Not possible.

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

NaruShadow

Postby NaruShadow » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:15 am

This is a perfect excuse to add torches and pitchforks to the game, then we can form an angry mob and run him out of town :D
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines... :P
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:40 am

NaruShadow wrote:This is a perfect excuse to add torches and pitchforks to the game, then we can form an angry mob and run him out of town :D

:lol: :lol:
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:42 am

rconley wrote:
2797-0.03: *****says: "*Reaches his hands out and grasps the air. He rips a large hole in thin air and steps through it. Moments later another hole appears and he passes back through it. Both portals disappear*"

And more on this same character....and after he steps back through this "portal" begins speaking that he's spoken to the recently deceased, which isn't a problem but the whole portal thing is and not to mention now speaking on things he shoudln't know about. Oh yes and mentioning being "reborn" if he dies so he may need message about that as well

I didn't even see that at first when I checked the events of today.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:03 pm

I understand that people's beliefs is up to them. If this char thinks he has six arms etc and can tear holes in the fabric of space so be it. But then, I couldn't see anything wrong with the guy who thought himself a robot.
Actually I think, as I once said on the "What Cantrians look like" thread, I think Cantrians must be multi-limbed to carry all the junk around with them that they do
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:03 pm

This char emotes portals in the air which isn't there. If he emoted he acted like stepping through a portal in thin air it would have been ok.
Arenti

Postby Arenti » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:15 pm

EchoMan wrote:This char emotes portals in the air which isn't there. If he emoted he acted like stepping through a portal in thin air it would have been ok.

Yes true of course. But I still believe it's also not right to rp having more legs and mouths and arms.
Voltenion

Postby Voltenion » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:19 pm

tiddy ogg wrote:I understand that people's beliefs is up to them. If this char thinks he has six arms etc and can tear holes in the fabric of space so be it. But then, I couldn't see anything wrong with the guy who thought himself a robot.
Actually I think, as I once said on the "What Cantrians look like" thread, I think Cantrians must be multi-limbed to carry all the junk around with them that they do

But emotes aren't thoughts. If it is an emote it means my character can see he just stepped in trough a portal and disappeared. There's no thinking there, only actions. Actions that are way too unrealistic, and just...ridiculous. A woman with a cock is strange, but a guy with six arms is a CRB.

It says a man in his twenties, not a creature in his twenties. :lol:
"Delete Fu Island" activist.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Cantr people are only human-oid.

The portals, yeah... not cool. The X amount of arms... I don't see as a CRB.

He's a freak of nature, a mutation... some god awful random thing someone did experiments on during the 20 years we don't see. You know, whatever.

Keep the purification behavior IG... but the portal thing still isn't cool. No magic in Cantr tsk tsk.

You say, "*takes a deep breath then jumps far across the area he is in* I have crossed a portal no mortal can see and .... blah blah blah."
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 am

Yes, I'll agree the emotes don't fit. But if he announced he had six arms etc, and said "Watch this, I'm going to enter this portal." *makes strange movements as if climbing through a hole* to my mind that would be Ok.
Guess he does need a message about that.
Otherwise it's a fine RP opportunity arguing with him to try to convince him he's deluded, as people do all the time in Cantr when someone proposes a religion.
BarbaricAvatar

Postby BarbaricAvatar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Voltenion wrote:It says a man in his twenties, not a creature in his twenties. :lol:

Spot on. If Cantrian's were creatures then they'd be addressed as 'Male/Female in their twenties'.

But there's no rule against people having 2 arms and 2 legs and believing they've got 6 arms/whatever. There's lots of deluded/demented chars in game.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:14 pm

BarbaricAvatar, not being a prick, BUT please post the rule that says people CAN'T have more then 2 legs, etc.

I'd like to see the rule, is all.

Cause what about "birth defects" or people without limbs at all. I REALLY wanna see the rule.

And seeing a "man" doesn't mean you don't see a "man with 6 arms". He's still a man... just a funny looking one.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:38 pm

I've see out-of-game references to a Cantrian society that has tails.... In the past, my chars have encountered reports of giants or ogre-like beings. I know of people who have been scolded for RPing as robots, but other things are OK. As far as I can tell, there is nothing very clear about what is or isn't over the line except certain behavior (such as the portal thing).
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
BarbaricAvatar

Postby BarbaricAvatar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 pm

The issue has been brought to our attention and we'll look into it. If you wish to discuss this further, go here:
http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?t=18437
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”