Newspawns looking for people or places they can't know about

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Newspawns looking for people or places they can't know about

Postby Snickie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 pm

I couldn't find the forum thread specifically for this, so I'm making a new topic for it here. If there's already one that's not locked, then feel free, mods, to move it. (The last one was locked because of me; sorry, folks. :oops:) I suppose I need new glasses.

I also tried to email the PD using the form on the website, but it didn't work. I seem to remember reading something about that form not working, but I didn't feel like looking for it or the alternative, so here it is.

Anyways.

We've a newspawn in Guildport who wants to go to Shai, but can't possibly know that Shai exists....well, here's the log. Bottom-to-top.

3296-6.33: Monero Acros says: "It's not even on this island, guy. You can't walk there."

3296-6.33: You say: "((ooc:: It's a CRB....I'm reporting it. Sorry, folks.))"

3296-6.33: newspawn guy looking for Shai says: "Well, a man in his thirties, if you would be kind as to point me in that direction, I'd take my leave..."

3296-6.33: Gog says: "*he watches* That... that man... just... *he looks about, as if looking for something, then, shaking his head* Gog not know... what man say?"

3296-6.32: Monero Acros says: "I spawned a few towns over from Shai. I'll just tell you it's a hell of a long ways from here."

3296-6.30: You say: "Sir, you just got here. How could you possibly know where Shai is? Even I do not know where Shai is."

3296-6.30: newspawn guy looking for Shai says: ""

3296-6.30: newspawn guy looking for Shai says: "Sigh, where in god's name is this place: SHAI, located?"

3296-6.29: You notice newspawn guy looking for Shai whom you haven't seen before.

Thank you!
Doug R.

Re: Newspawns looking for people or places they can't know about

Postby Doug R. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 am

The contact form works fine for me.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:38 am

It was giving me an error, "This email is in the wrong format, or is blank." and the title and the message were both filled in. -shrug- Well, it's been reported, and supposedly fixed in-game.
Actually, in retrospect I'm not really sure why I reported it since I'm pretty sure you have a character there.
MelloYell

Postby MelloYell » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:28 am

san doria

3297-7.34: Buckle Theif says: "I read enough wiki to get the bilding part"

3298-0.11: 3298 Buckle Theif says: "Mizore and I didn't check the events"

3298-0.17: 3298 Buckle Theif Mizore says: "I was told I could use some of the stuff in there I must have put an extra 0 on axident

the char was warned twice ooc'ly to stop referring to the physical real world, too.
Last edited by MelloYell on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:08 am

Mmmm. Yeah. Same here.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 am

Not fixed in-game. Ugh. He took a bike or tandem or something, and is now somewhere on the road between Shai and Sring-Sri. This, of course, after he picked up everything and probably also ransacked all the buildings (he did go in and out of all the unlocked ones).
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:03 am

For the record, I sat this guy down (he did the same thing in another town) and had a several hour long lecture, Q/A, etc. I can send the log out if people want to review it, but he should know the basics now, and if he's ignoring them, it's because he wants to.

It was like giving birth to the most retarded baby ever.

Edit: I would, however, like to say that so far he's been doing okay where my character is.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:21 am

I just realized that I posted that in the wrooooong thread. Mods, feel free to move everything from my previous post on this thread, down, to the suicidal newspawns thread. This is a different person than I was referring to in my original post on this thread.
MelloYell

Postby MelloYell » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:38 pm

gotta a crb'er leaving the road from darlina headed to knatr. -just- spawned, picked up all the food in town, and headed down the road with the following statement:

3410-7.30: 3410 says: "...Like I said, long story. I need to get to Akypor though, I only took this because I dont know how long the trip is"
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks for reporting it
MelloYell

Postby MelloYell » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 am

the player is now locked in a medium cargo hold called "below decks" on the raker "sophia", but is still going on about akypor.

3412-1.10: 3410 Zwei says: "*Tosses the map down upon finishing*"

3412-1.10: You see 3410 Zwei drop a note.

3412-1.09: 3410 Zwei says: "I can write you a world map right now if you wish."

3412-1.09: 3410 Zwei says: "When you sail the seas the world is the only limit."

3412-1.09: You say: "You are too young to even know where Akypor is or to even have heard of it. It's not even on any of our maps."

3412-1.09: 3410 Zwei says: "I heard he's in Akypor."

there is no way for the character to even know akypor exists, seeing as he spawned on 3410, and there are no maps in our town which portray treefeather island. my char has tried hinting in character that this newspawn should have no knowledge of other places and people, but is still insisting on having the knowledge.

he tossed down a world map of cantr, and those don't exist in our town.

i just noticed that he also dropped a note with lyrics to a song called "seize they day" by some group called "avenged sevenfold".

edit: now he keeps talking as though his char has seen whole cantr world.

3412-1.16: 3410 Zwei says: "Your also constantly in one place while I've been all over. Im twenty not five. Technically I'm two*Giving a slight chuckle at the pun about his own name* The ocean is the best place for me. Maybe we can go to one of the few places I haven't seen."
Last edited by MelloYell on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

Thank you. Someone will look into it.
wadko

Postby wadko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:18 pm

This type of CBRers are common in polish zone.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:25 pm

I hope you do report them. :)
wadko

Postby wadko » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Yup. Or I kill them. That is also a common thing in polish zone.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”