language problems

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

JG

language problems

Postby JG » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:24 pm

One of my Dutch speaking characters has a discussion with a Spanish speaking character whose player is using a translation program in a very obvious manner. I've seen this before in Cantr, Spanish characters who suddenly could speak understandable Dutch, with this I mean, sometimes I could make sence of it and other times I couldn't. But what this player does, goes even further. First his character speaks to my character in English, of which my character's reply was : “I don't understand you.” in Dutch, then he starts to speak this strange Dutch. :?
What should I do? I can pm my character's ID and the name of that Spanish character, but his player is one of the many players with Spanish characters who are doing this. I just like them to stop doing it.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm

They shouldn't use English as a middle language, except in emotes. And there's a certain number of years a character must have lived among speakers of another language before they are allowed to use outside sources, before that they are only allowed to use what they have heard in the game. You could solve it ingame by getting mad at them for insulting your language and attack them. You can also tell them OOC in English that the crap they are producing is mostly unreadable and if they cannot take the effort of actually studying the language, they should just stick to sign language (emotes). Tell them that if they continue, it's a CRB because they are obviously using OOC information. It's unfortunate that the spawn locations were originally so close that the language groups have mixed.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm moving this to the CR forum.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Please send me the info you have via pm so PD can take care of this situation.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”