Double Language Speaker redux

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

IHaveNoLegs

Double Language Speaker redux

Postby IHaveNoLegs » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:55 am

That same exact woman was speaking English in a town and put a note on the ground with an events log that said **person** habla. The note is an event log and every part of the interface is in Spanish. She also has said “sorry but i don't speak very good your language”. If this isn’t a CRB I dunno what is.
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:23 am

It just sounds like the poor girl is just trying to learn more english. It just needs to be explained that she can't mix languages unless there is IG knowledge of the two...
This could've been explained to her one time IG, OOC...
I know english and french pretty well but I don't go dropping Eng notes in Fr territory and Viceversa...
My old banner ;)
Jaxon

Postby Jaxon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:29 am

Snake_byte wrote:It just sounds like the poor girl is just trying to learn more english. It just needs to be explained that she can't mix languages unless there is IG knowledge of the two...
This could've been explained to her one time IG, OOC...
I know english and french pretty well but I don't go dropping Eng notes in Fr territory and Viceversa...

That would be fine and everything, if she wasn't using OOC knowledge of English to ruin IG matters.
IHaveNoLegs

Postby IHaveNoLegs » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:30 am

Maybe I was unclear. She is speaking perfect English with a few "me no understand" messages strewn about and the note makes it clear as day she registered as a Spanish speaker. The char is also very young making it hard to believe she learned it IG
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:13 am

I've reviewed the situation, and the character appears to have sufficient exposure to speak bilingually. That's all I can say about it.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”