience than this. But we don't know how and we live in the now. If we were smarter maybe we would try to fake it. Maybe we should walk away from this. And stop being ourselves, just stop being yourself. If you want to be happy!(Oh!) Did I forget who I was? Did I forget just where I came from? Did I just lose who I am? This is the fine line I stand.(Amid the roar!)This is the fine line I stand. (Amid the roar!) This is the fine line I... *the music and singing stops with a end note* "
Last edited by Marian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Wiro

Re: Plagiarized lyrics + electric guitar on the radio

Postby *Wiro » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27082

Also just a friendly reminder that electric guitars are not against the rules.

http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Electric_guitar
Read about my characters by following this link.
Marian

Re: Plagiarized lyrics + electric guitar on the radio

Postby Marian » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Whoops, didn't see yours. I went ahead and edited the guy's name out, though of course it's radio chatter that may not even be his real one.

And I...don't think I've ever seen an electric guitar in game before. Huh.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”